Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

CRUD!! I let the propane tank get too low

I am trying to boil water for dinner and thinking dang it's taking long- and then I see my high flame isn't so high- then I realize that I forgot all about the propane tank.
In an effort to save $$ I went to an I'll call and yep I forgot to call!!! I am so mad right now. At myself I feel so stupid-
So what do I have to worry about - as in what won't work if I completely run out beside hot water and my stove?

Oh I am so stupid.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
mtblujeans
DIS Veteran

Awww...you just need to get used to the 'routine' of calling now. Make a note on your calendar so you can call next time. Will they come out as soon as you call?
mtblujeans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

I don't know what to tell you about the propane, but I just wanted to say that I haven't heard the word "crud" in a long time! My mom is the only person I know that says that!

Did you boil the water you needed in the microwave or just make something else for dinner?

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
DevilDuckie
I'm the cute one
Frankly, I'd let them sleep on the floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
I don't know what to tell you about the propane, but I just wanted to say that I haven't heard the word "crud" in a long time! My mom is the only person I know that says that!

Garfield used to say, "crud" too!
DevilDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
momtomorgan
Earning My Ears

We used to have propane. We had a gas stove like you. I bought a couple of electric burners and used them to save on propane. The only thing I needed propane for was heating and cooking, everything else I had was electric.
momtomorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #6
rottiemom
DIS Veteran

Oh I've done this! We're set up for automatic delivery but the company had set us up for a delivery every 6 months. Of course the first time that it happened was a Friday night...during the winter. No propane delivery until Monday. We ended up using the electric waffle iron to make waffles for dinner .

If you only use propane for hot water & cooking your set up is the same as ours & you'll be fine. Nothing else will be affected & as soon as you get a delivery everything will be working again (you might need to check w/the company to see if your water heater needs it's pilot re-lit, though.

I'd go back to automatic delivery if I were you. Now you've got to pay for filling up the whole tank all at once as opposed to a smaller bill every few months.

I also have a micro/toaster oven combo for cooking smaller meals so I don't have to fire up the oven & use the gas (and in case we run out of propane again). Of course now electric rates are increasing as well...
rottiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #7
java
I'm the mean wife

Thanks all I got a surpisingly nice call from the company along the "you are not the first and you won't be the last" kind. They'll be out here today thankfully since I am supposed to be making dinner for a friend and her family tonite- taking it over she just had surgery- But of course that is the day this would happen!!

We ended up with pizza last night- I couldn't think fast enough for waffles!! Darn! Or even my electric skillet? Duh. But hopefully it will all be better today

Now if I can figure out how to relite the pilot light- (yep I freaked and turned off the gas leading into it) without blowing up the water heater we'll be set. fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
Nette
DIS Veteran

So, it's my understanding that if you drain the tank, it must be reinspected before they will fill it. No way am I letting ours get below 20%. I don't need any more $urprises!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
java
I'm the mean wife

Ok they filled it no problem- then the service guy came out to turn my pilot light back on in the water tank and to make sure it was all running properly for FREE!! I couldn't believe that one! My propane was $3.03 a gallon though!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
Tinkerbell58
DIS Veteran

I was barbecuing hamburgers on the grill tonight and about 5 minutes later I ran out of propane. Luckily, we had a spare tank. Dinner was saved!
Tinkerbell58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: