Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

Heather & Mike's PJ: At Home Wedding & Disneymoon 6/19/10*Update/Questions 11/15/09

Well... It's official!! I'm engaged!! It happened Friday night, October 2, 2009. My DFi, Mike, took me down to the Canal Walk in Indianapolis, which is a beautiful, romantic place to go for those who don't know Indianapolis. We walked all the way to the end of it, where he sat and said he wanted to take a couple pictures, so we did and that's where he asked me. It was awesome. We walked back an engaged couple!! I've known it was coming for awhile, I just didn't know when he was going to officially ask me! I'm so excited to get started on the planning and everything.

Here are the plans we have so far:
Our wedding will be at our home church here on June 19, 2010, probably around 2 or 3 pm. Our reception will follow immidiately after. It will be a simple Cake, mints, nuts and punch reception. Then we are off to Disney World for our honeymoon. We will be there from June 20th to June 26th and back by Sunday June 27th.

This is the 2nd wedding for both of us. We are wanting to do something traditional and beautiful, but also simple. We definitely want to put more into the honeymoon than anything. We really want this one to be so much better than the first one. We already feel like it's the first!

So, that is what I have for now. I'm looking forward to planning with you all!! :-)

Last edited by HMC8982; 11-15-2009 at 06:17 PM.
HMC8982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

Here's a few pictures. We don't have many since it was just the two of us and all we had was a cell phone...

Here's a pic of the canal as we started our walk. There was a wedding going on right in front of us in this picture. I thought it was a little ironic.

Here's a couple of us that night that he took with his phone

And here's a couple of the ring... I never knew how hard it was to get a good picture of a diamond!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

Well, we have officially booked our wedding at our church for June 19, 2010 at 2 pm.

I'm a little sad because I had to drop my ring off to be resized so I won't have it for a little while. I can't wait to get it back. At least I got to show it off for a week first! lol

Monday my mom and I went dress shopping and found my dress. I am so excited about it!! It was crazy how I found it. We went to two shops... the first one didn't have much of anything and I was kind of disappointed. When we went to the 2nd one, I immidiately picked out 5 dresses to try on. The first one I tried on was perfect.. exactly what I was looking for.. beautiful but simple. We were ready to buy it and everything, however it wasn't in the right size and we weren't sure if we wanted ivory or white (the one I tried on was ivory)... so we would have to order it. So, the lady there helping us, said let me go find a similar dress by the same designer in the right size and similar style as far as how it fits and everything. And she wanted to grab a white one so I could try to decide if I liked it better. So, she gets it and brings it to me, I put it on and walk out to the mirrors.. and wow... I couldn't believe it, I fell in love with it! It was gorgeous. Definitely fancier than I was looking for, but I couldn't help it. It fit perfect.... and it was a 1 only.. meaning the last one.. couldn't be ordered. It was one of those "meant to be" situations I think. It was funny... I never tried it on.. she was just trying to help me pick the color and right size and I fall in love with the dress she picked out.. crazy that it was the only one and fit perfect.. but anyway... here are a few pictures.

The first is the model pic, and the other two are a couple we took with my phone. Not the greatest. Obviously, I don't have a hoop on and it will definitely need altered! lol

I'm needing help deciding if I want it to be so full with the hoop or if I want it to not be so fluffy. The straps are also optional. I'm kind of thinking I want to go strapless, but I'm not completely sure. I'd love to hear some of your ideas and thoughts on it!!

Well, that's it for now!!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Beautiful dress!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Hiya!!! Welcome to the wedding boards!

Your dress is so pretty! Can't wait to hear mroe of your plans!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #6
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

hey. i'm joining in. You are getting married 2 weeks after me! Congrats on the engagement! The dress looks lovely on you! excited to read more.

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone!! Feel free to give me any advice!!! I'll have to go take a look at all of your PJ's too! I'm really enjoying this board.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Congrats! I love your dress. It's gorgeous! Can you get sleeves that are removable so you can maybe wear them for the ceremony and remove them for the reception. I meant to do this with mine but forgot to take off the sleeves for the reception! I know what you mean about the extra poof on the bottom. I ended up going without. You should try it on both ways and go with what you think is more comfortable or like better! Can't wait to read more. You're big day will be here before you know it, so enjoy all the planning!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
Congrats! I love your dress. It's gorgeous! Can you get sleeves that are removable so you can maybe wear them for the ceremony and remove them for the reception. I meant to do this with mine but forgot to take off the sleeves for the reception! I know what you mean about the extra poof on the bottom. I ended up going without. You should try it on both ways and go with what you think is more comfortable or like better! Can't wait to read more. You're big day will be here before you know it, so enjoy all the planning!
Thanks for the advice. I don't know about the sleeves.. but the straps that I had on are optional.. they can be taken off.. and I'm thinking I will go strapless. I'm leaning towards going without the poof.. i'm just not sure. I'm probably gonna go try it on again this weekend and test it with the hoop. And hopefully get better pics!!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

Well.. I haven't updated in awhile. I had to have my ring resized and got it back on Monday. I hated having to let go of it for all that time, but they had told me it would take 2 weeks.. but it ended up only taking 1, so I was pretty happy about that!

I went and tried my dress on last Saturday with and without the poof. I tried it on with the hoop.. and then with the crinoline skirt. I decided to go with the crinoline. It gave the dress a little poof that allows you to see the detail better, but not quite as poofy as the hoop.

I'm trying to decide on what I want to do for a head piece. I'm thinking I don't want a veil but may choose to do some flowers or a tiara or something in my hair instead.

We got the church booked for certain. Our pastor actually announced it last Sunday to the congregation. That felt pretty good to hear it announced like that.

The next thing we are working on is the cake. We haven't decided who we want to do it yet.. and aren't exactly sure what we are wanting to do for it. I've kinda got a vision of doing either 3 or 4 tiers square stacked on top of each other. I like the look of the ribbon around the base of each tier. Probably with the ribbon in the teal color we are wanting to do for the wedding. Maybe something like this..

We know our colors are going to be Black and White..accenting with a teal color. We are going to use calla lillies as our flowers.. probably a bunch of long stem calla lillies for my bouquet.. a few less in the bridesmaid bouquet and for all of the corsages and everything as well.. so that makes that cake even more perfect.

We are also busy trying to plan the honeymoon. We sat down and looked at some attractions and restaurants. Does anyone else have the trouble I do getting their fiance to look at these things? lol I don't know.. is it just a guy thing? He'll look but he gets bored fast! But anyway, we decided that we want to eat at the Coral Reef and Mama Melrose's and would like to pick another couple of kinda romantic/nice restaurants. We would love your suggestions. I don't think there are many more we would like at the parks, so I'm thinking either downtown disney or possibly at the resorts. What do you all think? Any advice? We know there are some really nice ones.. but we are trying to keep it halfway affordable too. Don't really want to spend $100 a plate or anything..lol. But we don't want to be too cheap either.. you know?

Anyway, this is getting really exciting.. and I'm having so much fun planning. I'm sorry I haven't kept up on this very well. It's still 8 months away... so really there isn't a whole lot we can do but think it up. What else do we need to do this far in advance?

Well.. that's my update for now... thanks for reading!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

yay on getting your ring back early! I can't stand being without mine so I know how you feel.

I say next to the dress...the hair is the hardest thing! I have changed my mind a million times! Look at everything and try on everything. You may be surprised at things you like.

I really like the cake. I think its great how it all ties in. its very elegant.

I like the simple flower ideas. they will look so nice!

My DF is a pain when it comes to listening wedding details...however with the honeymoon he is right on board. Has your DF ever been to disney? That might be why. If he hasn't ever been or hasn't been as an adult that might be why. I got DF to go with me last December...he is obsessed now, it brought out a whole new side in him. Me and DF really love Tony's in MK it is reaaally cute and we loved it. I haven't been but we are going for our HM, California Grill is suppose to be amazing and you can see wishes from there if you time it right. They even play the wishes music. You may also want to try Cinderella's Royal table, we are extremely excited about that. I haven't been to many restaurants outside the parks...so I am bad at this but we are trying to follow the other girls recommendations. we are trying Jiko, Ohana, Citricos, Kona and Artist Point. Check out the menus on wdwinfo.com that was a great help for us.

8 month blues...haha I went through them...just about coming out of them. Its hard when theres no a TON to do....but you feel you should be doing something? It helped me to just read the boards and look at theknot.com stuff like that to get my brain flowing and then you remember stuff you forgot! haha.

Hope this helped...sorry if I babble too much

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #12
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

lol.. it's ok. Ramble on. I don't mind. I like all the input. I guess my DF hasn't been too bad with the honeymoon either.. but he isn't big on planning things like I am.. so it's ok. The worst part is trying to plan the wedding lol. He at least picked out a few things he definitely wanted to do! That definitely helped. The Coral Reef is definitely with him in mind. I'm not a big sea food person.. but he is.. and it looks like it would be a really fun and beautiful place to eat. So, I'm gonna make reservations for him.. and surprise him. He didn't think I'd choose it.

Here's a few other cakes I like.. I know I said square.. but I'm not sure.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #13
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

OMG i love that first cake! its simply stunning!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
HMC8982
Earning My Ears

I haven't updated in awhile so I thought I should catch up. I tried the other night, typed it all out...and when I clicked submit it said the website was down for maintenance and I lost it! I was so mad! lol

Well, Wednesday we picked who is going to do our cake, met, talked about flavors and prices and all that good stuff. We can't officially order it until January since our wedding isn't until June. But we are pretty sure we are going with this one..

But instead of the gum paste bow on top, we are gonna use the monogram letters...

We also picked out our wedding bands last Friday. We bought those at Kay Jewelers, same as where he got my engagement ring. We went back on Wednesday and bought mine.. but are holding off on buying his until January. They were having a great sale on the one I wanted from November 1st to Christmas, plus if you spend over $300 you get $100 in Santa Bucks for every $300 you spend.. but you can't use the Santa bucks until after January 18th I think. So, we bought mine, got the bucks and will use it towards his ring in January.. Here they are...

Mine:

His:

All he wanted was simple, big and manly.. lol

We've also decided the time of our wedding will be 1:30pm.. so that it's after lunch time. We were only gonna do a cake, punch, nuts and mints reception.. but we decided we may throw in some fruit, veggie and cheese trays.. just snacky, and an option for those who don't want cake.

We have really been jumping around with the planning... Rings to Cakes to Food at the Reception.... but we're getting it done! I'm trying to decide on centerpieces and I'm needing some help with this... I like the idea using mirrors and candles with confetti or something... but how I want to arrange them.. or what kind of candles.. I'm having trouble imagining. I've looked at pictures and I just can't find something I really like.. if anyone has any ideas or pictures or thoughts... I'd love the help!!

We sat down and picked out the activities we want to do at each park at Disney... kind of a rough draft.. but I really can't start planning it until about 6 months before since we won't be able to see the schedule for June until then. So, we're kind of at a stand still on the honeymoon planning for now.

Well, that's about it for now!!! :-) Hope everyone else is having fun planning!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #15
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

That cake is somewhat similar to mine! I went in to Publix planning on ordering a square cake that I already had picked out and saw a different one on display that was round (which I didn't want at all) but fell in love with it!

June is going to be here before you know it! Have you been to Ohana's before? That is my favorite place to eat. I wouldn't say it's romantic, but it sure is good!!!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: