Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #301
princess fan
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

That is great advice. We were seeing that you could get it cheaper elsewhere but cheaper is not always better...nor more convenient. Thanks, this will help me to make our decision!

Have a nice day!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #302
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess fan View Post
Heather, did you get your golf cart from Disney or did you through TeeTime Golf Cart Rental (Kenny). Which did you choose and why? We are just trying to make our decision. Great TR.....very informative! Looks like you had a great time!
Monique
Thanks! It's been fun doing another TR...kinda like reliving the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffney09 View Post
I know I'm not Heather, but I thought I'd offer my two cents
I've stayed at The Cabins twice now, and both times we just rented golf carts from Disney. It was just more convenient to go up to the check in desk and rent your cart for the week, then walk outside and get in it and go! It seemed like the majority of people did this. I saw very few carts from the other golf cart rental places while we were there. But I would definitely recommend getting a golf cart, wherever you choose to get it from. We had a blast riding around the campground. We went at Christmas, so at night we would drive around and look at all the campgrounds that were decorated for Christmas! They were amazing!! But anyway, the golf cart will make your stay at Fort Wilderness much more pleasant instead of waiting on a bus to get around the grounds! Hope you have a fun trip!
I agree with your info 100%! Especially the part about making your stay more pleasant My husband did pull up this site last night.... (click on the link) Golf Cart Rentals
I have no idea how convenient it would be or anything like that, but it does appear to be cheaper. He said that the next time we go to FW, he will at least check it out.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #303
princess fan
Earning My Ears

Thanks

I will check that out......oh soooooo much to do and so little time to do it!....but it is all good!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #304
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will check that out......oh soooooo much to do and so little time to do it!....but it is all good!
Be careful....time will slip up on you before ya know it!! 2 months isn't too far off!

Happy Planning! Let us know if you find out any details about other golf cart rentals...I'm interested to know for future reference.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #305
princess fan
Earning My Ears

I know.....!

I know that it will certainly be here before we know it. I have 3 weeks left before my summer holidays start so then I will have more time to spend on it.

I will let you know if I find out more about other carts.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #306
Shmaxlia1234
Earning My Ears

I'm very new to this board and since we are hoping to get back to WDW sometime in 2012 I thought I'd get on here.

Our family of 3 adults and 3 kids stayed at the Cabins in 2006 and we had the best experience! The kids still talk about it and Grandma (the 3rd adult) had a great time too. She passed away 2 years later and we never regretted taking her to experience Disney. The cabin was very roomy and perfect for how we vacation.

We're thinking of staying at the cabins again but with the price increase for 2012 it's almost getting more than we can afford. We're from Ontario and we don't really want to go in summer b/c of the heat. But going any other time than the value season scares me a little.

Are the summers something I should be scared of - we'd be going right at the end of August and beginning of September?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #307
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmaxlia1234 View Post
I'm very new to this board and since we are hoping to get back to WDW sometime in 2012 I thought I'd get on here.

Our family of 3 adults and 3 kids stayed at the Cabins in 2006 and we had the best experience! The kids still talk about it and Grandma (the 3rd adult) had a great time too. She passed away 2 years later and we never regretted taking her to experience Disney. The cabin was very roomy and perfect for how we vacation.

We're thinking of staying at the cabins again but with the price increase for 2012 it's almost getting more than we can afford. We're from Ontario and we don't really want to go in summer b/c of the heat. But going any other time than the value season scares me a little.

Are the summers something I should be scared of - we'd be going right at the end of August and beginning of September?
This is a great place to find out anything and everything about Disney!!! I love the Dis...great people, great info!

I will be completely honest and say...YES...the summers are HOT I'm from the deep south and it's hot for me. Now...that being said...I think WDW can be fine during August if you do things in the morning and at evening/night. It usually rains in the afternoons and cools things off a bit, too. If we could go during the value season/August...we most definitely would go...we can't because we're already back in school. You could spend the afternoons relaxing by the pool or cruise around in a golf cart...as you know...it's very shaded at FW, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

Good luck deciding...if you click on my trip report link below, you will see pictures of FW, etc. We really liked it!!

Happy Planning!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #308
Shmaxlia1234
Earning My Ears

Thank you for replying. Ontario gets very hot & humid too which is why it concerns me a bit...I get very cranky in the heat

OTOH, our kids haven't gone back to school yet, the cost will be less to go during value season and there is such a thing as air-conditioning. I'm a little out of sorts, I suppose.

I noticed you are from Savannah. We will be driving down and want to spend a night or two in that area (I've always wanted to visit there). I think it was the Fort MacAllister State Park where I thought we could stay overnight.

Anyway...thanks again and I will have to give it some more thought.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #309
princess fan
Earning My Ears

We're from Ontario as well...

...we are from Ontario as well and have chosen to go the end of August because the kids are not back in school AND because of the free dining. I know that it will be hot but with the free dining, it makes it do-able for our family of 5.

Good luck choosing!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #310
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmaxlia1234 View Post
Thank you for replying. Ontario gets very hot & humid too which is why it concerns me a bit...I get very cranky in the heat

OTOH, our kids haven't gone back to school yet, the cost will be less to go during value season and there is such a thing as air-conditioning. I'm a little out of sorts, I suppose.

I noticed you are from Savannah. We will be driving down and want to spend a night or two in that area (I've always wanted to visit there). I think it was the Fort MacAllister State Park where I thought we could stay overnight.

Anyway...thanks again and I will have to give it some more thought.
Again...if we could go during Valuse Season, we would...you can save money on resorts AND Disney usually offers deals during these times. It will be hot...but you can do it.

We live right outside of Savannah, yes...and Ft. McAllister is in Richmond Hill which is basically south of Savannah...about a 30 minute drive in. My husband says that the state park is right on the water(marsh area)...so bring insect repellant We have horrible sand gnats down here. Too bad you won't have more time in Savannah...it's a beautiful city...lots of great history.

Maybe you will run into Princess Fan while at FW...looks like y'all may be there at the same time!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #311
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Heather, did you get your golf cart from Disney or did you through TeeTime Golf Cart Rental (Kenny). Which did you choose and why? We are just trying to make our decision. Great TR.....very informative! Looks like you had a great time!
Monique
We rented from Kenny (Tee-Time) when we went back in Feb 2010. It was very convenient and considerably less $$ than Disney.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #312
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuperdaave View Post
We rented from Kenny (Tee-Time) when we went back in Feb 2010. It was very convenient and considerably less $$ than Disney.
Someone else mentioned him, too. Do they deliver right there to FW?

Thanks!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #313
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning to all you FW lovers!

I've finished my TR post about the Fort Wilderness Resort...here's a direct link to the actual FW Review....that way you don't have to scroll through and read all the other stuff

Fort Wilderness Review and Pictures

This is such a great place to visit! I'm really rather shocked that you don't hear more about it on the DisBoards Maybe the folks that stay there aren't members on the Dis...who knows?!

I was hoping for a long weekend trip back to FW in the near future Thought about staying there for the Princess Half, but it's not a host resort, sooooo....that's out of the question. Oh well....

Happy Planning to all of you!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #314
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Someone else mentioned him, too. Do they deliver right there to FW?

Thanks!
Heather
Back when we went (Feb-2010), yes, he delivered the cart to the overflow parking lot. We arranged a time to meet via phone in advance.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #315
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Zuperdaave, for the golf cart info!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: