Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #46
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Can someone tell me how to change the title of my thread?? I have no idea how to do that?? Thanks...
Old 11-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #47
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Misty was our photographer and that photo is hers. Our wedding was prior to you not being allowed to have outside photographers for in park events. Misty was great but I would not pass up the chance to have a DP just because you have to use a Disney Photographer. I know some brides are thinking about this. Yes the photos of the DP are important to us but having the DP was more important. If you event is outside the park - maybe have an outside photographer for that portion and then have a Disney photographer for the DP.

I cannot help you with changing your title but I am sure someone will be along soon to assist you.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #48
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Thanks Linda!! I guess that is probably what we will do...we really want to have Misty do our wedding, and then we will just use a Disney photographer for the DP.....or just have our friend who is a photographer who is in the wedding just take some shots with her camera.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #49
honey2741
DIS Veteran

You can edit your title by clicking on the button "edit." Then click on the "advanced" button and you can change your title there. It took me forever to figure this out awhile ago.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #50
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited to see that you're back. It was so great to meet you and Jake when you were up in Michigan

How exciting that you were able to meet with your planner again. I agree with Linda, don't forego your DP just because of the photographer. The package Disney offers for the DP only seems pretty reasonable and you can't pass up fireworks shots on your wedding day!

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:28 AM   #51
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you're posting again Maure! How exciting that you got to meet with your planner again and so cool that the ballroom at the Grand will work for you now! I love Misty's work so I'm excited you're going with her too! Congrats on everything!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #52
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Just as an FYI - which I am sure you know - fireworks photos are really difficult to get. We had to stand perfectly still during most of IllumiNations for Misty to get her shots. Depending on the type of camera your friend has - I am not sure how the photos will turn out. You might want to go with the Disney photographer - since they shoot fireworks - hopefully they will know the best way to do it. Not saying anything against your friend - but sometimes when you use a friend - you might not be happy with the results.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #53
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I just found your PJ. I grew up in Erie I just recently moved closer to Pittsburgh. My parents still live in Erie. I can not wait to hear more about your plans. Congratulations on the Baby!
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #54
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey2741 View Post
You can edit your title by clicking on the button "edit." Then click on the "advanced" button and you can change your title there. It took me forever to figure this out awhile ago.
Thank you so much for this information!!! I haven been wondering this for awhile!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I'm so excited to see that you're back. It was so great to meet you and Jake when you were up in Michigan

How exciting that you were able to meet with your planner again. I agree with Linda, don't forego your DP just because of the photographer. The package Disney offers for the DP only seems pretty reasonable and you can't pass up fireworks shots on your wedding day!
I was just thinking about Frankenmuth the other day, it was so fun meeting you guys!! We will definitely have to do it again soon! I agree, we really need fireworks shots on our wedding day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynesianbride View Post
I'm so glad you're posting again Maure! How exciting that you got to meet with your planner again and so cool that the ballroom at the Grand will work for you now! I love Misty's work so I'm excited you're going with her too! Congrats on everything!
Thanks Adelia!! We are excited about the Grand too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Just as an FYI - which I am sure you know - fireworks photos are really difficult to get. We had to stand perfectly still during most of IllumiNations for Misty to get her shots. Depending on the type of camera your friend has - I am not sure how the photos will turn out. You might want to go with the Disney photographer - since they shoot fireworks - hopefully they will know the best way to do it. Not saying anything against your friend - but sometimes when you use a friend - you might not be happy with the results.

Linda
I totally agree with you. I think we will end up going with the Disney photographer. I know she has a really fancy camera, but I am not sure how it would do with fireworks shots. Plus, since she is in the wedding, I don't want her to miss out on everything cause she is too busy taking our picture!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
I just found your PJ. I grew up in Erie I just recently moved closer to Pittsburgh. My parents still live in Erie. I can not wait to hear more about your plans. Congratulations on the Baby!
Ann-so glad you found my PJ!! That is so cool you grew up in Erie. I will definitely keep the plans coming!!

Last edited by Flurbee; 02-09-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Flurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:11 AM   #55
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Hi Maure! Just checking in and wondering how plans are going? Hope all is well!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #56
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

I'm baaack....again!!!

Hello hello!!! I cannot believe it has been so dang long since I have posted anything on this pj!!! If I didn't lose any followers before, I am sure they are all gone now!!! I am sorry I haven't been on here in so long....it had been so long, I had to read through the entire report to see what I had said!

Well, many things have happened since I last posted, the biggest being that I had TWINS!! It was totally a surprise when we had the first sonogram and the girl told us there were 2 in there... I actually thought that she was kidding, and when I realized she wasn't I almost flew off the table!! So, anyways, we had a boy and a girl....Avery Jewel and Alexander Brooks were born on June 14 2010. Needless to say, I have been pretty busy since then!!!

I promise I will post pics of them soon, as soon as I remember (or someone reminds me how to do that!)

About the wedding....I really need to change my ticker, cause that is way off! I am determined that come hell or high water we are going to do this DFTW one way or another!! We were still good to go with the same plans, except we were going to switch from June to December, cause DH likes Disney in December. Well, it was almost time to sign the contract, and my dad ends up telling me that he doesn't think he is going to be able to afford it, and doesn't want me to sign anything if he is not sure he will have the $ when the time comes.... I totally understand where he was coming from, but just kind of upset that AGAIN we are having to postpone this thing!

So, I started looking into Escape weddings, as a cheaper option then the wishes. I was thinking that I could make that work, but did not like the fact that they don't budge on the amount of people you can have. It's 18 and thats it!! I ended up having a phone consultation with Michelle and she basically told me that after I added on the reception, and all the other things I wanted, that it was going to come close to the cost of a wishes wedding with way more limitations!! Then, I started thinking about a DCL wedding....I had never thought I would want to do this before, so I automatically just forgot about it, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea....I had remembered reading Lisa's TR, and I am friends with her on FB so I sent her an email with some questions, and am thinking that this is really what we want to do!!

There are 3 times that we could do it, cause one of my best friends, who is in the wedding, is a teacher. So,she can do it the week between xmas and New Years, spring break or summer. We are looking at 2013 and I am really excited about going on the Disney Dream!! Just trying to figure out which of those times would be the cheapest to sail....I really think this will be better for us in the end. I really had wanted the big FTW, but now that we have the babies, I think a smaller ceremony with friends and family is all we need. It will technically be for our 5 year anniversary. It will be nice too, cause DD and DS can be the flower girl and ring bearer. Plus having dinner with friends and family every night on the cruise is like having 3 receptions!! So, this is where we are at now....It is getting late now, but I will try and remember how to post pics on here tomorrow!! Night all...hope somebody is still reading this!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #57
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Woohoo, I love reading about DCL weddings!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #58
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Yay!!! A follower!!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #59
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

Hi- I am an elementary school principal and understand you not wanting to have your friend who is a teacher need to take off. The times we are out of school are always peak times for Disney. I opted to get married on a 3 night cruise in November because it was less expensive for all of my guests and after hurricane season was over. I could do it with only taking off a Thursday and Friday. Just something to think about... We are going to wait and do our honeymoon over Spring Break.

Congrats on twins! I am sure you are always busy!! Do you want to get married on the ship or on Castaway Cay?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #60
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust1969 View Post
Hi- I am an elementary school principal and understand you not wanting to have your friend who is a teacher need to take off. The times we are out of school are always peak times for Disney. I opted to get married on a 3 night cruise in November because it was less expensive for all of my guests and after hurricane season was over. I could do it with only taking off a Thursday and Friday. Just something to think about... We are going to wait and do our honeymoon over Spring Break.

Congrats on twins! I am sure you are always busy!! Do you want to get married on the ship or on Castaway Cay?
Yeah, that's the problem about those times!!! They are always more expensive cause all the kids are out of school. I will have to look into that more and see what she could actually get off...I seem to remember she only gets 2 personal days, so I don't know if she would want to use those for the wedding, and I don't want to assume that she would use them for me!! Although if it was a weekend, it might work....hmmm...something to think about....Thanks for the congrats!! I am pretty busy, although they are really good babies, and I am very blessed! I would like to get married on Castaway Cay, I think it is so pretty....the only thing is I would also like to have a sand ceremony and I think that is more likely to happen if we were doing the VR on the ship....just from reading others PJs....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: