Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #361
disadventurer
DIS Veteran
 
disadventurer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
My parents slept on the Murphy bed and said it was really comfortable. DH and I were complaining about the double bed in the bedroom...we're use to a queen...and my parents said there nights were great!! Actually the double would have been fine if my husband had not tossed and turned all night! I told him next time we would sleep in separate beds

Heather
You're funny!! We stayed there as well. We were a family of 5 and the oldest had the double in the bedroom and the two siblings had the bunk. They had a blast. DH and I shared the Murphy bed. It was fun and an experience we won't forget. Our whole family was together in August for a fun time, and that says it all for me!

Did a split stay and needed two rooms at POFQ and the kids had one room and we had the other. Didn't care for the separation, and will not do that again.

P. S. They had the best towel animals I have seen to date for the kids (us)? Still have them in our bathroom at home!

It truly was a treasured experience!
__________________
disadventurer is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #362
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by disadventurer View Post
You're funny!! We stayed there as well. We were a family of 5 and the oldest had the double in the bedroom and the two siblings had the bunk. They had a blast. DH and I shared the Murphy bed. It was fun and an experience we won't forget. Our whole family was together in August for a fun time, and that says it all for me!

Did a split stay and needed two rooms at POFQ and the kids had one room and we had the other. Didn't care for the separation, and will not do that again.

P. S. They had the best towel animals I have seen to date for the kids (us)? Still have them in our bathroom at home!

It truly was a treasured experience!
I'm ready to go backto FW...NOW Our family really, really liked it. We've thought about trying POR or POFQ...but like you, would need 2 rooms. That 5th person certainly causes problems when booking a room at WDW
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #363
disadventurer
DIS Veteran
 
disadventurer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 672

Add to that the ability to rent a golf cart, and you've got gold! DH & I had it first thing in the morning, and the kids tried it later. We parked at the boat dock and it was waiting for us after a long day at the parks--good Old Faithful! Nice and shady there too--a break from the sun--just so peaceful!! We split at POFQ and although it was truly beautiful, there was a gap at the time.

Must say this time though the four of us will try YC. #5 lives in Alaska for the moment so we are free to hit that great pool.

Love the Fort though
__________________
disadventurer is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #364
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.
 
sharadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Limerick, PA
Posts: 6,426

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post
Well I just found the info on where the accessible cabins are . According to All Ears there are only 13 accessible ones and they are all on loop 2800 ( not the best location imo) .
I don't think that's true. We stayed in 2500 and there was definitely a few accessible cabins in there. That info may have been from before the last renovation.
__________________
DH (Mike) & Me (Sharon) DS Shawn (19,ASD) DD Lauren (13) Daisy



Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #365
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!
 
cinderella73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I don't think that's true. We stayed in 2500 and there was definitely a few accessible cabins in there. That info may have been from before the last renovation.
Oh I hope you are right. I might try calling to ask but the people that answer the calls know less than all the Dis'ers here! lol

Has anyone else who recieved a handicapped acces. room stayed in any loop other than than the 2800 one?

I got that info off of allears.net but hopefully like you said maybe its not updated.
__________________
Just a little Disney magic to share with you
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...89&postcount=1
cinderella73 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #366
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
My parents slept on the Murphy bed and said it was really comfortable. DH and I were complaining about the double bed in the bedroom...we're use to a queen...and my parents said there nights were great!! Actually the double would have been fine if my husband had not tossed and turned all night! I told him next time we would sleep in separate beds

Heather
Lol, thank you, Heather! Sounds like it'll work out fine for my parents as well then.

Yep, love the cabins, but so not looking forward to the cozy double beds. And DH is SURE gonna enjoy sleeping against the wall again!
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #367
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I don't think that's true. We stayed in 2500 and there was definitely a few accessible cabins in there. That info may have been from before the last renovation.
We were given an accessible cabin in 2500 loop and this was pre-renovation 07.
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #368
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Lol, thank you, Heather! Sounds like it'll work out fine for my parents as well then.

Yep, love the cabins, but so not looking forward to the cozy double beds. And DH is SURE gonna enjoy sleeping against the wall again!
Funny....against the wall! That would have been me! DH was sprawled out crossways! I felt like I had been beat with a bat the next morning However....I'll take one sleepness night at Disney any day!
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #369
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Funny....against the wall! That would have been me! DH was sprawled out crossways! I felt like I had been beat with a bat the next morning However....I'll take one sleepness night at Disney any day!
Amen!

The sprawling out sounds a lot like me! I have to sleep on the outside otherwise I feel like I can't breathe, but I like to hug all over him. So poor DH - who sleeps straight as a board - ends up hugging the wall.
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #370
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Amen!

The sprawling out sounds a lot like me! I have to sleep on the outside otherwise I feel like I can't breathe, but I like to hug all over him. So poor DH - who sleeps straight as a board - ends up hugging the wall.
Perhaps Disney should consider putting in a queen bed!! Certainly they could squeeze it in the bedroom Oh well...until then...we'll have to continue to sleep like sardines
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #371
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,178

Good Morning!

Thought all you FW lovers might like to see what was on the Disney Blog this morning...click on the link below. I love reading about WDW history...always amazes me at how Disney has evolved.


Fort Wilderness Campground Memory


Happy Tuesday to all of you!
Heather
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #372
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer
 
zuperdaave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning!

Thought all you FW lovers might like to see what was on the Disney Blog this morning...click on the link below. I love reading about WDW history...always amazes me at how Disney has evolved.


Fort Wilderness Campground Memory


Happy Tuesday to all of you!
Heather
That would be pretty cool to see...and convenient!
__________________
Dave


zuperdaave is offline  
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #373
princess fan
Earning My Ears
 
princess fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 54

Question about towel animals....

Hey Everyone,
Here is my question about towel animals.....is there any truth to the fact that if you tip the Mousekeeping staff then they will leave the animals? When we went a few years ago, we tipped them and they left the animals but we know that it could be different people cleaning the room each day.....what is the standard tip for a family of 5 per day?
__________________
Princess Fan

princess fan is offline  
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #374
disadventurer
DIS Veteran
 
disadventurer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 672

Hi. Our rule of thumb if $1/pp pd. I must say we had the best towel animals ever at the cabins. Not sure if tip had anything to do with it as we tip anyway. I still have the bunny with orange beads and yellow flowers in my bathroom from our trip. It's all about the details, right!

It sure is nice to have someone take your dirty cups that were in the sink and put them in the dishwasher for you. Room was immaculate!

Also, I just love the cabins for a party of 5. Many good memories for us there

Have fun with your family!
__________________
disadventurer is offline  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #375
princess fan
Earning My Ears
 
princess fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 54

Thanks!

That is what I figured. I believe that we tipped $1 pp per day because we were are POR last time and got fabulous towel animals.

Enjoy the day!
__________________
Princess Fan

princess fan is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.