Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #451
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Mel, your big scene really made me laugh. thanks!
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #452
Yakety76
Mouseketeer

So glad to see you back over here. Your girls are still as cute as can be.
Your Twilight talk makes me think I really need to watch the movies. I have read the books, but haven't seen the movies yet. Maybe it is time.
Yakety76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #453
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Mel, your big scene really made me laugh. thanks!
heheheheh too funny, right?! Sad! LOL

There's more video in the next installment! Good to see you again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakety76 View Post
So glad to see you back over here. Your girls are still as cute as can be.
Your Twilight talk makes me think I really need to watch the movies. I have read the books, but haven't seen the movies yet. Maybe it is time.
You're so cute! Thanks for reading The movie Twilight was good because of the way I saw it.. the circumstances. The movie under normal circumstances is sort of a B movie really. Special effects are horrible, acting is pretty darn hoakie... but it's the Cullen's and it was still a good time. I have much higher hopes for New Moon.

In fact, I'm getting ready to go to a New Moon event tonight with Quilluette story tellers and some of the "D" list cast members in the house. I'm not staying for the movie as it's too late for me and I have to work tomorrow. I'll see it tomorrow night instead. After I see it we're going to a Volturi costume ball. The whole thing may be a flop but don't worry... I'll document it anyway. LOL

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #454
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

I'm so glad I found your TR again!!! I love reading all your updates and seeing the pics. And I've been to at least one of those places you mentioned, Multnomah Falls. Climbed to the top in fact.
I so wish I could take my daughter to all these places you talk about. Maybe one day.

I saw a post of yours regarding the movie on another thread and I agree with pretty much everything you said. I took my DD to see the movie Friday morning. Kept her home from school so we could go together with two of her friends. Hmmmmm, contributing to the delinquency of minors to see a movie...... It was well worth it!!!

Can't wait for more from you.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #455
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Kept her home from school so we could go together with two of her friends. Hmmmmm, contributing to the delinquency of minors to see a movie...... It was well worth it!!!
That's what all the cool Mom's do anyways.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #456
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I'm so glad I found your TR again!!! I love reading all your updates and seeing the pics. And I've been to at least one of those places you mentioned, Multnomah Falls. Climbed to the top in fact.
I so wish I could take my daughter to all these places you talk about. Maybe one day.

I saw a post of yours regarding the movie on another thread and I agree with pretty much everything you said. I took my DD to see the movie Friday morning. Kept her home from school so we could go together with two of her friends. Hmmmmm, contributing to the delinquency of minors to see a movie...... It was well worth it!!!

Can't wait for more from you.
Good to see you!!!!

Anytime you want to come up here for sight seeing you let me know!! DEFINITELY!

So are you lurking on the Twilight thread???? Nice!

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember

Last edited by travelmel; 11-28-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #457
DisDancerina
Twitterpatted In The Spring!
I NEED HELP!! I have no clue what I'm doing

Hey, who were your daughters on VMK? I was PrincessSofia.

Boy do I miss that game.

I love this TR I can keep reading it again and again.

The Twilight TR part cracks me up xD

DisDancerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #458
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post
Hey, who were your daughters on VMK? I was PrincessSofia.

Boy do I miss that game.

I love this TR I can keep reading it again and again.

The Twilight TR part cracks me up xD
Hey girl! My kids played Club Penguin for awhile but I'm still mad at Disney for taking down VMK. STUPID STUPID STUPID. That thing rocked.

My kids were CapNCass and Rainingleaf. I never did get the outfit that would enable me to ride on the Journey through Innerspace (AKA the shrinking machine). Man that was a cool place!!

Old 12-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #459
travelmel

I SO should have gone to Disney for Christmas!

Instead.... we decided to try a "thrill" park and went to Magic Mountain... here's how it went:

out of the 8 "high thrill" roller coasters six of them were closed. There were 5 "moderate" rides and 3 of them were closed. So the park was dead but the people who were there were all in line for the same 4-5 rides and so the lines were long. It was totally lame

Most of the rides were closed because of high winds...which is acceptable... providing it was true. Tatsu was open and I have no idea what makes IT more safe than any of the other rides during high wind times. I just don't trust/believe them at all. ...

The thing that really chapped my hide was that two of the big thrill rides were being rehab'ed. Give me a break! Rehabing over Xmas break? I asked and they said, "well there aren't that many people here." SO WHAT?!! Are you telling me there are more people here on a Tuesday in Late January? Why on EARTH would you rehab during the only two weeks of winter where there ARE people here. I felt like Clark Freaking Griswald.

We should have gone to Disney. The bright side.... tickets were only $29 each. The rides we went on were pretty fun but it was just like being double punished. First no rides open, second the rides that are open have unusually long lines. They should have had every train available operating on the rides that were open but NOOOOOO they just sat there watching us all be miserable in 45 min waits for 4 rides. A-holes.

Not to mention the theme'ing there is just non-existant. We went there not expecting much as we knew better BUT when all the roller coasters are DOWN there's nothing else to notice besides the fact that they didn't even have up any Christmas lights or anything festive to appeal to the eye at all. They were selling their water bottles out of a cardboard BOX.. I kid you not. They were pacing around the rope drop with huge card board boxes with Sharpie pen writing on them... UNREAL. Blech, it was so annoying!

On the bright side, we managed to have a good time despite the setbacks. The trip and our Christmas was wonderful overall. I hope everybody else had a wonderful Christmas, too!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #460
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Mel, I've never been to Magic Mountain, and here's why. DH and my DSis are both southern Californians, and they both hate MM. They say the only thing worse than MM in the winter is MM in the summer. No beauty, no shelter, no character, and rough crowds. A quote from my DBil at MM: "I'd say the crowd turned ugly, but I believe they came here that way."
I'm glad your Christmas was great overall. Ours was too. We're planning to do Disney during the February break.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #461
travelmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Mel, I've never been to Magic Mountain, and here's why. DH and my DSis are both southern Californians, and they both hate MM. They say the only thing worse than MM in the winter is MM in the summer. No beauty, no shelter, no character, and rough crowds. A quote from my DBil at MM: "I'd say the crowd turned ugly, but I believe they came here that way."
I'm glad your Christmas was great overall. Ours was too. We're planning to do Disney during the February break.
We're big roller coaster people and MM is a world class park BUT... alas...

I'm glad you had a great Xmas, too! Happy New Year and happy upcoming DISNEY as well!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: