Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Disney World costume?
Cinderella 311 20.76%
Belle (yellow) 312 20.83%
Aurora 122 8.14%
Jasmine 119 7.94%
Snow White 160 10.68%
Minnie Mouse 128 8.54%
Alice 98 6.54%
Pocahontas 32 2.14%
Ariel Mermaid 49 3.27%
Areil Ball Gown 86 5.74%
Holday Belle (red) 188 12.55%
White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses) 87 5.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1498. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #16
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie M6 View Post
Thanks for the fantastic pictures! This helped DD decide which dress she wants. DO you happen to know if the red holiday Belle dress available on Disney Shopping is good quality/ not itchy?
Look through my Trip Report (link at the bottom). If that is the one you see on DSO then YES it is the most amazing dress. It's a rich velvet and is wide at the bottom. It's one of my favorite dresses ever! One of my friends is listing all of her old dresses on ebay. I think theirs was a 5/6. She had this same one. It was a deluxe dress when it came out in '06. It's not real itchy. My DD wore hers for about 4-5 hours and never mumbled a word. She's usually sensitive to the itchy laces and decorations. The one from Disney is beautiful too but it's not that pretty!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #17
OneTreeHillAddict

Oops

All of you who sent me PM's earlier today...I made a typo. The end of the name, last two things were supposed to be 4U not U4. Sorry.

Any questions...just ask.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #18
mcm_momma
Earning My Ears

Thank you sooooo much for doing this.

Feb. 2007---ASMu Family Suites
Feb. 2009---Poly
mcm_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
We had the cheapest package but we were still were able to go over to the photo spot in the building near the sports shop and get my DD's pictures taken. I bought a small package of pictures and I think they were between $30 to $40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
We've had pictures made of the whole family at DTD before. You should not have a problem having her picture made....if you go when it's "slow" it's better! They'll take more pictures then. (At least this has been my personal experience)
Thank you both for the info. I've prepaid for my photopass, so I'm really trying to get the best bang for my buck!

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
mamaLori05
DIS Veteran

Thank-you soo much for taking the time to do this for us!! The pictures are amazing! You show the detail of the dresses sooo well. You make it soo much easier to see what there is to choose from! Thanks again!!
mamaLori05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
Minnie M6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Look through my Trip Report (link at the bottom). If that is the one you see on DSO then YES it is the most amazing dress. It's a rich velvet and is wide at the bottom. It's one of my favorite dresses ever! One of my friends is listing all of her old dresses on ebay. I think theirs was a 5/6. She had this same one. It was a deluxe dress when it came out in '06. It's not real itchy. My DD wore hers for about 4-5 hours and never mumbled a word. She's usually sensitive to the itchy laces and decorations. The one from Disney is beautiful too but it's not that pretty!
Too funny- I followed the link to your trip report, and noticed that I had actually commented on your daughter's red Belle dress in your TR! I love your trip report- so many pictures. And this thread is fantastic!

Unfortunately, I don't think the dress I see on Disney Shopping is the same one your daughter has. It's on clearance for 19.99, but they only have XXS. I'll watch ebay. DD is 7, turns 9 in October, but she is very tall for her age and will likely need a size 10, since costumes usually run smaller than clothes.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie M6 View Post
Too funny- I followed the link to your trip report, and noticed that I had actually commented on your daughter's red Belle dress in your TR! I love your trip report- so many pictures. And this thread is fantastic!

Unfortunately, I don't think the dress I see on Disney Shopping is the same one your daughter has. It's on clearance for 19.99, but they only have XXS. I'll watch ebay. DD is 7, turns 9 in October, but she is very tall for her age and will likely need a size 10, since costumes usually run smaller than clothes.
Small World. This costume runs true to size so yeah...get the 10. Good Luck finding it..here's some pixie dust for you!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #23
julm26
Mouseketeer

just to let you all know - the OP said that the dresses at Target do not look at all like the dresses you get at the Disney store. Well I got one of the Belle dresses at Target and brought it over to my friends house that has a Belle Dress from the Disney Store. There is absolutely no difference. The tag in my Target BElle Dress is a disney tag. I paid $15.00 compared to $40.00.
April 2013 - Disneyland here we come!

Me DH DD(8)
julm26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #24
mamaLori05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julm26 View Post
just to let you all know - the OP said that the dresses at Target do not look at all like the dresses you get at the Disney store. Well I got one of the Belle dresses at Target and brought it over to my friends house that has a Belle Dress from the Disney Store. There is absolutely no difference. The tag in my Target BElle Dress is a disney tag. I paid $15.00 compared to $40.00.
I've seen the two dresses also and there is a difference. The back of the target dress is open with velcro closures, and the material is different in the back. The disney ones do not have any opening in the back and the dressier material goes all the way around. IMO, the target dresses ARE much cheaper in quality.
mamaLori05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #25
gabbyrosebud

I'm a big character nut

Oh my goodness! You were right, The Ariel dress is gorgeous! I think I'm going to have to get it now. I'm going to need a separate suitcase for the gowns I want my DD to wear.

Oct. 2006-Finally a WL Vet and MNSSHP Dec. 2008-WL for the holidays and MVMCP
gabbyrosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #26
OneTreeHillAddict

Just a note...the dresses sold at Discount Stores only fit a certain size as well. Usually between 3-5 years old. There's nothing wrong with those dresses if you choose to use one. They're adorable. But they are not made like the ones you buy at WDW or the ones sold at the Disney Store.

And FYI....I only pay 29.99 for my WDW dresses! I'm a bargain hunter as well!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #27
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyrosebud View Post
Oh my goodness! You were right, The Ariel dress is gorgeous! I think I'm going to have to get it now. I'm going to need a separate suitcase for the gowns I want my DD to wear.
There is nothing wrong with that! Pack her dress up trunk and have a wonderful trip!!!

They grow up way too fast, enjoy it now!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #28
justice4all
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all your hard work taking pictures for us, OP. Could you please PM me the name of your Ebay seller? I am new to the boards and don't have enough posts to PM you. I have an appointment for my daughter in Sept. and want her to have a dress before then because I know it would take her FOREVER to decide at BBB. :-)

Thanks!
justice4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #29
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice4all View Post
Thanks so much for all your hard work taking pictures for us, OP. Could you please PM me the name of your Ebay seller? I am new to the boards and don't have enough posts to PM you. I have an appointment for my daughter in Sept. and want her to have a dress before then because I know it would take her FOREVER to decide at BBB. :-)

Thanks!
Sent it.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #30
OneTreeHillAddict

New Stuff Added!

Wanted to let ya'll know I updated the first post. Added pictures of the make-up kit, the Mickey bow, the boys hairstyles, and some pictures of the brochures we were given. If you look you'll see BBB used to start at $35! That was in Summer of '06! Anyway, take another look at that. I also added pictures of the portrait folder too. This is one we were given in Summer of 2006. Enjoy!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: