Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Wyndham Bonnet Creek

There has been a few threads recently about the WBC so I took a few pics while we stayed this past week.
On the whole we really enjoyed staying there, no problems with check in but then told to go get our parking pass. We knew in advance this was just a ploy to get you to sign up to a timeshare presentation. The rep was so false, shook our hands and made tedious small talk. I said right from the start I was not interested in timeshare, I was only there for the parking pass. She eventually got the message when Matt got his phone out, Karen glazed over and I started getting a little sharp with her. Took about 10 mins. We also got a phone call halfway thru the week asking how we were enjoying our stay and we could have a free week, hung up on him after a minute.

For anyone who spends time in the resort the facilities looked really good, numerous pools, 2 lazy rivers, lots of activities going on, unfortunately for us it is wasted, no idea how anyone finds the time, the whole week we only spent 30 mins in a lazy river one day(only found that time by being a little late to MNSSHP)

Location is fantastic for a Disney holiday, unfortunately we were not doing a Disney holiday, apart from MNSSHP and 1 hour at DTD we didn't do anything Disney related. For us LBV is a better location.

Really like having the full sized American fridge with ice maker, great having food blender to make our own icee drinks and frozen cocktails, washer dryer came in very handy after a 14 night cruise. On the other hand making our bed each day and not having the trash removed is a big downside for us.

We had a really good week there and would recommend to anyone but it has a lot of facilities we don't use, £70/nt for a 2 bed villa is a great rate if you use it all but we had just as good a time at the Hilton Garden Inn LBV for £40/nt in July.

One final thing I did not like was the staff walking around did not speak(mainly maintenance), for example at somewhere like Hilton Garden Inn from entering to leaving every member of staff from reception to room cleaners to pool staff they all say "hello" or "how are you today" etc, at WBC they just stared to us, no interaction at all, best we got was a grunt or a grumble.

Inside first:

• 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Outside:

• 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
BigMommaMouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks Wayne, I enjoyed the write up and the photos.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
crazydecorator
Earning My Ears

Thanks this is very useful!
crazydecorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Thanks Wayne, starting to plan for WDW 2015, looking at options for 5 adults nice to see Pics of the two bedroom.

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

So glad you liked BC, you know I am a big fan having spent six separate trips there. So relieved you liked it after saying nice things about it all these years. Just wanted to let others know that there is absolutely no need to even pick up a parking pass. We haven't bothered for last two trips, total of 40 nights and never had an issue. You only need key to get in the front gate but to be honest after the first couple of times of coming and going the lady at the front gate remembered us and just waved us in..
We spend a fair amount of time at the pools and joining in the activities and have to say all the activities staff, bar staff etc have always been super friendly. Our safe was faulty for first time ever this year and the maintenance guy was great, he fixed it an even called a few days later to check if everything was ok which I thought was a nice touch.
I always say this but surprised BC has never caught on with the English. Did you hear/ see any other English people there. Also, just interested what building you were in.
We are hoping to be back for 24 nights next year along with brothers and best friends family. We are not buying Disney tickets and we all plan to spend more time relaxing and enjoying resort. Although we say that every year and always end up going to too many parks.
Would love to do a Disney cruise like you but husband refuses to go as doesn't like the thought of not being able to see land. Oh well one day I might persuade him.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

I have read there is no need to collect parking pass but I did see a car being towed out on the first day. Maybe it had broken down, I have no idea but for sake of a few mins I would probably get a pass again to be sure.

We were in tower 1.

Only spent 30 mins around the resort, saw maybe 3 or 4 families, all American. few we saw going in and out the lifts were also all American but saw very few people. First time we have been in Sept, Universal, IOA, SW & Busch almost everything walk on, just the HP stuff with longer lines(although I didn't go in there, just Karen & Matt with press tickets, I wasn't paying $145 to join them)

I really would try get him to do a cruise, we never wanted to do one, just couldn't imagine enjoying it but now done 7 Disney & 2 RCCL. We enjoy them more than the parks.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

I am taking my mum on Cunards Queen Mary next year but what I really want to do is a Disney Caribbean Cruise with a stop at castaway cay. I know my husband would love it if he gave it a try. He said our son and I should go on the one in the Med and I thought great, until I saw the price. So expensive compared to Florida.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Old 09-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #9
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

By the looks of things they have upgraded the condo Wayne as we were also in Tower 1 a few years back.

By contrast our condo was dark, dinghy and musty smelling, as was the corridor outside.

The staff by the parking pass desk were rude when we told them we did no want to go to a timeshare talk and as we had booked an exchange we were not obliged to do so.

We actually only paid £169 for a week in August as it was a timeshare exchange (we checked out after 5 nights partly because there was a disgusting smell of sewerage and when we mentioned it they looked at us as if we were from Mars!).

We wouldnt stay there again: like you we much prefer LBV area and IMO the standard of hotels and condos there has been higher.
mossyflossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #10
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Hi Wayne,
Welcome home!!!!
Mixed feeling about WBC? Shame about time-share saga
You should have mentioned that you are a Mod on UK DIS. The risk of a bit of publicity in the wrong direction usually does the trick
As you know, we stay across the way at Hilton and so have only seen WBC from a distance. We like this location as a chill out before hitting Disney, as it is sooooo quiet. Did you pay for parking or was that included? Hilton, like Universal, rip you off with a daily fee.
Could do with a tram line being built from BC to DTD.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:07 AM   #11
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

No fee for parking, hope they never introduce one, would be surprised if they did.
If you really want to get the parking pass (I dont bother anymore) a good tip I heard is to tick the lowest income bracket on the form and if possible, only one of you go up and say your husband or wife not coming for a few days. They won't do a tour unless both of you there and able to sign on that dotted line. I have never done a tour and in 6 visits have only had one call to the room per visit. I just tell them I am already a DVC member (I'm not but it gets them off the phone pretty quickly) and that this is just an extra visit before going onto Saratoga Springs.
I really have never had any issues atall there and I really love it, wont stay anywhere else now.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #12
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
I am taking my mum on Cunards Queen Mary next year but what I really want to do is a Disney Caribbean Cruise with a stop at castaway cay. I know my husband would love it if he gave it a try. He said our son and I should go on the one in the Med and I thought great, until I saw the price. So expensive compared to Florida.
We priced up a 12 night DCL cruise from Dover next summer, same cabin as we just had for the WBTA, they wanted a bargain $19,000 for 3 of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
By the looks of things they have upgraded the condo Wayne as we were also in Tower 1 a few years back.

By contrast our condo was dark, dinghy and musty smelling, as was the corridor outside.

The staff by the parking pass desk were rude when we told them we did no want to go to a timeshare talk and as we had booked an exchange we were not obliged to do so.

We actually only paid £169 for a week in August as it was a timeshare exchange (we checked out after 5 nights partly because there was a disgusting smell of sewerage and when we mentioned it they looked at us as if we were from Mars!).

We wouldnt stay there again: like you we much prefer LBV area and IMO the standard of hotels and condos there has been higher.
I had no problem with cleanliness so maybe they have been upgraded since your visit.
Main thing for me was we were paying for a nice resort with good facilities but not really using it all. Having 2 bathrooms does make things a little easier on a morning, the big fridge, washer and blender were a bonus but can live without.
Very happy with our stay there, just not sure its worth almost double a nice room at the Hilton Garden Inn LBV. If you use WBC to its full potential then its worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISWolves View Post
Hi Wayne,
Welcome home!!!!
Mixed feeling about WBC? Shame about time-share saga
You should have mentioned that you are a Mod on UK DIS. The risk of a bit of publicity in the wrong direction usually does the trick
As you know, we stay across the way at Hilton and so have only seen WBC from a distance. We like this location as a chill out before hitting Disney, as it is sooooo quiet. Did you pay for parking or was that included? Hilton, like Universal, rip you off with a daily fee.
Could do with a tram line being built from BC to DTD.
I did mention to the Hilton Garden Inn I was a DIS mod before I arrived in July, do you think that helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
No fee for parking, hope they never introduce one, would be surprised if they did.
If you really want to get the parking pass (I dont bother anymore) a good tip I heard is to tick the lowest income bracket on the form and if possible, only one of you go up and say your husband or wife not coming for a few days. They won't do a tour unless both of you there and able to sign on that dotted line. I have never done a tour and in 6 visits have only had one call to the room per visit. I just tell them I am already a DVC member (I'm not but it gets them off the phone pretty quickly) and that this is just an extra visit before going onto Saratoga Springs.
I really have never had any issues atall there and I really love it, wont stay anywhere else now.
Never got any form to tick boxes.
I did mention to her I doubt we would have a big enough income to qualify, she sarcastically said "I don't think so If you can afford a trip to Florida & a cruise"
I seriously doubt we have a big enough income anyway, most of our trips are funded from investments these days our income is so low.
The timeshare issue was nothing to concern me, I get hassled with telesales every day of the week(three mobile just rang while typing this), its just something people need to be prepared for on arrival.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:56 AM   #13
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Yes definitely a resort for people who are not at the parks every day and like a little down time. Luckily my son loves to join in so we have had a lot of fun there over the years taking part in all the activities. Its also nice if you are there with other people as you really can just sit, relax and chat by the pool all day, grab some lunch, swim etc.
You've probably guessed but I can't wait to go back.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #14
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

We're actually thinking due to such a hike in onsite prices and the fact I'm now happy to drive,that we will split stay between here and onsite so we can have the best of both,doing ddp ans Akl and saving money by doing a wk here!

What was the sorts of activities for kids as mine love pool time and the activities by the pool that disney do.

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:39 AM   #15
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
We're actually thinking due to such a hike in onsite prices and the fact I'm now happy to drive,that we will split stay between here and onsite so we can have the best of both,doing ddp ans Akl and saving money by doing a wk here!

What was the sorts of activities for kids as mine love pool time and the activities by the pool that disney do.
PDF here with current activities https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffrweb...etCreek_AG.pdf

List of amenities http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/amenities.aspx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: