Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #391
disneydotlee
Mouseketeer

These lists are awesome!!!
disneydotlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #392
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydotlee View Post
These lists are awesome!!!
Thank You !! Every year I print this list out and make a few minor adjustments for my family. With every trip we take I have to say I have been able to scale back the crap
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #393
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

I just have to chime in with something that happened on my Feb trip to WDW and going on the Disney Dream.

We packed 3 LL Bean rolling duffels, one for me, DH and DD each. When we arrived at MCO there were only 2 bags. The missing bag had all my clothing and toiletry bags for the whole family. American Airlines didn't find my bag until late that night, and it turned up in Guatemala! The 9 hours it was missing was horrible, would I have to replace all my clothing before we left on the Dream? I already lost one day at WDW (airline kept saying "it should be on the next flight from Miami"), now I might lose part of another day! Once the bag was found, it took an entire day to get to MCO and was finally delivered at my hotel at 10:30pm. I was very lucky I got it in time for the cruise and nothing was missing. I also lucked out that at the last minute I did a load of laundry before leaving and put a pair of my jeans and 4 pairs of underpants in DD's bag, so I only had to buy a t-shirt and toiletries to get by until the bag arrived. When my bag did arrive, it still had the 'MCO' tag that was placed on it in Boston, so I have no clue how in the heck it ended up in Gautemala.

Lesson learned... Never, ever, ever again will I fly with out 'cross packing' all our bags. On our next trip 1/3 of my clothes is going in each bag, and the same for DD and DH! I'll bring 3 swimsuits for each of us, one is going in each bag- same for underwear, tees, shorts, etc! I use packing cubes so I'll just set up a little assembly line. If we end up with a lost bag we will at least have more than the clothing on our backs! Trust me, it stinks shopping for clothes 30 minutes before the Gap outlet closes for the evening, when you would rather be at Wishes!

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #394
disneyluvrsX5
Earning My Ears

These are cool and great to have! Thanks!
disneyluvrsX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #395
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Great list - thanks for compiling it!

Don't forget the self-tanner if you like that My DH and I don't want to shock anyone with our pastiness so we make sure to use self-tanner (that has SPF in it!), especially on the waterpark days.

I also recommend bringing the razors (for women) that have the shave cream already in them - like Intuition.

And for that Florida humidity, bring a diffuser. I have one that works with any hair dryer so I can use the resort hair dryer and just add my diffuser - voila - curly hair!

You also list 'make up' but might I suggest the waterproof kind? It's great when you go to the pool in the afternoon and you don't get racoon eyes but it is great for the humid weather too. I especially like waterproof eyeliner (Make Up Forever sells the best) and waterproof mascara (that's only evening wear for me ).

My kids also like goggles for the pool since their eyes are sensitive to the chlorine.

I don't think I saw those items in your list - but I might not have seen it! But just in case, there are some more packing items!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #396
casa34
Earning My Ears

Great

This is great thanks!
casa34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #397
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
I just have to chime in with something that happened on my Feb trip to WDW and going on the Disney Dream.

We packed 3 LL Bean rolling duffels, one for me, DH and DD each. When we arrived at MCO there were only 2 bags. The missing bag had all my clothing and toiletry bags for the whole family. American Airlines didn't find my bag until late that night, and it turned up in Guatemala! The 9 hours it was missing was horrible, would I have to replace all my clothing before we left on the Dream? I already lost one day at WDW (airline kept saying "it should be on the next flight from Miami"), now I might lose part of another day! Once the bag was found, it took an entire day to get to MCO and was finally delivered at my hotel at 10:30pm. I was very lucky I got it in time for the cruise and nothing was missing. I also lucked out that at the last minute I did a load of laundry before leaving and put a pair of my jeans and 4 pairs of underpants in DD's bag, so I only had to buy a t-shirt and toiletries to get by until the bag arrived. When my bag did arrive, it still had the 'MCO' tag that was placed on it in Boston, so I have no clue how in the heck it ended up in Gautemala.

Lesson learned... Never, ever, ever again will I fly with out 'cross packing' all our bags. On our next trip 1/3 of my clothes is going in each bag, and the same for DD and DH! I'll bring 3 swimsuits for each of us, one is going in each bag- same for underwear, tees, shorts, etc! I use packing cubes so I'll just set up a little assembly line. If we end up with a lost bag we will at least have more than the clothing on our backs! Trust me, it stinks shopping for clothes 30 minutes before the Gap outlet closes for the evening, when you would rather be at Wishes!

What a nightmare. I once flew DIRECT from Rochester, NY to Atlanta on Delta and they lost my bag!!! On a non-stop flight! They transferred it to a small charter plane going to Athens, GA by accident. Delta kept blaming the charter company (not operated by Delta) and the charter company kept blaming Delta. They finally found my bag about 6 hours later and since Delta was insistent it wasn't their fault, I had to pay a strange taxi driver $40 to drive it to my hotel. Of course I emailed Delta customer service when I got home to complain and they wrote back saying they couldn't locate my name on the passenger manifest from that flight! I wrote back asking for a manager to contact me and never heard back again. AWFUL! Never flying Delta again.

But the lesson I learned is to always pack a carry on bag with essential toiletries (3 oz or less of course!) and at least a day's worth of clothes or anything I'll need that night. Cross-packing is a good idea too, may be easier for some people.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #398
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
What a nightmare. I once flew DIRECT from Rochester, NY to Atlanta on Delta and they lost my bag!!! On a non-stop flight! They transferred it to a small charter plane going to Athens, GA by accident. Delta kept blaming the charter company (not operated by Delta) and the charter company kept blaming Delta. They finally found my bag about 6 hours later and since Delta was insistent it wasn't their fault, I had to pay a strange taxi driver $40 to drive it to my hotel. Of course I emailed Delta customer service when I got home to complain and they wrote back saying they couldn't locate my name on the passenger manifest from that flight! I wrote back asking for a manager to contact me and never heard back again. AWFUL! Never flying Delta again.

But the lesson I learned is to always pack a carry on bag with essential toiletries (3 oz or less of course!) and at least a day's worth of clothes or anything I'll need that night. Cross-packing is a good idea too, may be easier for some people.
I actually just got off the phone with American Airlines. Guess what, when they send your bag to Guatemala instead of Orlando they absolutely will not refund the $25 baggage fee. They said it is a "non-refundale handling fee." Well, they didn't handle it properly! It is amazing they will hold onto someone's $25 when they are completely wrong and don't care if how ticked-off the customer is. I just got off the phone with the Exec Office and we settled for Frequent Flier miles since we have enough miles for another vacation. I am so done with them after our final free trip.

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #399
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
I actually just got off the phone with American Airlines. Guess what, when they send your bag to Guatemala instead of Orlando they absolutely will not refund the $25 baggage fee. They said it is a "non-refundale handling fee." Well, they didn't handle it properly! It is amazing they will hold onto someone's $25 when they are completely wrong and don't care if how ticked-off the customer is. I just got off the phone with the Exec Office and we settled for Frequent Flier miles since we have enough miles for another vacation. I am so done with them after our final free trip.
That's crazy!! I wonder if they LOSE your bag entirely, if they still keep the fee too??!! I haven't flown in many years, it sounds nuts.

That reminds me of the Post Office. They are not responsible for ANYTHING unless you pay EXTRA for insurance. Actually paying for shipping does not guarantee they will actually ship it, ship it on time, or ship it to the right place. Even paying more to ship it Priority does not guarantee it will get there in the 2-3 business days, it could take 10 or more, or never get there, doesn't matter unless you have insurance. So what are we paying for with postage, exactly? The chance that they MIGHT ship it and ship it right? And what is the baggage fee for - for them to just TAKE the luggage, doesn't really matter what they do with it from there??

It's all a racket, I tell you!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #400
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
That's crazy!! I wonder if they LOSE your bag entirely, if they still keep the fee too??!! I haven't flown in many years, it sounds nuts.

That reminds me of the Post Office. They are not responsible for ANYTHING unless you pay EXTRA for insurance. Actually paying for shipping does not guarantee they will actually ship it, ship it on time, or ship it to the right place. Even paying more to ship it Priority does not guarantee it will get there in the 2-3 business days, it could take 10 or more, or never get there, doesn't matter unless you have insurance. So what are we paying for with postage, exactly? The chance that they MIGHT ship it and ship it right? And what is the baggage fee for - for them to just TAKE the luggage, doesn't really matter what they do with it from there??

It's all a racket, I tell you!
I wish the DIS had a like button. This'll have to do.

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #401
bella2396
Cori Rose

I am not sure if this was mentioned, but we have rented a crib the past times we went and will again this time around. I always bring the baby's sheets from home, noise reduction machine and of course, their lovey. I try to recreate their sleep space as best as possible to make the transition a little easier.

Also, I start searching for free samples of things online, like laundry detergent, dryer sheets, shampoo, soap, lotion, etc and use those to bring on vacation.
ASMovies 2010
ASMusic 2011
Counting down the days until our 1st Disney Cruise aboard the Fantasy on 8/31/13!!!
bella2396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #402
run4me
Mouseketeer

Great Tips, Taking Girl Scout Troop and these will be so great.
run4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #403
BC/YC Pool Noodles
From L to Rt, Paul, Pastina, Penne and Ramen Noodle

Just checking in to say hi and get my post count up so I can post pictures. I'll see you in June at the BC!
BC/YC Pool Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #404
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

I just found at TRU a travel size bottle of organic, pesticide free, Bed Bug spray. Who knew? It's in my kit as we speak!

DCLWonder 2003
DCL Wonder 2007
DCL Magic 2009
DCL Dream 2013
DL annual passholders...too many trips to count.
WL 2003
CSR 2007
POR 2008
POFQ 2009
CR 2011
sandiegosusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #405
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

i saw on the list a $1 of tide. Is this a regular item they have or was it in the $1 bins and it is hit or miss? Target is a tad out of the way but if i can be sure it's there-i'll go out of my way for a $1 item!

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, 11th-2014 Bay Lake Tower

Completed our 1st runDisney race! TOT 10 Miler 2014
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: