Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #136
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

I miss DCA so much. I love that park! Grizzly River Run is so much fun, much better than Kali at AK.

I wish we could afford to stay at GC again, but that would mean our trip would have to be one night instead of 5!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #137
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Thanks for coming by! It's funny when you're reading other TR's you get the link for MORE TR's in the quotes/replies then you read THEIR TR's and it's just a big circular TR love fest! LOL

I didn't know InNOut offered chili and the likes... My friends aunt actually started that business! She has a nice house, I've heard!

Oops! They don't have chili - the animal style fries are just kind of like chili fries Because of the soupy oniony nature of the sauce, cheese and onions.

It is such a great rush! I absolutely love it... I also rode that thing that looks like it's going to drive off the edge AND The roller coaster (which may be gone now).. all were cool but NONE as cool as the Big Shot

I also lived in Vegas several years ago... back in 1997. We lived near Arizona Charlies (on decatur). It was alltogether TOO HOT there! I am grumpy in the heat! LOL But my littlest girl was born there and if you ask her where she was born she used to say, "BAGAS BAYBEE!"
That's so cute!

I'm all caught up! Love your TR! It's fun to see someone else experiencing the same things we just did, and how different our days could be.

Thanks for sharing your wedding with us! You look so beautiful and happy. I'm glad you have such a loving family and such a wonderful DH! He's a keeper! I look forward to reading more!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #138
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I didn't even think to ask when we rode Soarin'. At EPCOT I have asked several times and have always been told they cannot accomodate that request, so I didn't even bother at DCA. Oh well!! Glad it worked for you guys!!

I am loving the pics. Can I go on a family vacation with you guys? It looks like so much fun!
I'd so love to do a Disneyland Dis Meet some day..

Yea, it was easy for us to get on the front of anything we wanted. We would just be directed to the side and wait like 2-3 cars and we were right on! Sorry you missed it.

I am SO loving your TR.. I can't even stand it (when the update ends, that is)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherleigh View Post
What exactly is the Tower of TerroR? Is it a drop, similar to the Stratosphere, or is it a simulated ride like Star Tours? It sounds scary , but if it isn't a real drop, I may give it a whirl.

I can't wait to try CA Screamin. I love roller coasters too. The one you posted from another theme park looks so scary and fun!
Tower of Terror is definitely a drop. I think they even PUSH you down so that you're extra dropping at some points! It's really fun.. it's INSIDE and so it may be a LOT easier for somebody with height issues because you don't know you're up that far at all (Until the window opens and even then that's only for a brief second). I encourage you to try as many rides as you can muster up the courage for.. LIFE IS SHORT! But, even having said that AND being a ride junkie... I didn't go on the sunwheel..... I don't like ferris wheels... Maybe someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Thanks. One of the awesome DISigners made it for me.

Wow, you did quite a lot on your own!! You go girl!

As for your updates, LOVE them!

Redwood Creek area is one of my favorite parts of the park. I could live there and never want to leave. My kids love that zipline too. We go after dark before the park closes, and it's empty. They get to ride over and over with no wait.

Sorry about the rude CM. I hate that.

Ummm, what else... OH! That coaster at Knott's?!?!?!? No way!!! LOL

Yesterland is a very cool website, I agree.

And we always try to sit in the first row on Soarin. Best views that way.

Oh, and I like your friends tattoos better. They are both cool, but hers are brighter, prettier? Something. I just like them best.
Beth, you are my idol at comments. I love everybody's comments and I am so thankful for them all It makes me so happy to see comments have been made! Thanks for being so great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
I miss DCA so much. I love that park! Grizzly River Run is so much fun, much better than Kali at AK.

I wish we could afford to stay at GC again, but that would mean our trip would have to be one night instead of 5!
It's good to see all those great attractions so close together (DCA and DL). Makes me feel not so unsuperior since I can't go to WDW... or as I told my DH (with GREAT dramatic effect) "I let my dreams die"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
That's so cute!

I'm all caught up! Love your TR! It's fun to see someone else experiencing the same things we just did, and how different our days could be.

Thanks for sharing your wedding with us! You look so beautiful and happy. I'm glad you have such a loving family and such a wonderful DH! He's a keeper! I look forward to reading more!
Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderfully sweet comments.

I read them out loud to my DH and he was pleased and smiley. He is, indeed, a keeper.

Yes, I love to compare TR's too.. it's fun to see the different angles and different days that people come up with. Too cool!

THANKS GUYS!
Melissa

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 AM   #139
travelmel

Bad News...

I have decided that I need to really not be on the boards for awhile. My hand hurts really bad and I need to take a break from the keyboards. As much as I HATE, HATE, HATE to do it.... I'm signing off for at least a week. I don't plan on being back on until after the 3 day weekend.

No catching up on others TR's, no UNO, no POTD.... OMG it's too depressing to think about!!! LOL But seriously, it is!!

Alright ..... see you guys later.

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 AM   #140
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I see you out there - still reading two hours later? Seriously, rest your hand, we'll be waiting - hope it feels better fast!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #141
kmab00
DIS Veteran

GREAT update! I cannot believe that I didn't know about the fast passes for GRR being disconnected from the others! Oh well...I know for next time!! I also didn't notice how your picture disappears on ToT! Know why? Because I always have my eyes SHUT tight and I'm clinging on to DH's arm for dear life!!

Can't wait for more!!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #142
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I am still reading and loving your trip report. I hope that your hand feels better soon so you can type some more. Thank you for sharing your trip!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
kdzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #143
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
I have decided that I need to really not be on the boards for awhile. My hand hurts really bad and I need to take a break from the keyboards. As much as I HATE, HATE, HATE to do it.... I'm signing off for at least a week. I don't plan on being back on until after the 3 day weekend.

No catching up on others TR's, no UNO, no POTD.... OMG it's too depressing to think about!!! LOL But seriously, it is!!

Alright ..... see you guys later.
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. Rest your hand though. We'll be waiting here when you feel better.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #144
nat1234
Mouseketeer

So sorry about your hand. You need to take care of yourself first. The trip report will still be here when you're feeling better. We'll see you soon when your hand is rested and hopefully pain free.
Natalie

nat1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #145
travelmel

Just a side note

Here is a little back ground about my avatar....I am cutting and pasting this post from one I posted on the "remember when" thread...
puff'n what??

Here are my childhood buddies: Witchpoo, Puff-n-Stuff, Jimmy (the boy), and Freddie (The flute in my avatar)

This woman is one of the best actresses of all time!

McDonalds was sued and settled out of court after comissioning the same artist to design Mayor McCheese as the one who did Puff-N-Stuff. The guy showed McDonalds his ideas then McDonalds said, "no" and then came out with their exact look alike copy of Mayor McCheese.

Me and DH For Halloween!

DH made the Flute himself. It is an EXACT replica and sits in my Hutch today with our fine china and other hierlooms

Poor DH, he looked like such a dork! What a sweetie for pulling that off with me!! I love that man!

I'm going to go back and catch up with all this stuff on this site.. I am a nostalgia FREAK!

I keep threatening to buy the girls some chinese jacks.. remember those???

Old 09-07-2008, 05:28 AM   #146
travelmel

Disney, in all their infinite wisdom HA HA, sent me a free dining pin code in my email today.

We just went to DL for 2 days because we couldn't afford WDW.

Right NOW, the plane tickets to WDW are the SAME price as the plane tickets we paid for to go to LA!

I know... I KNOW.... I need to look at the bright side.. we had a GREAT trip to DL. I have a GREAT life and I know this.

Pity party slowly coming to an end.

Slowly.

Ok... going to bed now. All pity partied out. I MAY have a pity-party hangover..

BUT, I'm going to take two ibuprophen and MOVE ON!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #147
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney, in all their infinite wisdom HA HA, sent me a free dining pin code in my email today.

We just went to DL for 2 days because we couldn't afford WDW.

Right NOW, the plane tickets to WDW are the SAME price as the plane tickets we paid for to go to LA!

I know... I KNOW.... I need to look at the bright side.. we had a GREAT trip to DL. I have a GREAT life and I know this.

Pity party slowly coming to an end.

Slowly.

Ok... going to bed now. All pity partied out. I MAY have a pity-party hangover..

BUT, I'm going to take two ibuprophen and MOVE ON!
Bummer. Well, you know the rides are better at DL anyway! I guess I should look at those flights - sometimes we drive to Reno or Portland for flights - could get to SAC in about the same amount of time.

Oh, and your Avatar - I remembered him, just couldn't place him - that witch was so annoying! Your DH was really sweet to wear that costume! What else did that actress do?
Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #148
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Aww that's SO SAD! I'm sorry that it worked out that way but you had a GREAT trip to DL, right?!

Love the costumes!!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #149
travelmel

Magic and Kmab,

Thanks for your encouragement!

It's just so hard when you've never been.

Welp, we're going on a 2 mile hike to see some gorgeous views today. We have an exchange student from S. Korea staying with us right now. I hope she has a good time. I'll post some pics if any turn out nicely.

We usually go (yearly) for a much bigger hike to a place that holds 10 waterfalls in 5 miles. It is so incredibley gorgeous! But the new girl says that's too long (could take 5 hrs). No problem, it'll do us good to see some new sights!

Hope everybody has a great (and football free ) Sunday!!!

Melissa

P.S. I bought the full DVD collection of Puff -n-stuff for the girls. They loved it too, when they were little-er.

The witch was Billie Hayes http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370906/.

I loved that witch..... MAN I loved that show. Oranges smoranges... WHO SAID??? (a musical number in the show).

Last edited by travelmel; 09-20-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #150
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Magic and Kmab,

Thanks for your encouragement!

It's just so hard when you've never been.

Welp, we're going on a 2 mile hike to see some gorgeous views today. We have an exchange student from S. Korea staying with us right now. I hope she has a good time. I'll post some pics if any turn out nicely.

We usually go (yearly) for a much bigger hike to a place that holds 10 waterfalls in 5 miles. It is so incredibley gorgeous! But the new girl says that's too long (could take 5 hrs). No problem, it'll do us good to see some new sights!

Hope everybody has a great (and football free ) Sunday!!!

Melissa

P.S. I bought the full DVD collection of Puff -n-stuff for the girls. They loved it too, when they were little-er.

The witch was Billie Hayes http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370906/.

I loved that witch..... MAN I loved that show. Oranges shmoranges... WHO CARES??? (a musical number in the show).

LOL--I loved HR Puf n Stuff too!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: