Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #31
Yakamishi
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11

Quote:
Additionally, there are two cabins located on campsites 118 and 120 in the 100 loop that are used exclusively by Disney management and other corporate types.
That is slightly inaccurate. True there are two cabins up near the marina, but they are not exclusive. We stayed in them in Jan 09. Location was terrific. All we did was request them and we were given our request.

(If ya really think about it....if you're a Disney VIP are you gonna stay in a cabin at FW? lol! NO, I'm thinking POLY or GF at the very least. lol)
Yakamishi is offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #32
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakamishi View Post
That is slightly inaccurate. True there are two cabins up near the marina, but they are not exclusive. We stayed in them in Jan 09. Location was terrific. All we did was request them and we were given our request.

(If ya really think about it....if you're a Disney VIP are you gonna stay in a cabin at FW? lol! NO, I'm thinking POLY or GF at the very least. lol)
I am pretty sure you meant to say Jan 08 not Jan 09?

Anyways, there is a website that lists these 2 cabins as exclusive. Here is what it says:

Additionally, there are two cabins located on campsites 118 and 120 in the 100 loop that are used exclusively by Disney VIPs and other corporate types.

How was the inside of the cabin and overall privacy?
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #33
Yakamishi
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11

Opps, actually I meant 2007. But I digress...

Yeah, there are a few web sites (and books) that list them as "exclusive" but c'mon.....if you're a VIP are you really gonna stay in that small cabin? Or get a...I don't know...maybe a room at the POLY or GF? or WL, or AKL, or....well you get my point, right?

At any rate, we stayed there January 07 and the "VIP cabins" were just like the other cabins. Rates were the same. (Actually we used an AP rate at 169$ a night) All it was was a request for cabin 116 and we got it. Oddly enough the the other cabin went unoccupied our entire 10 day stay. (and it was over MLK weekend too).

So moral of the story...don't be afraid to ask....and don't believe everything you read.
Yakamishi is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #34
BostonRob
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bostonish
Posts: 1,665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakamishi View Post
Opps, actually I meant 2007. But I digress...

Yeah, there are a few web sites (and books) that list them as "exclusive" but c'mon.....if you're a VIP are you really gonna stay in that small cabin? Or get a...I don't know...maybe a room at the POLY or GF? or WL, or AKL, or....well you get my point, right?

At any rate, we stayed there January 07 and the "VIP cabins" were just like the other cabins. Rates were the same. (Actually we used an AP rate at 169$ a night) All it was was a request for cabin 116 and we got it. Oddly enough the the other cabin went unoccupied our entire 10 day stay. (and it was over MLK weekend too).

So moral of the story...don't be afraid to ask....and don't believe everything you read.
No, it can't hurt to ask. But its been pretty well documented here and on other sites that those cabins are generally reserved for VIP's. You got lucky, good for you. But I'd say the fact that the other cabin WAS unoccupied for your entire stay is further evidence that hey are VIP cabins - they wanted to keep one open in case Tom and Katie showed up feeling rustic.
Why would a VIP stay in the cabins? I don't know, but I'd guess their privacy and isolation could be appealing to recognizable celebs.
__________________
Yeah clap your hands and stomp your feet and try to keep right with 'em. One sure thing the Bear Band's got is real old country rhythm.
BostonRob is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #35
Yakamishi
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11

Heh, I assure you....being surrounded by RV's of every shape and size....I wouldn't exactly call isolated.

Not trying to argue, I just find it unlikely that I "got lucky", or that a "VIP" would want to stay in a tiny 500 sq foot themed trailer when the best accommodations are right across the lagoon.

But hey...you got a couple of books and a few web sites that say that they are strictly reserved for Disney execs.

Me? An experience that says otherwise, that...and common sense.
Yakamishi is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #36
BostonRob
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bostonish
Posts: 1,665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakamishi View Post
Heh, I assure you....being surrounded by RV's of every shape and size....I wouldn't exactly call isolated.

Not trying to argue, I just find it unlikely that I "got lucky", or that a "VIP" would want to stay in a tiny 500 sq foot themed trailer when the best accommodations are right across the lagoon.

But hey...you got a couple of books and a few web sites that say that they are strictly reserved for Disney execs.

Me? An experience that says otherwise, that...and common sense.
Well you are arguing and you're misquoting me too. I said they were "generally" reserved for VIPs, not "strictly". I'm not discounting your experience; I believe that you stayed there. I've scoured these boards for info on the cabins because I plan on staying there next year. In all that searching, I found 2 or 3 posts from people saying they'd stayed in these VIP cabins. So, no, I'm not discounting your experience or the experience of others. But I'm using that experience and a little common sense of my own and believing that these cabins aren't generally assigned to the public. If they were, don't you think that in the past few years there'd be more than 3 or 4 people on these boards reporting about stays in the most desirable cabins?
__________________
Yeah clap your hands and stomp your feet and try to keep right with 'em. One sure thing the Bear Band's got is real old country rhythm.
BostonRob is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #37
parmtoo
Buzz & Woody's Gram
 
parmtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,069

If that's where I wanted to stay, I would ask. .......but I'd be happy in any cabin there, or campsite, or maybe even a tent! It's FW, and to me and my family, it's the best. Happy planning!
__________________
Robin
parmtoo is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #38
debraW76
DIS Veteran
 
debraW76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,791

We are staying in ft wilderness this october. Which loop or cabin should we request?

I've never stayed onsite before - would we have access to other pools (i.e. wilderness lodge) or only the ft wilderness pool?

Can my sons pitch a tent beside the cabin? They probably would not sleep in it - but just stay out there until it got dark.

any info or help would be appreciated. thanks!
debraW76 is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #39
lklasing
When being chased by a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.
 
lklasing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,533

Which loop or cabin should we request? Are you going to have a golf cart? If so, it really doesn't matter which loop or cabin you are in, as you will be able to easily take the cart to wherever you are going. If not, then you need to decide what is important to you - proximity to bus stops, the cabin pool, etc. Without a cart, you may also want to request a cabin close to the entrance to the loop as some of the loops are quite large and you could still have a pretty long walk once you get to the beginning of the loop.

I've never stayed onsite before - would we have access to other pools (i.e. wilderness lodge) or only the ft wilderness pool? Only the FW pools. There are 2 - the Meadows pool is roughly in the center of the campground near the trading post and the other is in the cabin loop area.

Can my sons pitch a tent beside the cabin? They probably would not sleep in it - but just stay out there until it got dark. I don't know for sure but I think I have read that this is not allowed.

Have a great trip! FW is such a fun place to be and the cabins are great. If you haven't yet, you'll want to familiarize yourself with a map of FW - I think there is one available through a link in one of the stickies.

Leslie
__________________
WDW Trips: Several as a child with parents and grandparents; June 2003-FW; May 2005-Poly GVC; May 2007-Poly GVC (trip report); May 2008-Fun at FW cabins (trip report); November 2008-Fun at the Fort-Thanksgiving Style (trip report); September 2009-Back to the Fort-Labor Day (trip report); March 2010-Spring Break-lots of pics and FPs (trip report); May 2011-BLT; March 2012 - FW Cabins; August 2012 - DCL Dream!
lklasing is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #40
debraW76
DIS Veteran
 
debraW76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,791

Thank you so much for your info. I am so excited about this trip. This will be the only time we will be able to stay in one cabin as we have a 2yr old and next year (when he is 3) we will exceed the occupancy limit. I got a good rate at $205 with my pin code and am hoping that the disney visa code will me more. (but that is a completely different thread).

I think we will request near the pools and drive everywhere else. We could possibly borrow my mom's golf cart but not sure if we can all fit (me, DH, DS, DD, DS, DS, and baby). I haven't reserved one and think that $40/day will completely blow our budget. Since we are driving we will use our car unless we are going somewhere within the campground or to MK. The kids have bikes so we may try to bring them down with us.

The tent is not a big deal (actually it is one less thing I will have to pack). I may call and ask just before we leave just in case.

Thanks again.
debraW76 is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #41
lklasing
When being chased by a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.
 
lklasing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,533

You'll have a great time. Depending on how big your kids are, y'all might be able to all fit on the GC. At one time we had 7 on but we were really pushing it. I'm sure we were a sight to see. If you can borrow your mom's, though, I think you will be glad to have it. Especially if you can get your kids' bikes there too - that way if the GC is too full, some could ride on the GC and some could bike, especially when you are going somewhere you can't drive your car to, like the Marina or other places within FW.

Have a great trip!
__________________
WDW Trips: Several as a child with parents and grandparents; June 2003-FW; May 2005-Poly GVC; May 2007-Poly GVC (trip report); May 2008-Fun at FW cabins (trip report); November 2008-Fun at the Fort-Thanksgiving Style (trip report); September 2009-Back to the Fort-Labor Day (trip report); March 2010-Spring Break-lots of pics and FPs (trip report); May 2011-BLT; March 2012 - FW Cabins; August 2012 - DCL Dream!
lklasing is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:04 AM   #42
JoanneNC
DIS Veteran
 
JoanneNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,480

How long of a walk is it from the cabins (assume furthest) to the marina?
15-20 mins?

Thanks
JoanneNC is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #43
RLccweems
DIS Veteran
 
RLccweems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 1,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklasing View Post
Which loop or cabin should we request? Are you going to have a golf cart? If so, it really doesn't matter which loop or cabin you are in, as you will be able to easily take the cart to wherever you are going. If not, then you need to decide what is important to you - proximity to bus stops, the cabin pool, etc. Without a cart, you may also want to request a cabin close to the entrance to the loop as some of the loops are quite large and you could still have a pretty long walk once you get to the beginning of the loop.

I've never stayed onsite before - would we have access to other pools (i.e. wilderness lodge) or only the ft wilderness pool? Only the FW pools. There are 2 - the Meadows pool is roughly in the center of the campground near the trading post and the other is in the cabin loop area.

Can my sons pitch a tent beside the cabin? They probably would not sleep in it - but just stay out there until it got dark. I don't know for sure but I think I have read that this is not allowed.

Have a great trip! FW is such a fun place to be and the cabins are great. If you haven't yet, you'll want to familiarize yourself with a map of FW - I think there is one available through a link in one of the stickies.

Leslie


I'm so glad I found this thread!! I was just talking about these cabins to my dh. He loved the idea and told me to check into them. What's the best rate anyone had ever gotten for them? We're looking at going June 27 2009...what sure I look for? I need help.....
__________________
RLccweems is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #44
arielfan
Mouseketeer
 
arielfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: To far from the Mouse..
Posts: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakamishi View Post
Opps, actually I meant 2007. But I digress...

Yeah, there are a few web sites (and books) that list them as "exclusive" but c'mon.....if you're a VIP are you really gonna stay in that small cabin? Or get a...I don't know...maybe a room at the POLY or GF? or WL, or AKL, or....well you get my point, right?

At any rate, we stayed there January 07 and the "VIP cabins" were just like the other cabins. Rates were the same. (Actually we used an AP rate at 169$ a night) All it was was a request for cabin 116 and we got it. Oddly enough the the other cabin went unoccupied our entire 10 day stay. (and it was over MLK weekend too).

So moral of the story...don't be afraid to ask....and don't believe everything you read.
Is it cabin 116 or 118 or 120 there has been a few different numbers out there and I want to make sure I request the right one.
__________________
ME DH DD15 ZOIE LILYLucasSebastian OLIVER
arielfan is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #45
Yakamishi
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11

We stayed in #118, I think the other was 116 but not 100% sure.

Good luck.
Yakamishi is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.