Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #91
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

LOVING this Trip Report!!! The video of your daughter dancing at the wedding was SO CUTE! Now THAT is a girl after my own heart! Sally's too...Sally danced in her little bare feet at our wedding until she couldn't dance anymore.

in honor of your lovely wedding pictures...here is one of mine with Sally and Jay! Those little bare feet always make me get sniffly! (i hope you don't mind that I posted a pic on your TR!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oybolshoi View Post

You know that people will only throw you beads in NOLA when you flash them, right? For some reason at WDW I always end up with free booze or dessert ... I'm not complaining but I do find the differences interesting.
I know right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oybolshoi View Post
"the girls gloved it."

I probably have the wrong reference but I busted a gut when I read that because it reminded me of the blue meanies from Yellow Submarine. I often like to weird out my husband when we're cooking by donning the oven mits and cooing silly things like, "Gooooooood Glove," and, "I Glooooove you," and so on and so forth.
Sally and Teddy love this movie too...it scares the peawaddin outta me! The Blue Meanies FREAKED ME OUT! I did like the bunny with the big rear end and the big nose though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Just a quick picture post with classic comparrison shots through the years...

Storybook Canal Flashbacks..

Summer 2008

Summer 2007

And the one that started it all... Winter 2004

We loves us some scary mansions!

This trip..

Last summer...

And wholley crap she's cute...
SOOOO cute!!! Gosh they grow up quick don't they?!

Quote:
It is at the time where I will share a mother moment: My first trip to DL with my kid(S) was ALL set to be the experience of a lifetime (though I didn't take any pictures, apparently). However, my little one was sort of a Donald Duck on a bad day EVERYDAY
ummm okay so you make the comparison to Donald Duck like it's a BAD thing...

This is great so far!!! Thanks so so much for sharing your wedding pictures! The Tivo cake was so flippin cool!!! I love that kind of "inside joke" detail. It's perfect! I love that you had a Groom's Cake. Groom's Cakes are always part of Southern Weddings, but a lot of other people in the country don't have them or even know what they are!

I actually did my undergrad and first Post Grad in Oregon! (That's Ore-GUN, not Ore-GONE! Everyone one the East Coast says OreGONE...children are taught songs about the states that HINGE on the mispronunciation of Oregon! )

YAY!!! Can't wait for more!!!!

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #92
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
YAY!!! Can't wait for more!!!!

OMG, a celebrity! Over here.. On my little ole TR!! I have my two idols as readers... now I really have to be on my game!

Note to self: sit up straight... cut and paste all future posts to Microsoft word and do "spell/grammar" check.. CHECK!

Keepin' me on my toes.

Thanks for stopping by MissCammie!

And thank you for sharing your no-shoe wedding photo! Too, TOO cute. That's alot of dress you had there. I am a big fan of alotta dress.

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #93
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
MadiMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #94
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

I absolutely loved your wedding photos!!!!!! What a gorgeous and FUN wedding! I also love the necklaces you had made for your daughters!!

You can go off topic anytime!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #95
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG, a celebrity! Over here.. On my little ole TR!! I have my two idols as readers... now I really have to be on my game!

Note to self: sit up straight... cut and paste all future posts to Microsoft word and do "spell/grammar" check.. CHECK!

Keepin' me on my toes.

Thanks for stopping by MissCammie!

And thank you for sharing your no-shoe wedding photo! Too, TOO cute. That's alot of dress you had there. I am a big fan of alotta dress.
celebrity? Moi? *no pictures please*

Yes ma'am...it certainly was ALOTTA dress! A whole lotta dress! I'm a Southern girl after all!!!

can't wait to read the rest!!!

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #96
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
celebrity? Moi? *no pictures please*

Yes ma'am...it certainly was ALOTTA dress! A whole lotta dress! I'm a Southern girl after all!!!

can't wait to read the rest!!!

BTW.. I love that you happened to have a handy pic from your wedding w/o a face! You totally remind me of the neighbor from Tool Time with Tim Taylor. So now in my mind you're a girl Wilson with Annie Pott's voice.

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #97
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I absolutely loved your wedding photos!!!!!! What a gorgeous and FUN wedding! I also love the necklaces you had made for your daughters!!

You can go off topic anytime!
thanks! Hey, did you notice I started a new thread on the disneyland main page of threads that is for Vintage home pics of DL?? Of course I can't find any of mine... but you should post yours! They're so cool!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #98
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He's got to be the best looking Jack Sparrow I have seen at DL yet! At this angle he looks a lot like Johnny Depp. Mighty fine.

Oh and BTW, very nice report. Thanks for sharing! You have a beautiful family.

Last edited by mariezp; 07-30-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #99
dalepool
Member of Poopie's AK mini-meet
Owner of glow in the dark earrings

Oh, My Gosh the Clips made you look regal. I have never been fond of veils myself but what your Fairy GodMother did with the tulle and clips is wonderful. So convenient to Just remove for dancing. I think if more brides to be saw this --well you might have a hit on your hands. I admire polite children as they are children and I adore husbands that just want to make their wife happy.

This was a fun easy to read TR.

(You must share the quick way to get to subs at rope drop I promise not to tell anyone -- Promise

Patty
Old 08-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #100
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalepool View Post
Oh, My Gosh the Clips made you look regal. I have never been fond of veils myself but what your Fairy GodMother did with the tulle and clips is wonderful. So convenient to Just remove for dancing. I think if more brides to be saw this --well you might have a hit on your hands. I admire polite children as they are children and I adore husbands that just want to make their wife happy.

This was a fun easy to read TR.

(You must share the quick way to get to subs at rope drop I promise not to tell anyone -- Promise

Patty
Hi Patty!
Thanks for the nice comments.... I'm glad the wedding pics were a hit with everybody!

I'm actually not done with this TR... I have the rest of day 2 and also some San Diego stuff to add. Unfortunately, my fingers/thumb have been hurting me lately so I'm laying low on the typing (not that you can tell from all the posting I do on other threads!)

I'll be back, though!!

Whooops... PS; THe SUBS: IT woudl seem that you would want to go through tomorrow land to get to them but you actually enter a little further passed tomorrowland to the right of the matterhorn ... just follow the crowds and the cast members will direct you, too! It wasn't as big of a secret as I had hoped. ROFL

Old 08-01-2008, 02:11 AM   #101
Just2DisneyKids
Mouseketeer

Just found you via Miss Cammie's pre-trippie and thought I'd take a peek! We have recently become Disneyland people (moving from the East coast to Vegas will do that to a Disney Family!) and I'm becoming acquainted to the Disneyland side of the DIS!

I'm going to read your TR now!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #102
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2DisneyKids View Post
Just found you via Miss Cammie's pre-trippie and thought I'd take a peek! We have recently become Disneyland people (moving from the East coast to Vegas will do that to a Disney Family!) and I'm becoming acquainted to the Disneyland side of the DIS!

I'm going to read your TR now!
9 days!! Wow that's so cool! Welcome to the OD side! (original Disney. )

thanks for reading! I love that Miss Cammie.... Ah yes.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #103
travelmel

one more off topic before we return to my TR

Ooookay...where were we? I've been away so long! It's been a great week around the homefront. I wanted to share a few pics... skip ahead if you don't want to see birthday ramblings.. I TOTALLY understand.

My girls are 1 year and 5 days apart so birthday time is very busy! I always swear I'm not going to have two parties so what ends up happening is that I have three every year!

There's always the business of them having their "birthday proper".... meaning: sweet treat upon wakening, probably a special activity, dinner of your choice, and a present. This happens on the DAY of one's birth. Then because they always want a "friend thing" there's the eventual party. This usually falls on the weekend between the parties and involves alot more people than I want it to! Then after that is the second child's "birthday proper" which happens 5 days after the first. SIGH.. it's alot of Birthday in a little time!

This year DDB picked a "chocolate cafe" for her special activity. We live near something called Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe. This is a place you can go and get boutique chocolates, cake, and coffee drinks while being very glamorous and divine. We had chocolate cake, chocolate mint milkshake, and for an appetizer they gave us chocolate pieces... we were pretty ill! But it was cute and we were VERY glamorous and we loved it.

We also hosted our first Birthday Bunco Bash! We had 12 of the girls friends (one didn't show so my DH filled in) and they played Bunco for their birthday party game. I have been playing Bunco for several years so it was fun for the girls and DH to see what I've been up to! I actually don't like the game.. it's like Yahtzee without thought. It's basically an excuse to get together with your girlfriends, eat snack foods, drink booze, and gossip. THAT is the part I like!

We hung steamers across the living room and I found some chinese lanters that were on clearance that we attached to the streamers.. it had a very Mad Hatter Tea Party feeling! Then when i looked closely at the lanterns I realized why they were on clearance.. they were graduation caps! Oh well.. they were cute and you couldn't really tell.

Clearnace is one of my favorite words!

The first Bunco!- aka winning feels GOOD!

DH wearing the official "Bunco Braclet"

At the end of the games I told the kids that they had to dance to one song (Jamiraquoi... canned heat!) before I would award the bunco prizes ($1 store goodies) and they did it! I love to dance... love to have parties where people dance.. love weddings (cute dancing)... I think it makes for great memories. So they danced...

Napoleon Dance-a-myte

The gift/prizes were a HUGE hit. We put each prize in a gift bag and put them on top of the TV then as each "winner" was announced they could chose a "surprise" bag or they could steal from somebody who had already picked and opened a prize. If you had your prize stolen you then could pick another prize or steal. Each prize could only be stolen twice. It was GREAT fun.. the kids LOVED it! It was such a great party.. I was really proud of how well it went. I thought I'd share it with my dis buddies as I know you guys are great and love corny stuff like that.

Next up... ACTUAL DISNEYLAND TR reporting!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #104
travelmel

Walt who? Just kidding!

Sorry for the long delay... back to touring we go!

So last we spoke we were dismissed by a very Cool Ms DeVille.

SIDE NOTE 1: I really liked the original 101 Dalmations movie. I remember clearly that my mom made me read the book before the movie came out (well, was re-released in theaters) and I felt VERY sophisticated having said, "oh yes... I read the book" to a friend of mine. Tres Chic!

SIDE NOTE 2: The girls had a 101 Dalmations Computer CD game that has the cutest songs on it EVER! Does anybody know this CD??

SIDE NOTE 3: Do you remember when they used to release the Disney classics in theaters??? That was good times... I definitely pine for those days of seeing the classics on the big screen. I cannot for the life of me understand (though I'm sure somebody here knows the reason) why they don't put ACTUAL Disney stuff on the Disney channel??? There's a lot that was so cool besides just the movies even... the nature shows.. all those great Sat/Sun evenings in front of the TV seeing the REAL CASTLE up there on the magic box.... really, really, really good.. strike that.. GREAT times.

RETURNING TO THE TR: So we left Disneyland and headed over to DCA. It was WARM that day. We went first to get a FP for the California Screamin Roller Coaster. It was down. We couldn't complain though as this was our first technical difficulty of the trip. We decided to go ride the Maliboomer.. it also broke down right before we got on. We were directed to another tower and rode. It is SUCH a great ride! I actually like it better than Tower of Terror because the whole time you are exposed to such a marvelous view! I looked it up on Wikipedia and the height of this thing is 180 feet.. the same type of ride at Knott's that we went on last year has a height of 250 feet! These are some BIG DROPS!

I have to say that I love these types of rides... my favorite is the Big Shot which is a 160 foot drop but the whole tower is located in Las Vegas on top of the Stratosphere Casino which is 1,081 feet high! This ride is a HUGE, HUGE kick in the pants! I love that tingley feeling in my stomach that I get..

See the top of that tall building.. it looks like an antenae up there? It's actually the tower for the ride!

The view from the top of the Stratosphere

Me... LOVING life! Veeeeeeeva LAS VEGAS!

My DH and DD's were too chicken to ride with me but.... after our wedding, later that night.... my DH rode it with me! Awwww... how cute!!! What a sweetie.

When we rode it at Knott's.. somehow the DD's had not noticed that it was a Drop ride... they were at the top of the 250 climb and said... oddly at the same time... "Does this thing dr-..." and during the word "drop" we fell... the last word was choked in their voices at exactly the same time and they lost their breath! Luckily they forgave us... MAYBE even enjoyed it...??? they weren't exactly sure themselves!

They both rode the Maliboomer twice the first day...DDB was then FINISHED for the trip but DDC rode it with us again on Day 2. DDB was happy to go back and check to see if the Ca. Screamin was open yet. We met up with her after our ride and waited a few more minutes... they had actually had a bulletain over the loud speaker "Ca Screamin will be up on 3 minutes.. then a 2 minute warning... this was all while we were on Maliboomer... 20 minutes alter it was STILL not running.

We decided to try our luck at Toy Story Mania... the line was 45 minutes which didn't seem to bad.

The line was almost entirely outside and only shaded with makeshift umbrella's here and there. It was HOT! Luckily there was one of those frozen lemonade stands right outside the line that we could reach while in line and had so that helped make the wait bearable. Just FYI: The Strawberry one is delightful!

The ride itself was REALLY fun! I'm torn with these kinds of rides because they're more Video Game than ride.. BUT this one was definitely a step up, in terms of technology, from the Buzz ride at DL. With the Buzz ride you are just shooting and shooting but you have NO idea if you are hitting anything! The "ray beam" is not visible and so when you shoot and hit something it could be you... ... or it could be somebody else... you don't really know! However, in the Toy Story ride your "ray beam" is visible AND color coded! You know exactly what you're shooting at and you know which thing you're hitting... it makes it much more fun, IMHO. I also feel like they turned down the "difficulty" level in this game which makes it feel more fullfilling because even a video-game-challenged mom and her not-allowed-to-play-video games DD's can actually hit quite a few of these targets.

Sitting in seperate cars allows for better photo ops

If you are a party of four they will seat you all in one of these cars. The problem is that they are facing back to back and you will never see your party if you let yourselves be seated this way. If you want a pic of your family/friends like the one above you have to be pro-active: As you get close to boarding you can study the way that the cars get turned around as they enter... ask to trade with somebody so you can board seperate ride vehicles and you can see the rest of your party. IF that's important to you.. I'm a picture freak and so I like these kinds of things. I'm weird. But what I'm learning here on the dis is that... I'm NOT ALONE!

The ride itself: ....You get onboard and you are whisked in front of a large screen of targets... you shoot... then you're whisked to another large screen of targets.... you shoot...then more whisking ...don't get me wrong.. it's fun BUT... I dunno... it's a fairly large break from tradition... and I'm fairly traditional. It felt like more of a really well done video game than a "ride." Again.. this does not mean I didn't like it... I'm just sayin. You know?? I don't know. lol

You exit this ride upstairs from the giftshop. It was a really cool feeling when you get off.. you feel like you did REALLY well! It's a fun ride... it makes you feel pretty excited. Here is my attempt at an artistic shot that I figured would look GREAT!

Don't quit your day job

In the gift shop they had a really cool board game that I almost bought.. I forget what it was called.. but it was basically a vintage game that was based around the theme of Disneyland itself. The one that I saw was about "Adventureland" .... I wanted it REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL bad.. but I was not interested in carting it around or in having to pick it up at the end of the night in some HUMUNGOUS line so I skipped it. The price wasn't bad either.. I think $19.... *sigh* oh well.

Finally Ca Screamin was back up and we picked up a FP. Then I decided to soothe myself with my VERY FIRST ADULT BEVERAGE at a DLR. It was no Mexican 3-layer margarita slushy squishie heaven.. but it was no slouch either! Ask me if I got the extra booze in mine???? Go ahead... ask me!

One dollar per splash!

Thank you sir, may I have another?

This was a pretty tasty drink! You could actually taste the alcohol which I was incredibley surprised by. I had just one but I could have easily enjoyed another had I not been in transit when I finished. My shins would NOT support a back tracking. We were off to the other side of the park AGAIN!

I have less pictures of this day because I was running out of room on my camera due to video at the wedding... my DH decided to buy me another 4 gig memory card the next day but I didn't know that at the time so I was frugal.

The details are sketchy without pictures to jog my memory BUT it looks like we then headed over to the Redwood Trail play area.... this has been a long post... I think I'll break it up here.....

Last edited by travelmel; 08-05-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #105
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I love your update!! IT'S ABOUT TIME ~~~

Mmmmmmmm that margarita looks yummy. I'll have to try one when I'm there.

I'm so excited to ride the new Toy Story Ride, I just hope the ride isn't too long. Like I said I don't wait in lines over 30mins. Especially with 3 toddlers!

When we hit Vegas I'm tempted to try the rides on top of the stratosphere. We'll see if I actually have the guts or not, some of them look really scary.

That birthday party sure looked like it was a hit. Good JOB!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: