Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #106
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Great update!! Looks like you did a great job with the party! Good job mom.

We don't have b-days that close together, but my b-day is in October, my DD Noelle's is in Nov, DS Adam's is in Dec, and DH Ruben's is in Jan, so we have four right in a row! Plus throw in Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and that is one busy and EXPENSIVE time of year for us. LOL

The TSMM ride is awesome! I love the graphics so much better then Buzz. We lucked out and were able to go when they had the preview. I think we only waited about 15 minutes max. and went on it more then once.
I heard stories of when it first opened to the public, people were waiting HOURS, some over 5 hours in line!!!

OH, you asked on another TR about how to update your title. Just go to your first post and click on the bottom part that says EDIT. Then click on the tab that says Advanced Edit. From there you will see your title and you can delete things and add things as needed and then just save it.
Hope that helps!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 AM   #107
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I love your update!! IT'S ABOUT TIME ~~~

Mmmmmmmm that margarita looks yummy. I'll have to try one when I'm there.

I'm so excited to ride the new Toy Story Ride, I just hope the ride isn't too long. Like I said I don't wait in lines over 30mins. Especially with 3 toddlers!

When we hit Vegas I'm tempted to try the rides on top of the stratosphere. We'll see if I actually have the guts or not, some of them look really scary.

That birthday party sure looked like it was a hit. Good JOB!!

I hope you will try the Big Shot you will NOT regret it! ... it doesn't "look" that scary.. the other two rides hang out over the SIDE OF THE BUILDING IN MID AIR Now that's scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Great update!! Looks like you did a great job with the party! Good job mom.

We don't have b-days that close together, but my b-day is in October, my DD Noelle's is in Nov, DS Adam's is in Dec, and DH Ruben's is in Jan, so we have four right in a row! Plus throw in Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and that is one busy and EXPENSIVE time of year for us. LOL

The TSMM ride is awesome! I love the graphics so much better then Buzz. We lucked out and were able to go when they had the preview. I think we only waited about 15 minutes max. and went on it more then once.
I heard stories of when it first opened to the public, people were waiting HOURS, some over 5 hours in line!!!

OH, you asked on another TR about how to update your title. Just go to your first post and click on the bottom part that says EDIT. Then click on the tab that says Advanced Edit. From there you will see your title and you can delete things and add things as needed and then just save it.
Hope that helps!
Thanks for the help... I added the "updated" title today! No wonder you like the Halloween... it kicks off Birthday season! LOL We were thinking about it and with all the holiday/birthday activity throughout the year it seems like we are always having one feast or another.. not so great on the waistline.

I have serious plans on joining that weight loss dis board when things settle down a bit over here. I think next week might be a good time.

Thanks for reading you guys!

Melissa

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #108
travelmel

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember

Last edited by travelmel; 08-11-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #109
kmab00
DIS Veteran

I'm only on page four but I'm reading and getting caught up! Thanks for letting me know about your trip report!! I'm LOVING it!!!! Great pictures...I love the one on Big Thunder...really cool!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #110
kmab00
DIS Veteran

I also didn't know that VMK is closed!! lol! I used to play all the time. I guess you can tell I haven't signed on lately!!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #111
nat1234
Mouseketeer

I just finished catching up on your TR. So far it sounds wonderful. Your daughters looked like they were having a really great time.

nat1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 AM   #112
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post
I just finished catching up on your TR. So far it sounds wonderful. Your daughters looked like they were having a really great time.
Hi! Welcome! Thanks for reading ... updates are a little slow as I've been trying to take it easy on my carpal tunnel

But I will definitely get to it soon. I see you're a WDW person.. have you been to DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmab00 View Post
I'm only on page four but I'm reading and getting caught up! Thanks for letting me know about your trip report!! I'm LOVING it!!!! Great pictures...I love the one on Big Thunder...really cool!
Hey there! I'm glad you stopped by! I loved your TR.. so many great pictures! You really know how to document a trip! And because you talked about Spartangirls being your impudis (SP??) I'm going to go check out hers, too! So far I've noticed her pics are really spectacular.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #113
nat1234
Mouseketeer

In fact, my kids and I went to WDW for the first time last August. It was wonderful, so my youngest daughter and myself are going back next year to see the stuff we missed the first time. And yes, I have been to Disneyland once about nine years ago. My husband had to go to California on business and I got to go with him. I dragged him to Disneyland for a day. I really wished that I could have gone for longer. That's one of the reasons that I like to read about TR to Disneyland. We live in Ontario, so Florida is closer to us.
Natalie

Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #114
travelmel

My cousin (the one whose wedding pictures are on page 1 of this TR) just married a Canadian!

I grew up in So Cal and we went to DL quite a bit. Back then it was free to get in and rides were a seperate "ticket" price per ride!

One of these days I'd love to dig up some old photo's... just gotta find 'em

Hope to see your TR here someday.. I love comparrison (land/world) works.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #115
nat1234
Mouseketeer

After reading some of the TR's here, I'm not sure I would be able to report to such high standards. All of you have set the bar really high. Your reports have been really fun to read and your pictures are awsome. I'll have to wait and see if I get brave enough.
Natalie

Old 08-16-2008, 03:00 AM   #116
travelmel

Thanks for the compliment! What I did was try and write as though it were my own journal. I think of it as scrapbooking without the clever cut-outs

I'm sure yours will be GREAT!

I've got to get back to it but my hands are almost crippled (I'm a dental hygienist) from too much typing. I'm going to try and get a different keyboard with a touchpad... then I'll be back!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #117
heatherleigh
DIS Veteran

I would never get on that Stratosphere ride in a million years! It looks so scary. I'm deathly afraid of heights, so I know I couldn't do it. We lived in LV several yrs ago, and I had a couple friends ride, but I didn't even go up there. You guys are brave!
AK Trip Report 6/10: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2501164
heatherleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #118
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm finally checking in! I'm loving your TR so far! Hey! I love your shirts!We got alot of recognition from CMs for ours - glad you did too!

Looks like you had a stellar DIS day your first day. A little planning goes a long way at DL. I love that the rides are all there, but only spread over 2 parks, and I love the close proximity to off-park dining, although it would be nice to have more TS choices and a dining plan when staying on property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Yes, it's the Jazz Cafe. Oops...I didn't write the full name.
I would say the Mimi's is about 30 mins away. Everything in Atlanta is always a "drive" away. LOL. But a lot of people do rave about the food there. I do want to try new things. Have you ever been to In n Out Burger? Read about here on the dis. Any suggestions would be great, too.

We want to visit Newport Beach. I know I sound stingy but I only planned one non-disney day! I want to go to Sprinkles (cupcake place) and get some treats. LOL. I am waiting on them to open one here in Atlanta. (sprinklescupcakes dot com). No, I don't work for their advertising dept.

I will be sure to let you know about the ptr.
In N Out is a must do for our family when we visit California! We love that the fries are homemade and the simplicity of the menu! Order your burgers "animal style" - You get special sauce, grilled onions and all the fixin's! You can also order your fries "animal style" and eat them with a fork. Kind of like chili fries only with sauce and grilled onions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
You are so lucky to have taken that tour.. when we heard about it we were ULTRA excited! It's really lame that they took it away.. it was SO beautiful! The brass tries to make it sound like it was a part time venture but that was TOO much work for part time. There were some interesting articles on the Motley Fool that talked about how bad of a decision it was.

If you have any pics related to the tour, let me know! Is there a TR??

In N Out is ONLY hamburgers, fries, and shakes/drinks.. just to warn you. My husband doesn't eat beef and it was TOUGH to get into the parking lot and crowded etc just to find out there was no food for him! The hamburger's are OK.. definitely get a double-double as the patties are paper thin. They're more of phenonmenon for their bumper sticker, I think!

As for a tasty fast food treat, we enjoyed the Fat Burger fries quite a bit! Also, El Pollo Loco is fun (and somewhat healthy due to roasted chicken options) choice for a different take on mexican.

Ummm.... Sonic Burger has some tasty Onion Rings and any kind of flavored drink you could POSSIBLY imagine up.

My girls LOVED LOVED LOVED the beach! I would highly recommend a day in the Pacific Ocean. Unfortunately, the waves don't accept PS arrangements and sometimes they don't play nice for the one day you have to visit... but we had a great time splashin in fairly calm and (eventually) warm surf. Well, warm compared to Pacific Northwest water.. not warm compared to Mexico. But do-able for sure.

And don't forget... Knott's Berry Farm!! Check it out..it's totally cool.
We love the beach, too! We love Huntington Beach - it is only a short straight drive from DLR. In fact, we had In N Out at Huntington Beach this year! It was a TWO-fer!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #119
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm finally checking in! I'm loving your TR so far! Hey! I love your shirts!We got alot of recognition from CMs for ours - glad you did too!

Looks like you had a stellar DIS day your first day. A little planning goes a long way at DL. I love that the rides are all there, but only spread over 2 parks, and I love the close proximity to off-park dining, although it would be nice to have more TS choices and a dining plan when staying on property.

In N Out is a must do for our family when we visit California! We love that the fries are homemade and the simplicity of the menu! Order your burgers "animal style" - You get special sauce, grilled onions and all the fixin's! You can also order your fries "animal style" and eat them with a fork. Kind of like chili fries only with sauce and grilled onions.

We love the beach, too! We love Huntington Beach - it is only a short straight drive from DLR. In fact, we had In N Out at Huntington Beach this year! It was a TWO-fer!
Thanks for coming by! It's funny when you're reading other TR's you get the link for MORE TR's in the quotes/replies then you read THEIR TR's and it's just a big circular TR love fest! LOL

I didn't know InNOut offered chili and the likes... My friends aunt actually started that business! She has a nice house, I've heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherleigh View Post
I would never get on that Stratosphere ride in a million years! It looks so scary. I'm deathly afraid of heights, so I know I couldn't do it. We lived in LV several yrs ago, and I had a couple friends ride, but I didn't even go up there. You guys are brave!
It is such a great rush! I absolutely love it... I also rode that thing that looks like it's going to drive off the edge AND The roller coaster (which may be gone now).. all were cool but NONE as cool as the Big Shot

I also lived in Vegas several years ago... back in 1997. We lived near Arizona Charlies (on decatur). It was alltogether TOO HOT there! I am grumpy in the heat! LOL But my littlest girl was born there and if you ask her where she was born she used to say, "BAGAS BAYBEE!"

Last edited by travelmel; 08-22-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #120
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post

I grew up in So Cal and we went to DL quite a bit. Back then it was free to get in and rides were a seperate "ticket" price per ride!

One of these days I'd love to dig up some old photo's... just gotta find 'em
You are SO old school!! hehe I remember the books to and going home with a few extra a and b tickets.

And yes, please find some of your old DL pics from awhile ago.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: