Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #226
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjct1 View Post
I thought I read someplace that there was an offsite place you could rent golf carts from for use at FW? Anyone have the details?
Yes, it is Tee Time Golf Cart Rentals -- owner's name is Kenny. I am quite sure there is contact information on one of the camping main pages. We used him on our last trip in Feb and were very pleased...

Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #227
RFrank9504
DIS Veteran

Fire Pits?

We are booked in Jan for a cabin 1st time "camping experience" can I bring my outdoor fireplace for our patio? I see that the camp site have fire pits in the ground, but nothing said about outdoor patio fireplaces. thanx

Palm Beacher
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #228
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Hey I will be there at the end of Jan ! First timers for the Cabins and first time for my son to disney at all.

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
Old 10-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #229
RFrank9504
DIS Veteran

what week? we are 1/17-1/21

Palm Beacher
Old 10-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #230
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrank9504 View Post
We are booked in Jan for a cabin 1st time "camping experience" can I bring my outdoor fireplace for our patio? I see that the camp site have fire pits in the ground, but nothing said about outdoor patio fireplaces. thanx
I heard campfires for the "camp sites" were once prohibited, however, fully contained fire pit units with mesh tops are now allowed.

As far as the cabin sites, not sure where you would put it. The patio/decking is wood so that may pose a fire hazard.

You may want to post this question over on the Camping Board.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #231
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

We'll be there in 4 days...just upgraded from ASSports to a cabin and am reallllly looking forward to the extra space. This board is wonderful. I don't have time now to read all 16 pages, but I hope to get through them all before we leave on Monday!
Aug. 2012 - Saratoga Springs
March 2013 - Pop Century
July 2013 - DCL - Wonder to Alaska
February 2014 - runDisney marathon weekend
July 2014 - Saratoga Springs
October 2014 - runDisney ToT!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #232
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuperdaave View Post
Yes, it is Tee Time Golf Cart Rentals -- owner's name is Kenny. I am quite sure there is contact information on one of the camping main pages. We used him on our last trip in Feb and were very pleased...
Would renting from Kenny be the same as renting from WDW? I assume the cost would be less...but can we still use the same parking spots, plug ins, etc.?

Also, this board says carts are $45/day, but I just called and it says $59/day. Does anyone know if there are weekly or multiple day rates?

Thanks!
March 2013 - Pop Century
Old 10-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #233
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyLaPerle View Post
Would renting from Kenny be the same as renting from WDW? I assume the cost would be less...but can we still use the same parking spots, plug ins, etc.?

Also, this board says carts are $45/day, but I just called and it says $59/day. Does anyone know if there are weekly or multiple day rates?

Thanks!
I don't remembeer the specifics (we went in Feb), but Kenny was substantially cheaper than Disney. $59 sounds right for renting from Disney and I do not believe they give you a discount for longer periods. Kenny was somewhere in the neighborhood (again, I don't remember specifically) of $35-$40, and I know he does give a discount for a longer stay (or at least he did in Feb). The cart was a lot of fun for the kids. As others have said, certainly not a necessity, but a lot of fun! Have a great time...

Old 10-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #234
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

another golf cart question

I've read in other posts that it can take, depending on which loop we are in, up to 20 minutes for the internal bus to get to the external bus stop or boat launch. If we have a golf cart for the length of our stay, can we drive it directly to the boat launch or bus stop and park it there for the day? I'm a bit confused about how the internal transportation works. Do we drive our golf cart from our cabin only to the internal bus stop?

Thanks!!!
March 2013 - Pop Century
Old 10-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #235
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:

Thanks!

Only the same in its usage around the resort. Renting from Disney is more convenient while renting from Kenny is cheaper. When I say convenient, example; if your cart breaks down or battery goes bad you take it back right at resort. This happened to us and it was nice to return/exchange asap. All cart parking spaces and charging stations (inc trafiic rules) apply regardless if you rent from Disney, off-site, or bring your own.

The price has gone up since this thread was started in 08. I don't believe Disney gives weekly rates. You pay per day.

Quote:
I've read in other posts that it can take, depending on which loop we are in, up to 20 minutes for the internal bus to get to the external bus stop or boat launch. If we have a golf cart for the length of our stay, can we drive it directly to the boat launch or bus stop and park it there for the day? I'm a bit confused about how the internal transportation works. Do we drive our golf cart from our cabin only to the internal bus stop?

Thanks!!!
If you have a golf cart you don't have to use the internal transportation whatsoever. You can drive and park near the external bus launch, marina, pools, laundry, stores, etc...but cannot drive the cart off the resort premises. While the spaces near the buses are fairly close, the ones near marina require a walk to the boat launch. Hope I've been able to answer your questions.

Last edited by Lehuaann; 10-29-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #236
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrank9504 View Post
what week? we are 1/17-1/21
We will be there Jan 29 until our cruise leaves Feb 3 !

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #237
thunderbug548
DIS Veteran

Few questions....

We'll be staying for only one night, this Saturday, for not only my birthday but as a last hurrah as our passes are expiring the same day. After reading/skimming this thread it looks like we want to request 2100/2200 loops. If we don't want to wait for a bus to take us to Trail's End for breakfast on Sunday morning, how long would it take to walk? How far is it to the main pool/kid's area?

We'll be coming from DHS, checking in and probably head over to MK after. We'll have our own car so should we jump on the boat or just drive over? FWIW we'll have 2, 5 and 8yr old kids, two of which may fall asleep in a double stroller on the way back. I'm guessing we can't just wheel a stroller onto the boat, right?

After check out Sunday we may want to explore a bit. We'll be busy all day Sat. at the parks so this will be our only chance. I'm guessing we can't leave our car at the cabin so can we just park up front for a few hours? Can we use the pool and change in the Comfort Stations?

Are there 2 tvs and a dvd player in the cabins? I'm getting mixed info on the web.
Ds Ian 5/05
DD Bella 3/08

~CSR Nov 2006, Poly Feb 2007, POFQ Sept 2007
Old 02-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #238
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Glad I found this thread...we are staying there for a couple of nights before our CR stay. I'm anxious to see how our family likes it.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 02-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #239
pooh4me
DIS Veteran

From the 2100 loop to the Meadows pool it is about 1/4 mile to the cabin wilderness pool about the same. If you walk to Trails End Buffet or the boat dock it is .95 of a mile. You can get a internal bus right near the entrance to 2100 that will take you to the Settlement, boat dock and Meadows pool and trading post or go the other way to The Outpost and the park buses and the cabin pool.

If you have a golf cart you can park at the Meadows,cabin pool,Outpost or boat dock.All cart parking spots are close.

You do not need to fold up your stroller on the big boat from Magic Kingdom.

The cabin has two TVs. Only the one in the living room has a DVD player.

Yes you can leave your car at the overflo lot at the Outpost.

You can find more info on the Camping forum.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #240
thunderbug548
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4me View Post
From the 2100 loop to the Meadows pool it is about 1/4 mile to the cabin wilderness pool about the same. If you walk to Trails End Buffet or the boat dock it is .95 of a mile. You can get a internal bus right near the entrance to 2100 that will take you to the Settlement, boat dock and Meadows pool and trading post or go the other way to The Outpost and the park buses and the cabin pool.

If you have a golf cart you can park at the Meadows,cabin pool,Outpost or boat dock.All cart parking spots are close.

You do not need to fold up your stroller on the big boat from Magic Kingdom.

The cabin has two TVs. Only the one in the living room has a DVD player.

Yes you can leave your car at the overflo lot at the Outpost.

You can find more info on the Camping forum.
Thank you! When you say the big boat from MK do you mean the ferry? I'm talking about the boats that run from the campgrounds (or at least I think they do) to MK.

We won't have a golf cart for the one night.
Ds Ian 5/05
DD Bella 3/08

~CSR Nov 2006, Poly Feb 2007, POFQ Sept 2007
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: