Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
mpp3843
Earning My Ears

Question CSR vs. AS Family Suites

We have been planning our first family trip for more than a year and after much research, and mostly due to the convincing arguments by Buzz I selected CSR. We are now less than 3 months away from our late September trip and my DW has got me second guessing my orginal selection in favor of the AS Family Suites.

Her concern is the sleeping arangement for our DD3 and DD5. They have slept in the same room before, but never the same bed. Also my DD3 often naps, DD5 never. The separate room that an Family Suite provides would help ensure DD3 gets the rest she needs; not to mention that it would also provide a retreat for DW and I once the DD's go to bed at night.

So those are the pros for switching, but I keep thinking about the theming of CSR, the awesomness of the main pool, the favorable transportation.

I need some help picking, should I stay at CSR or move to AS Family?
mpp3843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp3843 View Post
We have been planning our first family trip for more than a year and after much research, and mostly due to the convincing arguments by Buzz I selected CSR. We are now less than 3 months away from our late September trip and my DW has got me second guessing my orginal selection in favor of the AS Family Suites.

Her concern is the sleeping arangement for our DD3 and DD5. They have slept in the same room before, but never the same bed. Also my DD3 often naps, DD5 never. The separate room that an Family Suite provides would help ensure DD3 gets the rest she needs; not to mention that it would also provide a retreat for DW and I once the DD's go to bed at night.

So those are the pros for switching, but I keep thinking about the theming of CSR, the awesomness of the main pool, the favorable transportation.

I need some help picking, should I stay at CSR or move to AS Family?

Although DH and I are huge CSR fans (staying for the 7th time) and we do not like values at all (our kids did not like them eitehr--but they were older--they were 10 and 12). However, I think you need to do what you think is best for your kids so that they enjoy their Disney experience. And if this means two rooms so your youngest gets a nap, then you should go with the Family Suite at the AS.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
restful urchin
Mouseketeer

HI,
We returned June 26 from a split stay ASMU FS and CR. I went with my brother and two teen newphews.
WE loved the AS. I Loved having my own room, with my own tv, and my own thermostat!! (I could change the temp and keep it cold!!)
Despite the CR being on the monorail, we found it to be always really crowded. (standing room only). Using busses from AS actually seemed faster to us than when we used the monorail.
I just found ASmuFS to be really nice for us.
CR was nice but in this case the FS worked better. (we left in early am for rope drop and returned late in the evening.) MK view was nice from our CR balcony though.
Good luck with your choice. In the end I'm sure no matter what you choose you will have a great time!!!!
Liz

Last edited by restful urchin; 07-14-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling
restful urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I agree with KatMark.
I am really excited about our upcoming CSR stay for all the same reasons you mentioned. But my kids are beyond naps.. and if ds (4) gets tuckered out enough he will fall asleep in the room no problem.
With a child that takes a regular nap... I think the extra space would be calming for everyone. I can really see your wife's point. An over tired child could throw off the whole day for everyone.
Another option is to build in a nap time while you or your wife takes the older child to swim maybe?
But I still think you may find it more relaxing to have the extra room for everyone. Good luck on your decision
Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by restful urchin View Post
HI,
We returned June 26 from a split stay ASMU FS and CR. I went with my brother and two teen newphews.
WE loved the AS. I Loved having my own room, with my own tv, and my own thermostat!! (I could change the temp and keep it cold!!)
Despite the CR being on the monorail, we found it to be always really crowded. (standing room only). Using busses from AS actually seemed faster to us than when we used the monorail. I just found ASmuFS to be really nice for us.
CR was nice but in this case the FS worked better. (we left in early am for rope drop and returned late in the evening.) MK view was nice from our CR balcony though.
Good luck with your choice. In the end I'm sure no matter what you choose you will ahve a great time!!!!
Liz

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is listed as 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

*Please Note:
In my experience the bus rides are usually 3-6 minutes shorter than the listed times. Perhaps the authors posted the ride times during heavy traffic so the actual times would be less in most cases.

Have fun at WDW wherever you choose to stay!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: