Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #271
North7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57 View Post
and you guys seem as nice and as knowledgeable as my buddies on the DCL board.......

anyhow, when we travel to WDW (next year) we will have 4 adults...one 7 yrd old and 1 infink..

will we FIT in the cabins....don't need a lot of space except sleeping, really,but need to fit clothes and luggage.....not much discussion over storage space here that I've seen...

AND: suppose we add another adult?

remember, we just had a week in a ship stateroom where there isn't much space so we don't need to lay about the room..we'll be busy in the parks or on horses or whatever...........
You'll fit but it will be close quarters, especially if you add the 5th adult. There is a Pack n Play in the cabin for the infant to sleep in, if required. One issue is going to be storage for your clothes but it is doable. Some may have to just use their luggage as storage. The biggest issue (especially if the 5th adult comes) will probably be the single bathroom. I would suggest requesting one of the first 5 cabins in the the 2100 loop and you would then have easy access to the comfort station nearby in the 1100 loop.

There is a path from the 2100 loop to the comfort station and having access to it will certainly speed things up in the morning when everyone is trying to get ready for the day.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #272
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvWDWx5 View Post
I have had groceries delivered several times to the cabins, and both times, everything was waiting for us in the cabin when we arrived. Someone even put the cold items in the refrigerator. We were scheduled to arrive in the afternoon, so we were lucky that our cabin had been assigned when the person delivering the groceries arrived. It was so easy and convenient.
Thank you for your help!!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #273
wcw57
DIS Veteran

RE: grocery delivery------

what about a tip for the delivery people?

newbie question.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #274
txblondie99
Earning My Ears

We have our booked trip in 179 days... yay!! Some great tips on here so subscribing!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #275
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I've been looking at videos and photos of the cabins, and I can't seem to figure out where the dressers are. Where do you put all your clothes?

Also, am I correct that FTW doesn't have a health club? Can cabin guests use the Sturdy Branches at WL?

For anyone who has stayed in a cabin in the past year or so, how would you rate the cleanliness and overall condition and how are the mattresses and bedding?

TIA
Old 04-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #276
pnyltwk
Mouseketeer

Stayed there last month for 5 days

There is a small closet and dresser in the bedroom. There are cabinets in the bathroom, kitchen and living room. That is about it as far as places to put clothing. We just kept our clothes in our suit cases while we were there. Not optimal but it worked for our family.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #277
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyltwk View Post
There is a small closet and dresser in the bedroom. There are cabinets in the bathroom, kitchen and living room. That is about it as far as places to put clothing. We just kept our clothes in our suit cases while we were there. Not optimal but it worked for our family.
Thank you for the info. on the dresser.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #278
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I read somewhere on the boards that the carts all have the same key (a universal key). Maybe that was mentioned in jest. Anyway, I assume you're assigned a particular golf cart when you rent them and there is no risk of someone else taking off with your cart, is that right? I'm thinking of the stroller situation at the parks where sometimes someone can't find theirs, so they just take another.

Good question ! Anyone know ? For example, say you go to the MNSSHP on the boat and come back late would your cart still be there ? Is it okay to leave it so long ?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #279
wcw57
DIS Veteran

nobody cares about tipping the poor delivery guy, huh?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #280
pnyltwk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post
Good question ! Anyone know ? For example, say you go to the MNSSHP on the boat and come back late would your cart still be there ? Is it okay to leave it so long ?
Our cart number tag and key numer tag matched. Is the key universal? I don't know.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #281
North7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57 View Post
nobody cares about tipping the poor delivery guy, huh?
I have never used the grocery service, but I have read numerous posts where people either have arrived at their cabin and their delivery was already inside or they've been away when the delivery occurred and the groceries were inside.

Based on these reports, I'm guessing you would have to include the tip when placing your order to have a better chance of ensuring the delivery guy received a tip.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #282
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Just got back from our FW/CR vacation! Was great!!! I have started a trip report with tons of pictures from the pool, Chip n Dale sing-a-long, HDDR, MBYBBQ, and scenery from the campgrounds. Fort Wilderness is just beautiful...very peaceful and a nice get away from all the hustle and bustle of the parks. The golf cart was really nice to have, also...kids loved it!!! I have very positive things to say about FW...not too many negatives...everything will be in the TR.

Happy travels!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #283
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Just got back from our FW/CR vacation! Was great!!! I have started a trip report with tons of pictures from the pool, Chip n Dale sing-a-long, HDDR, MBYBBQ, and scenery from the campgrounds. Fort Wilderness is just beautiful...very peaceful and a nice get away from all the hustle and bustle of the parks. The golf cart was really nice to have, also...kids loved it!!! I have very positive things to say about FW...not too many negatives...everything will be in the TR.

Happy travels!
Heather
Heather, you've awakened a dead thread. Can't wait to hear about the room cleanliness/condition & mattress quality that I was wondering about way back in April
Old 06-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #284
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Heather, you've awakened a dead thread. Can't wait to hear about the room cleanliness/condition & mattress quality that I was wondering about way back in April
Stay tuned...you'll find out

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #285
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Happy travels!
Heather
Yippee!! I'm joining your trip report!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: