Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #121
camara381
DIS Veteran

Love the dresses, they are really cute!!! The website is fabulous!!!!

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #122
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
congrats on the contract & deposit! Those dresses are GORGEOUS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
Yay on the contract and deposit! Those dresses are gorgeous - very floaty and light - I can imagine they will look great in light yellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
Love the dresses, they are really cute!!! The website is fabulous!!!!
Thank you The dresses are really pretty aren't they, I can't wait to get them and have the BM's try them on!

I got my planner!!!!! It's Meri Williamson. I'm so excited!

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #123
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

So, I have now recieved all the planning documents and cake CD's and stuff. I had known for ages what cake I wanted, but it only comes in a three tier and I only need two. Anyway I emailed Meri and she said that they can do the cake in a two tier Its the Mickey Wave cake with the castle topper. I'm also gonna put some of those glittery letters on it.

I also really want some of these "I do" letters, any idea on where to get them?

I just need to decide now what transport, food, drinks and everything else I want. Choices, choices...
I have decided what bouquet I want though, I'm gonna have a huge round bouquet of lemon roses and cream stephanotis, with those diamante's in the middle. My bm's will just have a smaller bouquet of lemon and ivory roses.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:25 AM   #124
trudy88
Mouseketeer

Smile Wow!

The flowers sound beautiful.... I can just picture them!
trudy <><
trudy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:02 PM   #125
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

I just found your PJ, we will be at WDW at the same time!

We had that cake in a two tier, I was also really worried that they wouldn't let us have it as a two and I sent a really long email to my planner voicing my concerns on wasting so much cake but thankfully they let us have the two.

Jane Our DFTW July 2008 TR Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1544907
B2B-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #126
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2B-2008 View Post
I just found your PJ, we will be at WDW at the same time!

We had that cake in a two tier, I was also really worried that they wouldn't let us have it as a two and I sent a really long email to my planner voicing my concerns on wasting so much cake but thankfully they let us have the two.
Yeah I saw yours on your TR, and that's why I asked for the two tier! Meri, my planner, says it is fine. I'm just worried now that it won't be enough. There will be 26 of us all together and I'm serving the cake at the DP, so I'll have to make sure I am at the front of the queue!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #127
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

we had meri, she was fantastic, our wedding went off without a hitch
Old 11-03-2008, 02:35 AM   #128
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerbell1983 View Post
Yeah I saw yours on your TR, and that's why I asked for the two tier! Meri, my planner, says it is fine. I'm just worried now that it won't be enough. There will be 26 of us all together and I'm serving the cake at the DP, so I'll have to make sure I am at the front of the queue!
I'm sure it will be enough they would tell you if it wouldn't be. We had ours as dessert with ice cream. I never saw how much cake was left over as our guests took it back to their hotel but they said there was so much it wouldn't fit in the fridge and they had to give it to other hotel guests, there was only 12 of us though.

Jane Our DFTW July 2008 TR Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1544907
B2B-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:47 AM   #129
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

we had a two tier mad hatter and they cut the bottom layer into 18 pieces and some were huge, like 2/3 portions!

We took the whole of the top layer back to the hotel to eat over the next week!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #130
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
we had meri, she was fantastic, our wedding went off without a hitch
Oh that's good to know! Your wedding was so beautiful as well, I hope she does as good of a job on ours! She seems really nice so far and always really promptly answers my emails. I have my phone planning session next week, so I'm looking forward to talking to her and sharing my idea's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2B-2008 View Post
I'm sure it will be enough they would tell you if it wouldn't be. We had ours as dessert with ice cream. I never saw how much cake was left over as our guests took it back to their hotel but they said there was so much it wouldn't fit in the fridge and they had to give it to other hotel guests, there was only 12 of us though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
we had a two tier mad hatter and they cut the bottom layer into 18 pieces and some were huge, like 2/3 portions!

We took the whole of the top layer back to the hotel to eat over the next week!
I wanna take some back to eat, I love American cakes and I want to be able to eat as much as possible!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #131
linzwylie
Always looking for an excuse to visit 'the world' !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerbell1983 View Post
I wanna take some back to eat, I love American cakes and I want to be able to eat as much as possible!
My sentiments exactly !

Linz xxx
linzwylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #132
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzwylie View Post
My sentiments exactly !

Linz xxx
You'll be pleased to know that we are having 25 guests and Meri still said that we could take the top layer home with us! Well to the villa anyway, it won't get much further than the next day I expect, we'll probably have everyone round at ours trying to pinch it!

Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #133
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Well the other day I had my over the phone floral and planning session. I was sooo excited even though I wasn't even visiting Disney! I loved talking to Meri and Elizabeth, they were so nice and really listened to what I wanted and didn't try to push anything I didn't.

The only things we still have to decide are food we're eating and give Meri the songs we'd like at the WP. We know we want to have a buffet, but can't decide what food, I was sort of thinking of 3 stations, an Asian station (my fave food!), a Mediterranean station (for my family) and an American station (for DF's). We did pick what food we wanted at the DP though, we've asked for tiramisu, Mickey crispie buns, brownie's, key lime tart and cheese and crackers. I originally wanted to serve my wedding cake but Meri said that it would have to be kept outside, and would probably melt and bubble. So we'll be having cake as dessert as well as the DP.

We are going with the limo (not Cindy's coach! ) to save on cost's, and we're having it for 4 hours, to pick us up from our villa's and then ferry us back and forth from the GF to the WP.

For personal floral we are only having my bouquet and my bridesmaids. DF wants him and the groomsmen to having a yellow hanky in their pocket rather than a boutoneire, and we won't be having corsages or anything. My bouquet is gonna look like this

(thanks to Mary! ) but with just roses and stephanotis, the roses will be a pastel yellow colour. I told her I wanted it BIG! My bridesmaids are having the same but with pastel yellow and ivory roses and maybe a bit smaller, as my MOH is tiny! Me and the BM are also gonna do a single rose in our hair at the side, something like this I think

I'm just worried about them wilting in the heat, I really need to ask Elizabeth about that.
Anyway, in the WP we are having tulle swagging gown the aisle, and rose petals and votive candles in the alter. Along with the table centerpeices and the unity candle. We're not doing any other WP decor because I think it's really pretty on its own, and we're not gonna be in there for that long.
For the tables on the patio at the Whitehall room we are doing ivory linens and then the cylinders with a floating candle and rose petals.

Indoors we are having three round tables as well as our sweetheart table, and Elizabeth is gonna replicate this design

because I absolutely *love* it, and want it to be exactly the same! We are doing ivory sparkly table linens, can't actually remember what they're called and the chivalri (sp?) chairs with a chiffon bow. We are also having these chairs on the patio and at the DP. For the DP we are having these little lamps
which are $10 so not bad really!
And I think that's it, just got to wait for my BEO now which will probably be about $30,000 and I'll have to take all my pretty things out! Just got to pick stationary and other stuff like that.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #134
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Caroline -- I love all your food and floral ideas! Those lamps are beautiful for the DP! I am so glad your phone PS went so well!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #135
linzwylie
Always looking for an excuse to visit 'the world' !!!

Everything sounds great !

I think I will go along the same route - pick all of the things I would love and then wait for the BEO when I will discard the things that aren't that important.

Just out of interest , how much is the tulle swagging in the WP?

Linz xxx
linzwylie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: