Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #61
mel_ntu
Earning My Ears

Hi Pinkerbell, another UK bride saying hello. I am in Doncaster so not far from you at all either!

You sound so organised!

We are trying to get everything sorted t get married in August next year but don't know where to start!!!

Are you having a wishes wedding? How are you doing your 25 days minimum nights? Only just noticed this on the website (doh!) but it shouldn't be a problem!

Do DVC members nights count? do you have to book them all at once or just let them know when you are ready to book?

Mel
mel_ntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #62
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Hi Mel, I just got a job in doncaster!!!! Its only about 30 minutes form me, small world!

Yeah I'm doing a wishes, travelling all the way to florida to get married, thought I may as well have a big do!!! We are only providing 10 room nights and so are not being given the complimentary room night, but I'm not so bothered about this, because if we'd have had to have 25 I wouldn't have been able to have the wedding as all our guests are staying in villa's. I think I've read in other posts that DVC vouchers do count.

I'm not that organsied, I just have a very good big sister!!! It's so exciting planning a wedding, what are your plans so far?

keenercam, your right so I think I'm just gonna have to get ready at our offsite villa and then me and DH will stay somewhere disney the night of the wedding. That way we will have plenty of space for all of us

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #63
mel_ntu
Earning My Ears

Hmmm, I read it as you had to have a minimum of 25 nights which threw me a bit.

Could def do 10 though.

How many are you having over for your wedding?

At the moment it looks like about 20 for ours which is a nice number I thought. Not too many but enough to have a good atmosphere, plus they are all party people so that obviously helps!!

I live and work in Doncaster, small world!

Mel
Old 08-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #64
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_ntu View Post
Hmmm, I read it as you had to have a minimum of 25 nights which threw me a bit.

Could def do 10 though.

How many are you having over for your wedding?

At the moment it looks like about 20 for ours which is a nice number I thought. Not too many but enough to have a good atmosphere, plus they are all party people so that obviously helps!!

I live and work in Doncaster, small world!

Mel
We're having 24 to our wedding so 26 in total, I think its just a nice amount, your right. It does say 25 on the website, and, I too was really worried about it. But then I rang disney and they said they are alot more flexible now and 10 is fine as long as you don't mind not having the free night for yourself.

I think you should ring disney and ask them some questions and get the ball rolling, they are really helpful and you should be able to get pencilled in. Have you started a planning journal yet? Good luck

Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 AM   #65
mel_ntu
Earning My Ears

Really not sure of our plans at the moment. We are luckilly going out in a few weeks so hoping to get that majority of it sorted then. Need to have more of an idea by then though!!

Definately want the WP, just not sure about the reception venue. Also not sure whether to have a dessert party as a pre wedding get together or as part of the day. Just seems a bit silly dragging everyone from the WP to the reception, then to the DP.

Not got anything else sorted. Other than who is in the bridal party. Need to go dress shopping soon. Planning on going when we get back from the states.

Mel
Old 08-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #66
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

ooooh dress shopping is the best!!!!!!!!!

You're so lucky to be going to florida soon, I'm so jealous We went last sept and the weather was sooooo nice!!! I'm sure you'll be able to sort some things out while your there, check out venues and stuff and get some pics. Just seen on another post that your wanting to arrange to see someone, have you managed that yet?

Old 08-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #67
mel_ntu
Earning My Ears

Ooops, cross post. Yes have started a journal. Can't link, but it is called Mel & Lee so you should be able to find it.

Intended to call them last night but as usual, work got in the way. Football is on tonight so Lee will be on another planet so I am going to call them then.

He responds much easier to A/B options rather than having lots to choose from so I will hopefully narrow it all down and make my life easier

I am sooo bad at getting organised. Its surprising really because in work I am this superconfident/super organised person and I am so totally not like that at home!!!
My sister is a great help, she got married abroad herself so has some experience which will help.

Mel
Old 08-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #68
adisneygal
DIS Veteran

Hi, I followed you over from my PJ. Yes, my dress is the pompadour. And I almost went with a Justin Alexander so I adore your dress as well. I love Justin Alexander but the pompadour won out. Your flower girl dress is adorable!!!
AKL/OKW 12/08
BWI 4/09
SSR 5/10
AKL/BCV 12/10
adisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #69
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneygal View Post
Hi, I followed you over from my PJ. Yes, my dress is the pompadour. And I almost went with a Justin Alexander so I adore your dress as well. I love Justin Alexander but the pompadour won out. Your flower girl dress is adorable!!!
The dresses are quite similar really aren't they, with the tulle at the bottom. I do think the ian stuart one will travel better because its creased already isn't it and thats how its supposed to be. Hmmmm, maybe I should've thought about that first.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #70
adisneygal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerbell1983 View Post
The dresses are quite similar really aren't they, with the tulle at the bottom. I do think the ian stuart one will travel better because its creased already isn't it and thats how its supposed to be. Hmmmm, maybe I should've thought about that first.
Your dress is very similiar to Ian Stuarts Lucia. Both are gorgeous! I think yours looks like it will travel well too. I just worry how I am gonna go to the bathroom in that huge dress...
AKL/OKW 12/08
BWI 4/09
SSR 5/10
AKL/BCV 12/10
adisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:56 AM   #71
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneygal View Post
Your dress is very similiar to Ian Stuarts Lucia. Both are gorgeous! I think yours looks like it will travel well too. I just worry how I am gonna go to the bathroom in that huge dress...
That is what bridesmaids are for!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 05:15 AM   #72
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Update

So, I'm still in the process of eagerly awaiting the 8 month mark and creating a room block etc. In the meantime I have picked out my BM dresses and I've just found some gorgeous jewellry for the day. Since my dress has some beading on top I decided not to have a necklace and just wear some big earrings and a chunky bracelet. I usually wear big mismatched earrings so in keeping with that theme I found these but I kinda like these too

What do you guys think? I haven't picked a bracelet yet, but I was thinking I wanted a thick silver one. Now, here is my dilema, my hair is in an inverted bob style (this is me) and I don't think it will be long enough to wear up so what do I wear in my hair? I don't think I want a tiara but what else can I have in my hair?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #73
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerbell1983 View Post
Now, here is my dilema, my hair is in an inverted bob style

(this is me) and I don't think it will be long enough to wear up so what do I wear in my hair? I don't think I want a tiara but what else can I have in my hair?
You could do a flower in your hair. You could also google short hair dos for weddings and see what you get.

September 7, 2009 I married my best friend
Wedding Pavilion California Grill UK Lower
*PJ & TR!
DISNEY*lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #74
scarlet-la-belle
Mouseketeer

Your dress is lovley and those fairy ear rings there BEAUTIFUL!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #75
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

I love those earrings - was considering buying the same ones for my hen night(s) as I'm going to have the pic from my avatar made into a T-shirt - I love Tink!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: