Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #346
satorifound
They told me to keep coming back and I did!

I think all the sites near Pioneer Hall are tent or RV. We had a cabin and our number was pretty high.

Sacha, mommy to four wonderful children and wife to one awesome husband.
DL Disneyland Hotel 1980(ish), DL Disneyland Hotel 1987, DW (as an employee) 1989, DL La Quinta Inn January 2006, DL Park Place Inn March 2008, DW Fort Wilderness Cabins Nov. 2009, DL President's Day 2011, DW CSR Sept. '11, coming up... The Polynesian September 2012!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #347
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rie'smom View Post
Hi y'all! Are there any cabins near Pioneer Hall? If not, which cabin loop is closest to it, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satorifound View Post
I think all the sites near Pioneer Hall are tent or RV. We had a cabin and our number was pretty high.
I think you're correct...no cabins near Pioneer Hall. Here is a link below that explains all the loops, etc.

Fort Wilderness Loops

If you have a golf cart, nothing is really that far...or let me say...it didn't seem that far. Just don't get lost...I got completely turned around! Thank goodness DH was with me.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #348
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Thank-you for the information.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #349
campingcorgi
Will work for a chance to live at Fort Wilderness!!
Can feel the love

There are actually two cabins in the 100 loop-the loop closest to Pioneer Hall. However, though regular people have occasionally reported getting one of these prized jewels, the official word is that these cabins are reserved for VIP's.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #350
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

Do you know what time you can rent fishing equipment? My DD is going horse back riding with DH and my son would rather fish. Probably the cane fishing as he's only fished 2 or 3 times with his grandpa. I will go with him and hopefully not have to touch the bait. Also where are the fishing spots and rental poles located?
Thanks
Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #351
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora in blue View Post
Do you know what time you can rent fishing equipment? My DD is going horse back riding with DH and my son would rather fish. Probably the cane fishing as he's only fished 2 or 3 times with his grandpa. I will go with him and hopefully not have to touch the bait. Also where are the fishing spots and rental poles located?
Thanks
Hey there!

I copied this info from Allears.net...(great site)....

The Bike Barn (open 8 a.m.-6 p.m.) is located behind the Meadow Trading Post and rents bicycles, canoes, pedal boats, kayaks, and equipment for fishing and tennis. Life vests (provided) must be worn by all guests while in the boats. Gear for shuffleboard is complimentary to guests with valid FW resort IDs. The phone number is (407) 824-2742. Note: Surrey bikes may be rented at the Fort Wilderness marina. The Electric (Golf) Carts are for rent at The Outpost.

Fishing in canals (free) or chartered largemouth bass fishing excursions on Bay Lake, which include a professional guide, refreshments (soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate & water), fishing gear and a dozen shiners. See our Fishing Excursions page. You may also fish in the many canals running through Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. You can also rent Casting Rod Fishing for $6 per 1/2 hour or $12.50 per day. You can purchase Worms or Wrigglers for $5 per package and Nightcrawlers for $6 per package.

Hope this helps! You are going to have a wonderful time at FW...we loved it!!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #352
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

All Aboard Fort Wilderness Railroad for a Trip Down Memory Lane at Walt Disney World

Story and more photos:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29
Old 07-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #353
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

I love it!!!! Too bad they took it out...I'm sure it was just a big expense that wasn't utilized that much. How do you find these neat stories??!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #354
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I love it!!!! Too bad they took it out...I'm sure it was just a big expense that wasn't utilized that much. How do you find these neat stories??!

Heather
Did you ever ride on it? I didn't start visiting WDW annually until 1996 (once in the 80's).

I subscribe to the Disney Parks Blog so I get their lovely email every morning. You can go here and click-on the orange bar at the top/right and choose EMAIL to receive the updates
Old 07-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #355
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Did you ever ride on it? I didn't start visiting WDW annually until 1996 (once in the 80's).

I subscribe to the Disney Parks Blog so I get their lovely email every morning. You can go here and click-on the orange bar at the top/right and choose EMAIL to receive the updates
Never rode it...and honestly, up until recently, I didn't realize that the train ever existed. My first trip to WDW was the early 80s.

Well...guess I'm going to have to subscribe to the Disney Blog...just one more thing to read about Disney!!!

Edited: THANKS for the link! Just scanned over it...certainly something I'll be interested in.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 07-07-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #356
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

Does anyone have a map that lists off all the numbers of the cabins ( not just the loop numbers) ? Some of the loops are pretty big and I want to be near a entrance but not sure how to request that. .

If anyone has something that lists off more than just the number of the loop , and breaks it down by cabin that would be so helpful.

BTW are there any handicapped cabins anywhere other than the 2700 and 2800 loops ? And are the 2700 and 2800 loops ALL handicapped or just some of them? Thanks!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #357
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post
Does anyone have a map that lists off all the numbers of the cabins ( not just the loop numbers) ? Some of the loops are pretty big and I want to be near a entrance but not sure how to request that. .

If anyone has something that lists off more than just the number of the loop , and breaks it down by cabin that would be so helpful.

BTW are there any handicapped cabins anywhere other than the 2700 and 2800 loops ? And are the 2700 and 2800 loops ALL handicapped or just some of them? Thanks!
I was just about to ask which loops the accessible cabins were in!! Looks like we're making an extended trip in October for my Step Daughter's birthday, and we LOVE the cabins!!! This is the first time needing an accessible one tho.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #358
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
I was just about to ask which loops the accessible cabins were in!! Looks like we're making an extended trip in October for my Step Daughter's birthday, and we LOVE the cabins!!! This is the first time needing an accessible one tho.
Well I just found the info on where the accessible cabins are . According to All Ears there are only 13 accessible ones and they are all on loop 2800 ( not the best location imo) .
Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #359
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Can anyone who's slept on the Murphy bed recently tell me if they're comfortable or not? I can't remember.

I know that the double beds were fine for DH and I, but unsure about the Murphy.

Tia

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Old 07-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #360
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

My parents slept on the Murphy bed and said it was really comfortable. DH and I were complaining about the double bed in the bedroom...we're use to a queen...and my parents said there nights were great!! Actually the double would have been fine if my husband had not tossed and turned all night! I told him next time we would sleep in separate beds

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: