Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 AM   #451
nnjamison
Earning My Ears

Subscribing!

1st Visit '87 off site and just a tyke
2nd Visit '92 FL resident off site
3rd Visit '05 POR disneymoon
4th Visit '12 CBR the kiddos 1st visit
5th Visit in the WORKS for '14 !!

Me DH DD (11) DD (6)
nnjamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #452
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

5 months and 10 days until I drag this list back out to start packing !!! Well, the list will probably be printed out at about 4 months left, who am I kidding

Going in June again so I will be breaking out the watering fans for sure
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #453
elleavon
Earning My Ears

After all these months of planning, taking notes, researching...we are leaving in 2 weeks. Yikes! Panic! I've forgotten everything I learned! Oh wait, here is a comprehensive list for me to follow. Ok, deep breath, it's all coming back to me now. Gonna run upstairs and pack the monistat antichaf gel and some moleskin...
elleavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #454
HartNSoul76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3"Mouse"keteers View Post
Hmm....now you've got me worried! I've bought them before, but not lately. I'll have to check next time I head to Walmart.
Did you find them? Because I thought it was a Wonderful Idea and was going to go buy them before my trip!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #455
dissybroad
Hidden Mickey, Palo Alto, CA. Located on University Ave. under Caltrain tracks

Candied ginger for nausea. Sometimes rides make me queasy even with Bonine or the patch, but sucking on the ginger helps. Just don't inhale it while screaming on TOT or RnRC.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #456
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Only 60 days until the packing marathon begins....
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #457
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Only 60 days until the packing marathon begins....
I still have a ways to go. I keep coming back and looking at your list to see if there is anything new. I copied and pasted your list to a spreadsheet. From there I broke it up into categories. It really has come in handy. We use it not only for Disney trips, but all trips it seems like.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #458
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

Disney Pin Lockbacks. umbrella.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #459
kirboo
Earning My Ears

Mousekeeping envelopes

Hi & I apologise if this is not where I ask but how much do you leave for mousekeeping, I am from Australia where we do not tip so have no idea what is expected... we are leaving in 2 weeks so I need to get this sorted.
kirboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #460
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirboo View Post
Hi & I apologise if this is not where I ask but how much do you leave for mousekeeping, I am from Australia where we do not tip so have no idea what is expected... we are leaving in 2 weeks so I need to get this sorted.
We have always tipped mouse keeping $1/person/day. So as a family of five, we would always leave them $5. We are fairly neat people, we pick up after ourselves and don't leave stuff out everywhere. Basically they clean our bathrooms, make our beds, and empty the trash. That's what we give anyways!
lnh'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #461
katibosch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I plan to follow the $1/day rule too. We're fairly neat so they won't have a LOT of work to do beyond basic cleaning, I don't think.

I was Disney College Program Fall 1999 Merchandise @ Beastly Bazaar DAK

My first visit as a guest, DH's 2nd visit, DD's First Visit: May 12-23, 2012 (All Star Music)

katibosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #462
kirboo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnh'smom View Post
We have always tipped mouse keeping $1/person/day. So as a family of five, we would always leave them $5. We are fairly neat people, we pick up after ourselves and don't leave stuff out everywhere. Basically they clean our bathrooms, make our beds, and empty the trash. That's what we give anyways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katibosch View Post
I plan to follow the $1/day rule too. We're fairly neat so they won't have a LOT of work to do beyond basic cleaning, I don't think.
Thanks so much, its costing $8500 in flights alone so I am glad to hear its not too much, especially when the room is so expensive anyway.
kirboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #463
JLa01844
Mouseketeer

LOL #158 should read (incase #157 has failed).
JLa01844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #464
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

Quote:
Thanks so much, its costing $8500 in flights alone so I am glad to hear its not too much, especially when the room is so expensive anyway.
EEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Plane fair...wow....here's my opinion of the tipping:

I generally leave whatever loose change I have accumulated during the length of our stay for Mousekeeping...which can add up to a lot since I don't generally pay with change...just with paper money. So my loose change could add up to 15-20. With only four of us in a room, that is plenty. And we are neat...and don't need our bed changed every day.

WDW is the ONLY place I ever tip the housekeeping staff when we stay at a hotel. I would say that in the US it's not customary to tip housekeeping. We are in hotels every month for our occupation, and i don't tip them anyplace else. I'm not sure what housekeeping makes...I bet they don't live on tips like wait staff at a restaurant. I generally only tip "mousekeeping" on the last night, that's if they've done a good job the entire stay...

No good job, no big tip. GREAT job! GREAT Tip! (Same for wait staff at restaurants.) Leaving 8-20% at a meal is generally the norm here. Sometimes they get 5% or less if they aren't that good.

I do, however, tip anyone who handles our bags...Like the magic express drivers. $1 per bag. Again...not good customer service, no tip.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #465
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAITHEL View Post
I generally only tip "mousekeeping" on the last night, that's if they've done a good job the entire stay...

No good job, no big tip. GREAT job! GREAT Tip!
One thing I've seen mentioned several times on these boards as to why many people tip "mousekeeping" daily is because chances are you might not always have the same person. People have noticed that they have seen different mousekeepers tending to their rooms. Some are really good, and some not so much. So that is why they make envelopes and leave tips every day for the mousekeepers. Leaving one big tip at the end means the person cleaning your room at the end will get all the tip, even though they may not have been the one cleaning your room the whole time you were there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: