Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #616
peppercc02
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me the current rate of renting a golf cart at Fort Wilderness. When I made reservations 10 months ago for December and was told $59.00 a day plus tax, but the prices may be increased on October 1st. I checked the Disney web site and it said $79.00 a day. Please tell me I am reading this wrong!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #617
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercc02 View Post
I checked the Disney web site and it said $79.00 a day. Please tell me I am reading this wrong!
You are not reading that wrong.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #618
shell1974
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabnee View Post
Glad to hear you're coming to join us in October! What dates you coming? We'll be there 19-26.
Sorry didn't see this.....18-29th!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #619
dsmom
DIS Veteran

we are checking in Dec 15th for a 2 night stay- our first time in the cabins!!

anything we should know for our first stay? our son is 15- special needs -

so we are renting a golf cart for the two days. we were told it would be 125.00 total for the two days and would be charged the day before we arrive.

i have one question about arrival - what time can we check in our cabin? we were told to pick up the cart at check-in. what do we do with the cart if our cabin is not ready at check-in?

thanks for any help!!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #620
meganhernandez76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmom View Post
we are checking in Dec 15th for a 2 night stay- our first time in the cabins!! anything we should know for our first stay? our son is 15- special needs - so we are renting a golf cart for the two days. we were told it would be 125.00 total for the two days and would be charged the day before we arrive. i have one question about arrival - what time can we check in our cabin? we were told to pick up the cart at check-in. what do we do with the cart if our cabin is not ready at check-in? thanks for any help!!
If you do online check in, it asks you what time you arrive. I have heard that typically the rooms are ready but if not, there are plenty of places you can park the golf cart. Near the bus transportation and by the restaurant and water transportation there is plenty of parking. I recommend to go to the restaurant side b/c there are plenty of activities to do while you wait for your room. Glad you rented the cart. It makes it much more enjoyable. We stayed at the cabins in 2009 and will be there again this dec 7-15. I hope you love it as much as we did. Be sure to drive your golf cart around in the evening and look at all the decorations the campers put up. Some of them are pretty amazing. The front desk should be able to tell which loops are best to tour.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #621
meganhernandez76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
we are checking in Dec 15th for a 2 night stay- our first time in the cabins!! anything we should know for our first stay? our son is 15- special needs - so we are renting a golf cart for the two days. we were told it would be 125.00 total for the two days and would be charged the day before we arrive. i have one question about arrival - what time can we check in our cabin? we were told to pick up the cart at check-in. what do we do with the cart if our cabin is not ready at check-in? thanks for any help!!
also, if you are at the campground in the evening, you can go to the beach area and see the magic kingdom fireworks from there. They also do an electrical parade every evening that you can see from the beach. Front desk should be able to tell you what time it comes by every night.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #622
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i have one question about arrival - what time can we check in our cabin? we were told to pick up the cart at check-in. what do we do with the cart if our cabin is not ready at check-in?
If your room is not ready, I would suggest going ahead and picking up your golf cart. I did not pick up my golf cart until after we got into our cabin, so around 4:30 pm and they were almost out. We had gone to DTD while we waited. If I do this again, I would pick up the cart first. Then either drive it around the campground exploring or just move it to one of the golf cart parking lots until moving it to the cabin.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney

Last edited by tobikaye; 10-17-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: fix format
Old 10-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #623
dsmom
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone for your replies!

we are so excited to be staying in the cabins! i have wanted to stay here

since i was a child! it will be my husband, son and myself. my son is special

needs ( he was a Make a Wish child) so we will spend almost all of our time

at the Fort. he loves the water! we plan on driving our golf cart one night

to look at the Christmas decorations and plan to do the campfire also.

we will only be there for two nights but if he does well we will be back for a

longer stay. thanks again for the help!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #624
nydancemom
Mouseketeer

We have reservations for two cabins for late August 2014, using a RO discount from a PIN for the first 3 days and the free dining bounceback for the last 5 days. We've never stayed in the cabins before. Is the bed in the bedroom still a double or has it been upgraded to a queen like the other mods (well CBR supposedly will get queens with the new refurb-I know they don't have queens yet)? Just trying to figure out sleeping arrangements for the 5 of us (all adults) in one of the cabins. Thanks
Old 10-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #625
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydancemom View Post
We have reservations for two cabins for late August 2014, using a RO discount from a PIN for the first 3 days and the free dining bounceback for the last 5 days. We've never stayed in the cabins before. Is the bed in the bedroom still a double or has it been upgraded to a queen like the other mods (well CBR supposedly will get queens with the new refurb-I know they don't have queens yet)? Just trying to figure out sleeping arrangements for the 5 of us (all adults) in one of the cabins. Thanks
No queen beds.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

Old 10-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #626
smraynor
The Art Professor

I don't know if this was anyone else's experience but we had a hard time with hot water in the showers in the cabins. With a family of 6 it was tough to get enough for everyone's bath time.

http://www.itats.org/vintage-walt-di...lorious-1970s/

My semi-viral Disney castle article here:

Old 10-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #627
barbara ann
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have single serve coffee pots in the cabins? I know they have a bigger pot, but I'm the only one that drinks it at night so a single would be perfect! I can never seem to get the coffee to water ratio right if I try to make less in the big pot! lol
Old 11-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #628
bna16
Mouseketeer

Campfire Sing a long

Does anyone know where I can find as much information as possible for Chip n Dales campfire sing a long? I would like to take my nieces in January if it is possible!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #629
enchantedmansion
many happy days at WDW

Stayed in cabin Dec. 9th -13th, 2013

We (4 adults and nephew) stayed in a cabin for four nights last week. We really enjoyed it! We were in loop 2500, which was convenient to the pool and laundry and was quiet. We didn't feel crowded in the cabin, but we made use of the deck quite often- grilling meat, eating at the picnic table, and relaxing. (The cabin was showing its age, though, but that didn't bother us.) We brought a Disney approved fire pit and lawn chairs with us and had some cozy campfires. Since we have annual passes, we only spent two days at the parks and the rest of the time at Fort Wilderness. It is such a contrast to the busy parks! We enjoyed seeing the MK fireworks and electrical water pageant from the beach. We rented a golf cart for three days for convenience and to see the Christmas decorations in the loops- saw lots of decorated campsites, some cabins, and even golf carts loaded with Christmas lights! We played shuffleboard (free) and checkers (free), saw deer, relaxed at the beach, and had drinks from Crocketts Tavern. We only bought a few things from the trading posts- the prices were crazy! $4.19 for a roll of paper towels and $3.50 for a 2 liter bottle of Coke. Regarding the question about the small coffee pot- our cabin only had a 12 cup pot.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #630
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bna16 View Post
Does anyone know where I can find as much information as possible for Chip n Dales campfire sing a long? I would like to take my nieces in January if it is possible!
The schedule that time of year is that the campfires are lit around 630pm, the singalong with Chip & Dale starts at 7pm, and the movie rolls around 740pm. The DIS Camping Board will have the movie schedule posted for the month but it won't be available until maybe the last day of the month or the first day or two of January.

You can bring marshmallows, sticks, even hot dogs and fixings to roast over the campfire. There are two fire bowls, one on either side up front and depending on the size of the crowd one or both may be in use. There are many hard log benches for sitting down front and aluminum bleachers behind them so there is plenty of seating. The Comfort Station (bathrooms) for loop 1400 is down a very short sidewalk behind the bleachers.

There is a refreshment stand in the Conestoga Wagon that sells snack and drinks. They also sell a smore kit of a couple Hershey bars, graham crackers, sticks, and marshmellows which was $10 when I was there last year. (It's enough for maybe 4 people). You can buy sticks separately for less than a buck also. You are free to bring your own stuff though.

Chip & Dale stay up on stage with song leader/guitarist for the first song or two then they split up each taking one side walking among the log benches and bleachers signing autographs, posing for pictures, etc with their CM handlers. One thing we've done is to sit up front for a photo with one of them, then after that hustle to the back of the other side for a photo with the other. No need to go to them as they will come around to you. It's not like trying to get a picture taken in the parks with a character.

The location is in the middle of Fort Wilderness at the stop for the Meadow Trading Post and main pool area. If you arrive at either end of the Fort via car or boat or bus, catch an internal Fort bus that is yellow or orange. Get off at the Trading Post stop (ask the bus driver if you aren't sure) and you can easily find your way there.

It is free and open to anyone.

Bama Ed
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: