Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #31
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Aww I am sorry you had to postpone your wedding but at least it will still happen. I am sure the time will fly by and it will be really wonderful to have your son or daughter in it!!!!! I think that will be so much better for you all. I will follow along with you PJ no matter how long it takes.

Also, I really want to hear about your pregnancy!!!!!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #32
disneychickforever
Queen of Disney Elephants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurbee View Post
I am feeling pretty good...I actually am out of town right now, but had to post my update since I haven't been on in so long. Let me know what you think.
I think that it'll work out great. It'll be awesome to have your little son or daughter in the wedding! Please keep us posted though with the wedding and the pregnancy! I definitely want to hear more .
A few offsite stays to which dates can't be remembered
Summer 1994-All Star Sports *Summer 1995-All Star Sports*Summer 1996-All Star Music*Summer 1997- All Star Music*May 2000-Day trip to Epcot*Summer 2001-POFQ
November 2005-All Star Music (I was in the Candlelight Processional)*November 16-19 2006-All Star Music (Happy 18th Birthday To Me)
August 10-13 2007 - Pop Century (for Fall 07 CP check in, had to leave early)*September 26-28 2008-Gaylord Palms (offsite) (closing of PI)
March 7th 2009-Day trip to DHS*Fall 2009 Merch CP August 19th 2009-January 8th 2010
disneychickforever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #33
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Congratulations Maure'....I am happy for you!

Sorry you have to postpone, but it will be worth it!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #34
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you have to postpone it, but in the long run at least you're still getting your DFTW Looking forward to hearing your plans as they come together. I know I only had a year and looking back, I wish that I would've had more time, so you're really lucky in that respect. Plus, it will be so exciting to get your own place

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #35
Mama of Indybride
Farmboy, fetch me that pitcher.....

I followed you over here from Toni's PJ...

This next few months will fly by, and the next few months after that with your sweet little baby will fly by.

And you will have all of those sweet little ones at your wedding and in your wedding pics forever!

plus the advantage of moving of FIL prop!

I will subscribe and share your journey to VR with you!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Hello all.....I am finally back and posting on my thread!!! I know it has been a really long time and I just want to first of all say how sorry I am to not have been on here in so long.

Unfortunately we did end up losing the baby at the end of September. It took me a really long time to come to terms with this and feel a little bit better and I just couldn't bring myself to type it out on here. But, I am definitely feeling alot better now, and have realized that everything is in God's plan and His timing. I also believe that our little one is in heaven and we will be reunited one day.

So, we are still going ahead with the plans for the wedding in June of 2011. I am still really excited!! I know I have been a real slacker at updating this PJ, but I plan to really get on track now. I just hope all of my loyal followers have not dropped off and given up on me....

More to come!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #37
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry that you ended up losing the baby; I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you

I am looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans though as things continue to unfold

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #38
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I'm so sorry that you ended up losing the baby; I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you

I am looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans though as things continue to unfold
Yay!!! Someone posted on my thread!! I thought I had lost all of my followers... Thank you for your kind words....it was really hard, but I have realized that things happen in Gods timing, so I have found some peace with that. I promise I am going to post my wedding plans, at least what I have so far, very soon....Sorry I have been such a slacker at this....Hopefully you are not the only one who follows my PJ....hahaha
Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #39
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Again, I am so sorry you lost your baby but I am so glad you have decided to start planning again!!! I can't wait to hear everything!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #40
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

YAY MAURE! So glad you're posting again! Again, so sorry about losing your baby... what a roller coaster this has been for you! I am glad you're back to planning your wedding- June 2011 will be here before you know it!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #41
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
Again, I am so sorry you lost your baby but I am so glad you have decided to start planning again!!! I can't wait to hear everything!
Thanks... I promise I am not going to slack off this time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynesianbride View Post
YAY MAURE! So glad you're posting again! Again, so sorry about losing your baby... what a roller coaster this has been for you! I am glad you're back to planning your wedding- June 2011 will be here before you know it!

I know, I can't wait for it to get here!! Thanks for the kind words...I will be posting soon!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #42
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

OK girl I know you've got some updates- spill it!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #43
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

I'm BAAACK!!!

Hello all!!! I finally decided to get my butt in gear and get going with the PJ! I am sorry I have been such a slacker with this, but it has been really hard since our computer got fried, and we haven't had the money to get a new one yet.

Well, I guess I will start with the news of the day! I am pregnant again! Yay!!! We are very excited, and are still planning on going ahead with the wedding plans. This time will be different then before because the baby will be about a year old when we have the wedding and last time the baby would have only been a couple months old, so that is a big difference. I am due on July 1.

I do have my very first update. Back in October, DH and I went to Disney for his birthday. It was loads of fun!! While we were there I had arranged to meet with Heidi Pickert, who was our wedding consultant when we were going to have the wedding in 2009. We set up a time to meet, so one morning, we headed over to Franck's and talked to her about our wedding plans. The minute we walked in there was this HUGE wedding cake in front of us, I mean, it must have fed 700 people!! Heidi was very friendly and just asked us basic questions about what we were looking for and our budget, etc. I had wanted to look at some other venues for the reception, so we started out by looking at pictures on the big screen in her office of different locations. It was really cool, she just dragged the pics from her computer screen onto this other big screen on the wall with her mouse. I had never seen anything like that. The wonders of technology.

The location we were going to use for the reception before was a ballroom at the Boardwalk. We looked at those pics again, and we just weren't feeling it. I had asked to look at The Attic, so we looked at pics of that. While I like the attic, I just didn't think it would work that well with my theme, plus you can't have a DJ if you use the attic. So, that was out. I had also wanted to look at the living seas salon in Epcot. We looked at those pics, and again, it just didn't match the feel I was going for. I like it alot, but my colors are pink and Chocalate brown and everything in there is dark wood and navy blue. Plus, Heidi told me that you can't use chair covers there, plus you cannot use an outside photographer inside Epcot. Since we really want to use Misty, that was out. For some reason, I decided to ask about the cost of using the Grand as opposed to a ballroom in a different resort. I had remembered that before it was going to cost $5000 more to use the Grand's ballroom as opposed to the Boardwalk's ballroom and that is why I had chosen that instead. Well, I was pleasantly surprised by the response. Disney has changed their pricing. Before, the Grand was the most expensive place to have your reception, they charged more per person to have it there then say, the boardwalk. Now, it's a flat rate for the reception, no matter what resort you have it at. It just depends on what time your reception is, so obviously a dinner reception is more per person then a brunch reception. Plus it depends on what menu you choose to use. But there is no difference in price between the different resorts. When Heidi told us that , we asked to look at pics of the Grand ballroom. That was it!!! I was immediately drawn to it, I loved the way it looked, and my colors would look good!!

After we got done looking at pics, we went for our site visits. First we went over to the Grand, but they were having a conference, so we just kind of got to peek in, but I got the general feel for the room and the coloring. We were able to look at the Whitehall room and patio, which is where we will be having our cocktail hour. We also walked over and looked at the wedding pavilion and bride's vestibule. Then we drove the back way into Epcot to look at locations for the dessert party!! That was so cool!!! We ended up parking behind France and going in this big gate, and there we were in France! So cool!!! We looked at Uk lower and France lower for the DP. We ended up picking UK lower since you can have a minimum of 25 people there, but to use France lower you have to have a minimum of 50.

Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures on this excursion, I just have a couple shots I took in the wedding pavilion which really aren't that great. Sorry...I don't know what I was thinking...

Well, that is my update. I still have to figure out how to get pics on here without my own computer. I think I might have to put my pics on a CD-Rom and then load them into photobucket that way and then onto here....if anyone has any other ideas, let me know.....Hope someone out there is reading this!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #44
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Yeah - so glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about all you have been through in the past few months but that is so great hearing about your new little baby and all your new wedding planning.

Just wanted to give you a sneak peak of what your DP might look like from the UK Lower. This is where ours was last November and it was the perfect place.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #45
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Linda,

Thanks for reading!!! It definitely looks like the UK lower is the perfect place-that picture is gorgeous!!! Were you able to have an outside photographer at your DP? If not, did someone else take that pic?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: