Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #46
kayleighnik
Mouseketeer

Your flower girl would look gorgeous in that dress! Its so cute!

Quote:
Thanks again Kayleigh!!! Your a star!!! What are you studying at uni again? All things to do with disney and florida? You know everything!!!!
Thanks - anything to help! I'm gonna be studying Law - if there was a Disney/Florida course, I'd be the first to sign up!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6moete7usu57ql.png[/IMG]

July 2005 POFQ / July 2007 POFQ
August 2009 AKL

A British Invasion...sort of! August 09 AKL PTR
kayleighnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #47
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Ha ha ha me too!!!

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #48
auntpunkin
Mouseketeer

I thought I'd come over to your PJ for a visit...I love your table/centerpiece idea! That is going to be so classy! You are so much futher along than I am in chosing dresses. I haven't even looked at bridesmaid dresses but I really like the way your MOH and BM's are opposite. Your plans look beautiful so far!!

As far as resort choices go, my favorite resort is the Wilderness Lodge. There is a boat launch directly to the Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom. The best part is the theming, it really feels like your in a luxury cottage on the lake. I've stayed at Carribean Beach also, I think they have the best food court area. I would stary there again, no problem!

I've taken a taxi from WL to the Poly, it was something like $7...the Poly and GF are really close to the WL. Taxi's are available everywhere, it's just a matter of how far your room is from the taxi stand. The All Star resorts are the furthest from where you want to be. I look here for resort photos: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/gallery.htm
and here's a pretty good overview of where everything is:
http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_D..._World_Map.jpg

My planning session should be right around your wedding date! I'm looking forward to hearing all of your plans, I'm sure they will help me with mine!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3nkrxpxttc8gktlp.png[/img]

Our Planning Journal!
auntpunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #49
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntpunkin View Post
I thought I'd come over to your PJ for a visit...I love your table/centerpiece idea! That is going to be so classy! You are so much futher along than I am in chosing dresses. I haven't even looked at bridesmaid dresses but I really like the way your MOH and BM's are opposite. Your plans look beautiful so far!!

As far as resort choices go, my favorite resort is the Wilderness Lodge. There is a boat launch directly to the Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom. The best part is the theming, it really feels like your in a luxury cottage on the lake. I've stayed at Carribean Beach also, I think they have the best food court area. I would stary there again, no problem!

I've taken a taxi from WL to the Poly, it was something like $7...the Poly and GF are really close to the WL. Taxi's are available everywhere, it's just a matter of how far your room is from the taxi stand. The All Star resorts are the furthest from where you want to be. I look here for resort photos: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/gallery.htm
and here's a pretty good overview of where everything is:
http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_D..._World_Map.jpg

My planning session should be right around your wedding date! I'm looking forward to hearing all of your plans, I'm sure they will help me with mine!!
Oh $7 is great, I don't think anyone would mind paying that!! and I'll definately take a look at the wilderness lodge, I hadn't really thought about staying there, but I guess it is close!
Thanks

Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #50
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Where do we stay?

Help!!!!!!!

I really don't know where to stay the night of the wedding, I was all on for the Grand Floridian but after checking out the photos, I'm not so sure how much I like it. It will be convienient to stay there since this is where the reception will be, but its no problem hiring a limo for us to stay somewhere else. I also want somewhere with biggish rooms, as thats where myself and 4 bridesmaids will be getting ready.

Any ideas???

Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #51
PRPrincess1081
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerbell1983 View Post
Help!!!!!!!

I really don't know where to stay the night of the wedding, I was all on for the Grand Floridian but after checking out the photos, I'm not so sure how much I like it. It will be convienient to stay there since this is where the reception will be, but its no problem hiring a limo for us to stay somewhere else. I also want somewhere with biggish rooms, as thats where myself and 4 bridesmaids will be getting ready.

Any ideas???
I am staying at the disney contemporary - tower magic kingdom view its even on my contract so instead of a standard room I get the tower magic kingdom view woohoo
Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #52
kayleighnik
Mouseketeer

What about AKL or the Polynesian? I'm probably going to chose the Polynesian! The GF isn't really my kind of style...

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6moete7usu57ql.png[/IMG]

July 2005 POFQ / July 2007 POFQ
August 2009 AKL

A British Invasion...sort of! August 09 AKL PTR
kayleighnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #53
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

We're going to do a Honeymoon Room at the GF, but for our Escape wedding in Jun, we stayed at the Villas at WL. Don't know if they'll comp you that night, but you can ask...or one of the other Villas. There's a spa bath!!!
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:26 AM   #54
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Thanks for the help guys!

I think I'm gonna look at the Contemporary, Polynesian and WL as they are all close to the WP and we'd be able to get there in the limo.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from them?

tiggerrifficheidi, are the villa different and bigger than normal rooms?

I've just heard someone saying you can rent a ballroom out at the GF to get ready in, I may look into that as well, because then I don't have to worry about checking in early or anything either. Choices, choices...

Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #55
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys!

I think I'm gonna look at the Contemporary, Polynesian and WL as they are all close to the WP and we'd be able to get there in the limo.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from them?

tiggerrifficheidi, are the villa different and bigger than normal rooms?

I've just heard someone saying you can rent a ballroom out at the GF to get ready in, I may look into that as well, because then I don't have to worry about checking in early or anything either. Choices, choices...
We got ready in our room at the Villas at WL. We were able to walk from the villas through the main lodge of the WL (which was really fun in my dress!). The limo was at the front, and we were at the Poly for our wedding at Sunset Pointe in 5 minutes. It's super close.

The 1BR Villas are the only ones I've stayed in and they are bigger. They have a kitchen area, which was nice to store the extra cake for breakfast later on. There is a living room with a couch and a chair. The bedroom is separate with a kingsize bed and the best part is a separate spa tub (that can fit two)

I know the studios don't have the spa tub, so bear that in mind. I thought there was plenty of room to get ready, but I don't recall how many folks you'll have in your room that day!

My DH also loved the fact that there is a washer and dryer! He's a bit of a clean freak
Old 08-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #56
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerrifficheidi View Post
We got ready in our room at the Villas at WL. We were able to walk from the villas through the main lodge of the WL (which was really fun in my dress!). The limo was at the front, and we were at the Poly for our wedding at Sunset Pointe in 5 minutes. It's super close.

The 1BR Villas are the only ones I've stayed in and they are bigger. They have a kitchen area, which was nice to store the extra cake for breakfast later on. There is a living room with a couch and a chair. The bedroom is separate with a kingsize bed and the best part is a separate spa tub (that can fit two)

I know the studios don't have the spa tub, so bear that in mind. I thought there was plenty of room to get ready, but I don't recall how many folks you'll have in your room that day!

My DH also loved the fact that there is a washer and dryer! He's a bit of a clean freak
There will be myself, 3 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, my mum and probably my 3 year old nephew. Are the villa's loads more expensive and can you still use the 30% discount?

We're only gonna be there for that night so I don't wanna spend a mega amount on the hotel but I want somewhere nice to get ready.

My other option is to stay in the villa which is about half an hour away and get ready there, then hire a limo to take us to the pavilion? Does the disney limo come to non disney property?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #57
linzwylie
Always looking for an excuse to visit 'the world' !!!

Hey there from another UK bride to be !!

Loving the plans so far.

We too are staying in villas off property. not sure if disney lets their limo come off property? if they dont we will hire a private car to bring us.

We have the contemporary booked for the night of the wedding and then the next night. The rooms are really nice.

Loving the yellow but then I would because that is also our colour

Linz xxx
linzwylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #58
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There will be myself, 3 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, my mum and probably my 3 year old nephew. Are the villa's loads more expensive and can you still use the 30% discount?

We're only gonna be there for that night so I don't wanna spend a mega amount on the hotel but I want somewhere nice to get ready.

My other option is to stay in the villa which is about half an hour away and get ready there, then hire a limo to take us to the pavilion? Does the disney limo come to non disney property?
It would be enough room to get ready. The bathroom is large with plenty of room to maneuver. I think it's only a 10% discount, though. In May, I believe they are quite a bit more expensive than some Deluxe, but check with your WP.

I would assume the limo would go off-property, but again, check with your WP. I think they contract them through Mears, though.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #59
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzwylie View Post
Hey there from another UK bride to be !!

Loving the plans so far.

We too are staying in villas off property. not sure if disney lets their limo come off property? if they dont we will hire a private car to bring us.

We have the contemporary booked for the night of the wedding and then the next night. The rooms are really nice.

Loving the yellow but then I would because that is also our colour

Linz xxx
Which villa's are you staying in? We're in highlands reserve, we stayed there a few times before and love them!!!

I take it you'll be getting ready at your villa too then? I just emailed my coordinator and you can't check in rooms til 4pm so it looks like I'll be getting ready at the villa too.

Cool about both having yellow, its a bit unusual, I couldn't find ant other brides that have had yellow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerrifficheidi View Post
It would be enough room to get ready. The bathroom is large with plenty of room to maneuver. I think it's only a 10% discount, though. In May, I believe they are quite a bit more expensive than some Deluxe, but check with your WP.

I would assume the limo would go off-property, but again, check with your WP. I think they contract them through Mears, though.
I still kinda like the idea of staying at WL villa's, the idea is growing on me more and more!

Old 08-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #60
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Wow! Everything looks fabulous so far. LOVE the attendants' dresses and your choice for your flower girl is absolutely adorable! The inspiration picture for your tables is very romantic and beautiful -- I am sure that Disney Floral can pull off anything your heart desires as long as you can provide a picture or a really good description.
Good luck choosing where to stay. There are so many great options that it is really hard to choose. The DVC villas definitely have a lot of room and the W/D, kitchen & jacuzzi tub are all great features, but if it is just for the night before/getting ready, you should look into the square footage of each room to find which has the most. With all of the people you named, you couldn' t have them staying in a regular Disney resort room. With 6 people, you'd need 2 rooms. You may want to consider connecting rooms at one of the moderates if the villas are pricey.
Have fun planning! Looking forward to hearing more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: