Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #1
ACJT
Mouseketeer

Festiva Parade and Wishes FP+ strategy

Will I have to plan on getting these right at 60 days? I never see them available at 30 days. What are others strategies ?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
ACJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACJT View Post
Will I have to plan on getting these right at 60 days? I never see them available at 30 days. What are others strategies ?

It was only recently that these FPs started being available at 60 or even 30 days out. Unless these are super-high priorities for your group to see, I recommend skipping both of them for FPs. Neither is tough to see without a FP. More information can be found in the green link in my signature.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
ACJT
Mouseketeer

We were able to FP both of these when doing a trial test. Worth their weight in gold for our family as we have a autistic son. Being able to have a prime spot reserved (no staking out a spot an hour ahead),lots of space = priceless.

ACJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
We were able to FP both of these when doing a trial test. Worth their weight in gold for our family as we have a autistic son. Being able to have a prime spot reserved (no staking out a spot an hour ahead),lots of space = priceless.

Then plan on trying for them at 60 days.

I have never had trouble getting a spot for Wishes from wherever I wanted even 15-20 minutes before. Same goes for almost any parade when viewed in Frontierland about 30 minutes before. The FPs for parades especially still require you to show up at least that early for something near the curb. Hence my recommendation to skip them--this "hour ahead" stuff is exaggeration repeated by many. If you want to use them for the location they afford (which for Wishes isn't all that great anyway), go ahead. But they are not saving you any appreciable time.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

I did my selections this week. Right at midnight when my window opened, I was unable to get MSEP or Wishes for the first 5 days of my trip (3 showings, due to MNSSHP). I was surprised that could get Elsa and Anna, but not MSEP. This was the last week of Sept/first week of October.

If it is a priority for your family, I'd suggest planning your MSEP/Wishes later in the trip.
'84, '92-Beach Club, '97-DTD Hotel, 2005-POP, 2008-AKL/Poly, 2009-CR MK view, 2010-AKV-Kidani 2 BR, March 2012-ASMo, Sept 2012-Bonnet Creek 4 BR Presidential, 2013-Disney Magic 4n Western, Disney Wonder 7n Bahamian
Aggiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
Wdwvacationdad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
I did my selections this week. Right at midnight when my window opened, I was unable to get MSEP or Wishes for the first 5 days of my trip (3 showings, due to MNSSHP). I was surprised that could get Elsa and Anna, but not MSEP. This was the last week of Sept/first week of October.

If it is a priority for your family, I'd suggest planning your MSEP/Wishes later in the trip.
We're going the same week...and it's INCREDIBLY frustrating to see no availability for things like MSEP and A&E before our 60-day window even opens. For the last few months, I've been looking forward to FP+, dismissing all the naysayers....but I feel like this 60+10 is a ridiculous system. Why not 60 days out? Give everyone an equal shot if they're paying a premium to stay on-site...
Wdwvacationdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #7
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdwvacationdad View Post
We're going the same week...and it's INCREDIBLY frustrating to see no availability for things like MSEP and A&E before our 60-day window even opens. For the last few months, I've been looking forward to FP+, dismissing all the naysayers....but I feel like this 60+10 is a ridiculous system. Why not 60 days out? Give everyone an equal shot if they're paying a premium to stay on-site...
What are your dates? As of just now, A&E is available on Oct 3 still. Haven't checked others.mI was able to get A&E 4, 7, 8-11 days into our trip. The earlier days were more limited, but they were still options. The MSEP and Wishes are going to be much more limited because of the party nights. Like it or not, they reward people who stay longer and spend more money. It's always been that way with ADRs and I don't see it changing soon.

Edited-just checked and all three are still available for sept 30 and Oct 1 too.
'84, '92-Beach Club, '97-DTD Hotel, 2005-POP, 2008-AKL/Poly, 2009-CR MK view, 2010-AKV-Kidani 2 BR, March 2012-ASMo, Sept 2012-Bonnet Creek 4 BR Presidential, 2013-Disney Magic 4n Western, Disney Wonder 7n Bahamian
Aggiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
Wdwvacationdad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
What are your dates? As of just now, A&E is available on Oct 3 still. Haven't checked others.mI was able to get A&E 4, 7, 8-11 days into our trip. The earlier days were more limited, but they were still options. The MSEP and Wishes are going to be much more limited because of the party nights. Like it or not, they reward people who stay longer and spend more money. It's always been that way with ADRs and I don't see it changing soon.

Edited-just checked and all three are still available for sept 30 and Oct 1 too.

Thanks for checking
Our first night is Sept 27-- 8 day trip. That's not exactly a short trip-- and we're doing it in the slowest month of the year. I totally understand the limits because of all the party nights. I know FP+ has been debated like crazy around here, but I really think it's creating a class system... I'm paying a premium to stay on-site which give me an advantage over off-site...but now I'm losing out to people who stay longer than 8 days? Might as well just charge for the passes.

Hoping I still have a chance to reserve a spot. Even if we DO get the FP, I think the system is flawed at the core (this coming from someone who's been pro-FP since the day I heard about it)
Wdwvacationdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #9
Aurora0427
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Will I have to plan on getting these right at 60 days? I never see them available at 30 days. What are others strategies ? Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I did our fast passes late for our last trip, maybe within 45 days, and never saw either pop up, so they were sold out. I'd do them at 60 days, just in case. I am for our December trip!
Aurora0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #10
dkrauss
Goofy Fan from Jersey

When our 60 day came up last week, we were fortunate enough to get a Festival of Fantasy FP for our 4th day (2nd at MK). Was told it was a tough get so very excited, more for the location since we have 7DMT just before the parade.

We've found parade spots are hit and miss........depending on where you are when the parade kicks off.........this FP puts us in a definitive location.........I like that

Doug
Old 07-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #11
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdwvacationdad View Post
Thanks for checking
Our first night is Sept 27-- 8 day trip. That's not exactly a short trip-- and we're doing it in the slowest month of the year. I totally understand the limits because of all the party nights. I know FP+ has been debated like crazy around here, but I really think it's creating a class system... I'm paying a premium to stay on-site which give me an advantage over off-site...but now I'm losing out to people who stay longer than 8 days? Might as well just charge for the passes.

Hoping I still have a chance to reserve a spot. Even if we DO get the FP, I think the system is flawed at the core (this coming from someone who's been pro-FP since the day I heard about it)
Early September is considered a slow time. But with MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival in full swing, anything after Sept. 19 will be much busier than earlier in the month.

Also, for the MSEP and Wishes FP+ reservations, there are far fewer showings during party season, so those might become the toughest "get" because of the scarcity.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: