Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #466
dsnyrn
disneyRN

I do not know why they tip this way in Nebraska, but the remaining part of the USA tip at least 15-20% for wait-staff!! For mouse-keeping, as the above member mentioned, we always tip daily for the same reasons. We leave an extra $5 on the last day. We tip generally $2 per person a day. We also tip baggage $1 per bag.

dsnyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #467
Leslieloody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAITHEL View Post
EEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Plane fair...wow....here's my opinion of the tipping:

I generally leave whatever loose change I have accumulated during the length of our stay for Mousekeeping...which can add up to a lot since I don't generally pay with change...just with paper money. So my loose change could add up to 15-20. With only four of us in a room, that is plenty. And we are neat...and don't need our bed changed every day.

WDW is the ONLY place I ever tip the housekeeping staff when we stay at a hotel. I would say that in the US it's not customary to tip housekeeping. We are in hotels every month for our occupation, and i don't tip them anyplace else. I'm not sure what housekeeping makes...I bet they don't live on tips like wait staff at a restaurant. I generally only tip "mousekeeping" on the last night, that's if they've done a good job the entire stay...

No good job, no big tip. GREAT job! GREAT Tip! (Same for wait staff at restaurants.) Leaving 8-20% at a meal is generally the norm here. Sometimes they get 5% or less if they aren't that good.

I do, however, tip anyone who handles our bags...Like the magic express drivers. $1 per bag. Again...not good customer service, no tip.
What if different people clean your room. Or MouseKeepers change the route they take? Why wait until the end of your trip/ Make it daily. You might reap some extra benefits if you tip daily. Just saying.
Leslieloody is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #468
adoucet
Mouseketeer

*bump* -will be updating later

August 2010 - All Star Movies Resort
February 2011 - Old Key West Resort
February 2012 - All Star Music Resort

December 2012 - All Star Movies Resort - Our FIRST Christmas trip!
adoucet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #469
tikster1
Earning My Ears

Ear plugs...You never know when you're going to have noisy neighbors when you may want to go to be early or sleep a litle later!
tikster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #470
tinkerbellsmom05
Earning My Ears

Sham-wow's cut into strips and put under clothing in those spots that sweat more than others.
Hate having sweat spots on the front of my shirt! lol!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va24v8ulk5bv8zb.png[/img]

WDW Aug 1972, Aug 1974, Aug 1978, Aug 1981, Aug1982, May 1986, July 1989, June 1992, Oct 2003, Oct2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Oct 2008, Feb 2009, May 2009, Oct 2009, Nov 2010, Aug 2012
tinkerbellsmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #471
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=tinkerbellsmom05;45466153
Hate having sweat spots on the front of my shirt! lol![/QUOTE]

Me too!! However, on balmy days I swipe stick deodorant in those spots. My face might be red and sweaty, but I don't look like I'm melting.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #472
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

We travel pretty light. Minimal amount of clothes (we do laundry while at WDW). But a couple things I always bring.

1. My own coffee and filters
2. Flavored Coffee Creamer (froze before we leave)
3. Imodium
4. Small flashlight
5. My own shampoo/conditioner
6. Bar of soap
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #473
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Enjoyed reading all of this, but this is my 5th trip...and I just added 40 things to my list...40 things I have never needed on any of the other trips!
I will add the tip envelopes, pop up hamper, body glide and clothespins for hanging wet suits...and I always take the essentials...but it's not Siberia and I need to erase some of the "what if" stuff from my list!
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #474
niknakk
Mouseketeer

Great tips!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #475
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

Yaaaaaaay somewhere I can share my over packing thoughts

Seriously, I already have planning spreadsheets and we're not going until 2014
JoJo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #476
fiestamomma
Mouseketeer

wow

i need bigger luggage!
fiestamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #477
fiestamomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svhadden
141.) Temp. Tattoos with your phone number to put on young kids in case they get lost.

Does anyone know where these might be found? Ordering online? I've never seen this, but would love to have it for our upcoming trip.

How have some of you "labeled" your children with phone number, etc? I considered just writing it on the inside of their arms with a permanent marker but that seems....I don't know. I'd just rather another option, I guess. Any other ideas?
If you google you may find temporary tattoo paper for purchase for your home printer. You can personalize to your hearts content! I found a five page pack for 6.99 on Amazon. The five pack was more than enough to make 60 tattoos for my sons bday party and I have two sheets left over so I'll make some emergency tattoos for our trip
Old 07-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #478
Ashlander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestamomma View Post
If you google you may find temporary tattoo paper for purchase for your home printer. You can personalize to your hearts content! I found a five page pack for 6.99 on Amazon. The five pack was more than enough to make 60 tattoos for my sons bday party and I have two sheets left over so I'll make some emergency tattoos for our trip
That is a great tip - I hadn't thought of that! We have the dog tags we made on our first trip and attach them with a safety pin to the kids. Luckily our phone numbers have not changed

Me, DH, DS(11), DD(10), DD(8)

Ashlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #479
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svhadden View Post
141.) Temp. Tattoos with your phone number to put on young kids in case they get lost.

Does anyone know where these might be found? Ordering online? I've never seen this, but would love to have it for our upcoming trip.

How have some of you "labeled" your children with phone number, etc? I considered just writing it on the inside of their arms with a permanent marker but that seems....I don't know. I'd just rather another option, I guess. Any other ideas?
I don't know where you can get the temp tattoos...but when we went with several grandchildren a few years ago I went online and ordered wristbands. We wrote our phone numbers on the inside of the band with permanent marker before putting them on the kids. We instructed the kids that if they got lost or separated from us that they were to go immediately to a CM and tell them they were lost and have the CM remove the wrist band and phone us. (We still do this even going to the smaller theme parks in our area, Dutch Wonderland in PA has the wrist bands for the asking) Fortunately we have never lost a kid...
Old 07-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #480
itsjustlisa
Earning My Ears

here is one source for temp. tattoo paper. i have some but haven't tried it yet.

www .silhouette america. com / specialty Media . aspx

(remove the spaces - haven't posted enough yet)

this particular stuff is used to print on an inkjet and then cut out with the Silhouette machine, but i'm thinking you could cut out just with scissors if you are only doing the emergency info. the machine is for cutting our special designs so not needed for emergency info tattoos.

i plan on doing this on our next trip!
itsjustlisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: