Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #151
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Well I've changed some things and cut some things out and my floral is now $3100, not great but a lot better. I cut out the tulle swagging, asked my bm bouquets to only cost $100 (I figure they will be a bit smaller), changed to chair covers with a bow (great tip ) as this cut out delivery fee and per chair was cheaper. I'm also gonna change to baskets with petals for the staged exit, so this will save me another $100. I'll wait until I get my other BEO back and then, take out more if needed.

I'm really stressed at the moment because of money, we are getting help from our parents but are putting any extra to it ourselves, with the cost of the holiday and spending money as well we are looking at £15,000 ($22,000) which is a lot to save up really. I only graduated form uni in sept so we have only been saving since then, and we would have been alright if the exchange rate hadn't affected us so much. I wanted to be adding things on (like cindy's coach) not taking things off! I just don't know what to do... half of me (including DF) says its your dream wedding have what you want, and the other half says don't get into debt by spending loads on it! What did you guys do? Spend or save? We'd probably be alright after the wedding as DF gets a big bonus in July and we wouldn't have anything else to save for so would be alot better off...

On a happier note... my dress gets in next month I'm so looking forward to it! And me and my bm's and my mum are going bm dress shopping in Manchester in Feb so I have some things to look forward to! Oh... and Christmas!

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #152
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Caroline -- As a person who is finally having her dream wedding after 24+ years of marriage, I think you should do the wedding the way you want, as long as it doesn't put a lot of financial stress on you both as you are just starting out. I know I should be the voice of reason, and really, when all is said and done, all that matters at the end of the day is that you are married. But, it would be a shame for you to always regret not having your dream Disney wedding. Sending you and
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #153
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

dont worry about the money, things will be fine, we saved up for our wedding all on our own with no help whatso ever, ok i lost the carriage but i had the landau coach and it was lovely and $1000 cheaper. there are loads of ways to cut back and still have the wedding of your dreams, we did ours for $12000 and we didnt miss anything
Old 12-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #154
alissa2008
I'll take two.

Just catching up with your PJ! Everything looks great! I'm loving your gown!! Are you worried about having your BMs in ivory? Seems really close to white for my tastes--- but I bet it looks smashing!

Also, have you thought about making your own BM bouquets? My mom made mine and they turned out great! We even get to reuse them for our at home reception... saved a ton on floral. She made the boutonnieres as well...just a thought. Not sure how DIY you are...

Last edited by alissa2008; 12-08-2008 at 08:07 PM.
alissa2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #155
linzwylie
Always looking for an excuse to visit 'the world' !!!

Your doing well so far with cutting the floral down !

What are cracked votive holders??

I totally forgot to ask about decor for the cake or guest book table? You would think they would have mentioned it?

Oh well looks like I'm going to be adding before I even get my BEO !!! Wouldn't be like me

Linz xxx
linzwylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #156
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
Caroline -- As a person who is finally having her dream wedding after 24+ years of marriage, I think you should do the wedding the way you want, as long as it doesn't put a lot of financial stress on you both as you are just starting out. I know I should be the voice of reason, and really, when all is said and done, all that matters at the end of the day is that you are married. But, it would be a shame for you to always regret not having your dream Disney wedding. Sending you and
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
dont worry about the money, things will be fine, we saved up for our wedding all on our own with no help whatso ever, ok i lost the carriage but i had the landau coach and it was lovely and $1000 cheaper. there are loads of ways to cut back and still have the wedding of your dreams, we did ours for $12000 and we didnt miss anything
Thanks guys You are both right, you only get one wedding, ah? So I'm gonna try and compromise and have most of the things I want without spending a fortune. I'm not gonna cut back on anything that I really really want because I think I'll only regret it later. Sarah, I'm gonna re check your BEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by alissa2008 View Post
Just catching up with your PJ! Everything looks great! I'm loving your gown!! Are you worried about having your BMs in ivory? Seems really close to white for my tastes--- but I bet it looks smashing!

Also, have you thought about making your own BM bouquets? My mom made mine and they turned out great! We even get to reuse them for our at home reception... saved a ton on floral. She made the boutonnieres as well...just a thought. Not sure how DIY you are...
Hi
I wasn't worried about ivory bm dresses, my dress is ivory too. But mu mum was and somehow convinced me that it wouldn't stand out on pics so not to have it. So we are now back to yellow, which is what I wanted anyway and we are gonna wait for the shops to get their spring stuff in before we shop for them.
As for making the bm bouquets? I am the least DIY person ever! They would look rubbish if I attemped them! And I really wanted all real flowers. I'm alot happier now they are down to $100 each, because they don't seem to have anything less in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linzwylie View Post
Your doing well so far with cutting the floral down !

What are cracked votive holders??

I totally forgot to ask about decor for the cake or guest book table? You would think they would have mentioned it?

Oh well looks like I'm going to be adding before I even get my BEO !!! Wouldn't be like me

Linz xxx
I am doing well but thats because I soooo much to cut out
The planner mentioned the cake table decor to me actually or I would've completely forgot! I had to email and add loads of things and take things off and they were really nice about stuff and changed things straight away. I am already on my second floral proposal, and there is something I need to change on this one too.

The cracked votive holders are that glass that looks like its broken but isn't. Did you enjoy your planning session?

Old 12-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #157
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

I got my BEO and I'm sooooo pleased, including taxes and service charges its $16,656!!!! But there some things that need taking off and the guest list has dropped so I think it will be about $14,500 which is great. It even includes Cinderella's coach!

Old 12-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #158
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Wow! Great job keeping the costs down and getting a low price on that BEO!! I hope I get mine that low.

September 7, 2009 I married my best friend
Wedding Pavilion California Grill UK Lower
*PJ & TR!
DISNEY*lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #159
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Ceremony
Wedding Pavilion - $2662
Cinderella's Coach - $2700
Limo for 3 hours - 376
Unity Candle - $65
Memorial Candle - $35
Bride Bouquet - $329
Bridesmaid Bouquet (3) - $326
Staged Exit (petals) - $45
Use centerpieces as altar decor
Move fee - $25

Pre-reception
Anti pasto display @ $14.24pp - $400
Cylinders with petals and candles on tables (4) - $33
Chair covers - $68
Petals for guest book table - $12.50

Reception
3 x 7" chunky cylinder vases with water and clear marbles at bottom. Float one pale yellow rose bloom. Place on top of each cylinder one 8" pale yellow rose pomander. 3 x $235 = $705 (one per table)

6" chunky cylinder vase with water and clear marbles at bottom. Float one pale yellow rose bloom. Place on top of cylinder one 4" pale yellow rose pomander. Place on sweetheart table - $115

3 votive candle on each table and sweetheart table - 12 x $2.50 = $30

Sprinkle rose petals on each table - $50

Place 4 crackled glass votive cups on each table filled half way with water with pale yellow rose bloom. 16 x $5 = $80

25 sliver matt charger plates. 25 x $6 = $150

Food (see below) @ $90pp - $2500

Cash bar

Children's meal - $25

Room extension x 3 hours - $1278

4 x 90 x 90 ivory pixie dust overlays. 4 x $37.50 = $150

Yellow satin ribbon tie on napkins. 25 x $2 = $50

Heavily scatter cake table with yellow rose petals - $50

3 votive's on cake table - $7.50

Ipod - $379

Fiscus Tree's x 6 - $990

Mickey Wave cake with white chocolate castle topper - $611

Chair covers - $187

Dessert Party

Chair Covers - $68

Food @ $34pp - $800

Crystal lamps (4) - $60

Total - Around $15,500 to Disney

My food is:
-Mushroom filled pasta with vegetable-sherry broth, leeks, red peppers and gruyere (veg)

-Pan-seared crab cakes with lemon-dill creme

-Caesar salad with parmesan and croutons (veg)

-Olive oil grilled vegetables (veg)

-Parmesan-crusted chicken breast with basil mashed potatoes and mushroom cream

-Creamy parmesan and goats cheese risotto topped with gremolata (veg)

-Mahi Mahi steamed in banana leaves with mango salsa

-New York strip steak with Merlot and black pepper reduction, balsamic crimini mushrooms and roasted shallots.

-Fingerling potatoes

-Sourdough rolls and rustic breads

Old 12-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #160
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

thanks for posting your BEO. It is so helpful for all us upcoming brides

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #161
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Well I haven't posted in a while so thought I'd add a few updates. I have a new BEO, it's now $14,500 which is a bit less than it was. I just took out the ficus tree's and made the dessert party menu cheaper, $26pp now instead of $34pp. I have also changed all my floral, I wanted to go with more of a vintage pastel theme so now instead of yellow roses and stephanotis in my bouquet, I'm having dusky pink, lilac, green, yellow and cream roses all different sizes, and my bridesmaids are having all dusky pink. The pomanders on the tables are also going to be the same colour as my bouquet. I don't have a new floral BEO yet so I'll have to see what the price is for all my changes. I did consider going with an outside florist but no one seemed to get what I wanted as well as Elizabeth (my Disney florist) did, so I'm happily sticking with her!

I have also decided on the my ceremony music, we are having:
Some day my price will come - for DF & the groomsmen and officiant
Canon in D major - for my bridesmaids
Cinderella at the palace - for me
Traditional wedding recessional - at the end

I also got ordered my wedding stationary

It hasn't arrived yet but I will post pictures when it does.

I have got V & A booked as well, I'm soooo excited! I've never been to a Disney restaurant before so I'm really looking forward to it!

AS well as V & A i have our rehearsal dinner booked at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney!

Lastly, I have also picked my table names, we decided to go with Disney couples, so we have Cinderella and Prince Charming (of course!), Beauty and the Beast, Gisele and Robert and Rose and Prince Phillip.

Does anyone have a picture of the table number holders that Disney provides?

I just need to choose some bridesmaid dresses and pick a ring now. Here are the rings I like

Old 01-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #162
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

its a coming together!!
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #163
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Hiya,

how have you booked your flight tickets? I am from the UK too and was wondering will it be better to group book (for hte whole party and pay seperately).. we want to go with Virgin.

I am with you on the currency exchange - its so hard, and sometimes can make you angry/ upset - we havent booked anything yet, but we know what we want in the wedding and what would have cost us $16k- £8k- is not that cheap anymore- and were afraid the pound might level with the dollar and we will really struggle to save for the wedding if the exchange rate doesnt improve!! eek!

Ive been reading through your PJ today- i have somehow missed it- im sorta new on here! I think everyone of your plans loooks good- i love your dress- i saw that one- I am looking at a few Justin Alexander ones- 8437? Where are those wedding bands from? I am looking for one exactly like that because my e ring has 5 diamonds on each sideof the band so i thought a wedding ring like that would match. Its a very nice ring!!

Im on the 6th page so far.. so i will write to you again when im done!! wooo!! UK DISNEY BRIDES!!

Last edited by malibustacey; 01-22-2009 at 09:45 AM.
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #164
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerbell1983 View Post
kayleighnik I am from Sheffield, so not that far really!!!!

Just thought I'd post a few pics on what i've decided so far...

This is my ring

This is my dress, its a justin alexander one and I didn't like it the first time I put it on but it def grew on me and now I love it!!!!

I want my table centerpieces to look something like this, I borrowed this idea from someone elses thread (I hope they don't mind!) I just think they are really beautiful!!!

Or maybe something like this?

I want my bridesmaids in yellow knee length dresses but I haven't found any that I really love yet.

Does anyone know the prices for the cylinder centerpieces? Do prices and things come with your planning kit?
Hehe i just realised you are from Sheffield- my DF is from Sheffield too!! small world eh!?
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:31 AM   #165
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Sheffield too? Cool! Where abouts?

I booked with Thomsonfly but all my party booked seperately. I didn't really look into group booking to be honest. I know with Virgin the price is now quite cheap, but they don't take bookings until 11 months before.

The exchange rate is really upsetting me, it's gone down AGAIN! It's making my wedding so much more expensive, at this rate I'll have to remove Cinderella's Coach! I'm managing to save up most of the money if it stays the way it is, but who knows Hopefully by the time your wedding comes it will have leveled off a bit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: