Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #31
MarinaAndCharlie
Photopass Photographer Spring 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em126 View Post
Bwahahaha..... I just checked out a new costume today and I was surprised that two parts of it were only 65% polyester...the third part of the costume was 80%! It's like wearing an outfit made out of a paper grocery bag, lol. But I do look pretty magical in it!
Oh man, thats terribly unfortunate... and cruel!!!

Remind me if I ever win the lottery, to submit a huge chunk of it to updating CM costumes. haha.

Do you guys feel that its sooo uncomfortable that its distracting from your job?
MarinaAndCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #32
Jules76126
Practically Perfect in Every Way

my costume was polyester like everyone else. It was extremely uncomfortable except for in the summer. It was really warm out the material would stick to you and feel kind of scratchy. Plus they werent cool at all. But it was doable and I worked during July and August. Basically dont except to be setting a fashion statement while there.

College Program Advantage 09- Attractions
College Program Spring Advantage 07- Spaceship Earth

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/m661yxwela1sliq2.png[/img]

OffSite Christmas 2007,
Beach Club Villas April 2006, Beach Club Villas March 2006, Beach Club Villas October 2004, Beach Club Villas October 2002, Port Orleans October 2001, DisneyLand Paris June 200, Boardwalk Villas April 2000, Old Key West May 1998, Beach Club May 1994, Dolphin 1990
Jules76126 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #33
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressOfAllEvil View Post
Ali...

We worked together doing Entertianment. You were my attendant!
Aww, I miss Ali. She was great.

Do you remember where we worked?
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #34
YouJustBideYourTime!
Back in my Laughing Place<3

I am not a CP but I was FT at Disney until February and am now Seasonal. I am college-aged so i figured I count in this post :D

*most* of the people in this photo are actually CPs or IPs. This is our Fantasyland attractions costume, complete with the Pooh-skin coat!

Me in the Pirate&Princess Party costume (for treat runner):

Me n my friend Everett (who used to be a CP but turned FT) in the great Movie Ride costume (I HATE this one...you will see why below)

Me in the preferred version of GMR-oldskool!!!

If there are any IPs out there here are some of your costumes:

^^^There is the male UK (THAT is my fiance ), female UK, female Norway, female Mexico, and i *think* the last female is Japan. Not positive.

^^Female Norway, Male UK ( ), male germany, and male Morracco

WDW trips-1994, 1998, 2001, 2005, 2006 Started Fantasyland attractions&DreamMaker@MK FT September2006 Made it into Entertainment Nov2007 Started the Great Movie Ride TourGuide FT Nov2007 Went seasonal February 2008WDW trips since-Oct2008 all of Jan/Feb 2009Moving back to Orlando permanently, very soon!!!
DLPR trip-July 2008
YouJustBideYourTime! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #35
shastatikipunch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouJustBideYourTime! View Post
I am not a CP but I was FT at Disney until February and am now Seasonal. I am college-aged so i figured I count in this post :D

*most* of the people in this photo are actually CPs or IPs. This is our Fantasyland attractions costume, complete with the Pooh-skin coat!

Me in the Pirate&Princess Party costume (for treat runner):

Me n my friend Everett (who used to be a CP but turned FT) in the great Movie Ride costume (I HATE this one...you will see why below)

Me in the preferred version of GMR-oldskool!!!

If there are any IPs out there here are some of your costumes:

^^^There is the male UK (THAT is my fiance ), female UK, female Norway, female Mexico, and i *think* the last female is Japan. Not positive.

^^Female Norway, Male UK ( ), male germany, and male Morracco

I think we had you as our tour guide for the GMR in July. I remember Everett was our tour guide in May. I was wondering why alot of the cast members for GMR wear their pins almost on their shoulder, I just noticed it a lot the last time we were there in July.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #36
YouJustBideYourTime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastatikipunch View Post
I think we had you as our tour guide for the GMR in July. I remember Everett was our tour guide in May. I was wondering why alot of the cast members for GMR wear their pins almost on their shoulder, I just noticed it a lot the last time we were there in July.
I bet those were the best shows of your life! No don't answer that

hahahahaha that's because that is where the geniuses who designed that "lovely" and "comfortable" costume decided to put our name-badge slots (where some costumes have the little holes and you are suppsoed to put your badge pin through them) and we were told we must use them I hate this costume. lol.

WDW trips-1994, 1998, 2001, 2005, 2006 Started Fantasyland attractions&DreamMaker@MK FT September2006 Made it into Entertainment Nov2007 Started the Great Movie Ride TourGuide FT Nov2007 Went seasonal February 2008WDW trips since-Oct2008 all of Jan/Feb 2009Moving back to Orlando permanently, very soon!!!
DLPR trip-July 2008
Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #37
shastatikipunch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I bet those were the best shows of your life! No don't answer that

hahahahaha that's because that is where the geniuses who designed that "lovely" and "comfortable" costume decided to put our name-badge slots (where some costumes have the little holes and you are suppsoed to put your badge pin through them) and we were told we must use them I hate this costume. lol.
Hahaha, you and Everett were really good, I've been to Disney about 3 times in the past year and a half and I only had one girl on that ride who was terrible, I don't remember her name but she sped through most the lines to the point where you couldn't understand her and just didn't even seem to enjoy it. The new costumes I think look kind of cool, I can see how the older ones fit the theme better, but the thing with the nametag looks really weird. At first I thought somebody probably just didn't realize where they placed it and then i noticed it on multiple people and I was like "wait a minute......maybe thats how they're supposed to wear them?" haha
Old 09-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #38
YouJustBideYourTime!

Quote:
Hahaha, you and Everett were really good, I've been to Disney about 3 times in the past year and a half and I only had one girl on that ride who was terrible, I don't remember her name but she sped through most the lines to the point where you couldn't understand her and just didn't even seem to enjoy it. The new costumes I think look kind of cool, I can see how the older ones fit the theme better, but the thing with the nametag looks really weird. At first I thought somebody probably just didn't realize where they placed it and then i noticed it on multiple people and I was like "wait a minute......maybe thats how they're supposed to wear them?" haha
The people who designed our new costumes had NEVER BEEN TO GMR AT ALL :D

Consider this:

Our old costume (besides fitting them theme and being cute IMHO) had short sleeves inside and a shirt to go over it outside-a choice of long or short.
Wonder why?
GMR is one of the only rides lacking that beautiful AC Disney attractions are known for, due to our high level of explosive substances used in the show!!!

The people finally came to see the ride AFTER the cosumtes were in use and asked a CM if they liked it. They said no. The designer asks why. The designer says, "We gave you guys long sleeves inside because all Disney rides have high airconditioning!" O_O

Also the jackets make some of our blocking difficult and look silly. As in, raising your arms when the Sheriff points his gun at you? I'm sure you can imagine what that looks like if you hadn't already seen it, and if your sleeves are tight it is very uncomfortable. We don't really have a choice when it comes to what size to wear because it needs to fit properly but these aren't tailored like a suit jacket is supposed to be, obviously, since everyone shares them.

It SQUASHES my chest because my chest is too large for a S but my body is too small for a M...

We have no hat indoors any longer but still have an outdoor hat so hat hair on the shows is an issue

Among other complaints

lol

DLPR trip-July 2008
Old 09-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #39
shastatikipunch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The people who designed our new costumes had NEVER BEEN TO GMR AT ALL :D

Consider this:

Our old costume (besides fitting them theme and being cute IMHO) had short sleeves inside and a shirt to go over it outside-a choice of long or short.
Wonder why?
GMR is one of the only rides lacking that beautiful AC Disney attractions are known for, due to our high level of explosive substances used in the show!!!

The people finally came to see the ride AFTER the cosumtes were in use and asked a CM if they liked it. They said no. The designer asks why. The designer says, "We gave you guys long sleeves inside because all Disney rides have high airconditioning!" O_O

Also the jackets make some of our blocking difficult and look silly. As in, raising your arms when the Sheriff points his gun at you? I'm sure you can imagine what that looks like if you hadn't already seen it, and if your sleeves are tight it is very uncomfortable. We don't really have a choice when it comes to what size to wear because it needs to fit properly but these aren't tailored like a suit jacket is supposed to be, obviously, since everyone shares them.

It SQUASHES my chest because my chest is too large for a S but my body is too small for a M...

We have no hat indoors any longer but still have an outdoor hat so hat hair on the shows is an issue

Among other complaints

lol
Oh, that is pretty lame, I actually never realized there was no AC in there. Question, do you guys just put the vehicles in gear on the ride? Cause last year when "Mugsy" took over at one point (I think right during the Raiders Scene) the car broke down for a few minutes and wouldn't move she played around with it for a bit and then it started working again, it was pretty impressive cause she managed to stay in character the entire time, also do you guys swap who hosts and who does the Gangster or Cowboy parts?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #40
figment82
Mouseketeer

Ewww...when did they switch costumes? That's so depressing; the GMR costumes were one of my favorites! Who would think ANYONE working at Disney needs to be in a long-sleeve jacket???

Also I *think* the girl in your "international" picture that you thought was from Japan is actually in the Mexico uniform, not that it really matters, and I could be wrong!
figment82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #41
YouJustBideYourTime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment82 View Post
Ewww...when did they switch costumes? That's so depressing; the GMR costumes were one of my favorites! Who would think ANYONE working at Disney needs to be in a long-sleeve jacket???

Also I *think* the girl in your "international" picture that you thought was from Japan is actually in the Mexico uniform, not that it really matters, and I could be wrong!
Nah Mexico is the pretty dress. The one in the wrap-type shirt is the one Im not sure about.

DLPR trip-July 2008
Old 09-13-2008, 12:26 AM   #42
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Oh, that is pretty lame, I actually never realized there was no AC in there. Question, do you guys just put the vehicles in gear on the ride? Cause last year when "Mugsy" took over at one point (I think right during the Raiders Scene) the car broke down for a few minutes and wouldn't move she played around with it for a bit and then it started working again, it was pretty impressive cause she managed to stay in character the entire time, also do you guys swap who hosts and who does the Gangster or Cowboy parts?
You have to be specially trained for the gangster/cpwboy parts. So I would imagine they would do that role all day, since they are in a different costume.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #43
YouJustBideYourTime!

Quote:
We start, stop the vehicles and put them in diffeernt speeds but do not steer them. the longer you work there you learn more about how the car works so perhaps your Mugsy knew bit about the ride vehicle from experience. Also there are simple resets were are all trained on so that's more likely what Mugsy was doing.

We can be trained in both character roles and tour guide roles but you need to be around for a few months to get trained in character roles. unfortunately I had to leave before I got trained as GMR characters-I really really want to do those roles they are a blast and you get real gun and pyrotechnic training :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna71985
You have to be specially trained for the gangster/cowboy parts. So I would imagine they would do that role all day, since they are in a different costume.
No not always. sometimes we can switch over it depends on the coverage required. Just like any other attraction's coverage except that person is given some time to swap costumes. A lot of people keep a spare in their lockers inside the building to change into, or they are given time to walk to costuming.

DLPR trip-July 2008
Old 09-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #44
figment82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nah Mexico is the pretty dress. The one in the wrap-type shirt is the one Im not sure about.
Oh, ya, it would have helped if I re-read what you wrote...I was just looking at the "end of the row" and said "that's Mexico"
The one in the wraparound dress is Japan.
I love the world showcase costumes...don't know how I'd feel wearing them all day, especially if I was FROM the country, but they're wonderful to look at =)
figment82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #45
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

I have never been a CP but it seems like yall have fun!

I have always wanted to work at Everest because of the costume. I just seem to like it.

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Hollywoodhaha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: