Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #376
Zim
Meow meow

One we forgot last year

This won't help everyone, but for those who have been to Disney previously, and have brought back a souvenir mug from Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon... put those cups on your packing list for your next trip!

I had a mug from our 2006 trip but I didn't realize I could reuse it and pay less at the water parks when we went down for our 2008 trip... our 2010 trip is right around the corner, and my BB and TL mugs are already out and ready to pack!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #377
tinkrebell
Disney Daydreamer

Everyone talks about separate bags for laundry, but I actually bring separate bags for shoes! It grosses me out thinking that my undies/clothes/anything could touch the bottom of what I use to walk over gum and spit and every other gross thing in the world. Obviously you can use Ziplocs, but I picked up some very cute, inexpensive ones made for travelers in my local Target.

Just one more thing to pack!
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #378
tinkrebell
Disney Daydreamer

Everyone talks about separate bags for laundry, but I actually bring separate bags for shoes! It grosses me out thinking that my undies/clothes/anything could touch the bottom of what I use to walk over gum and spit and every other gross thing in the world. Obviously you can use Ziplocs, but I picked up some very cute, inexpensive ones made for travelers in my local Target.

Just one more thing to pack!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #379
danielephant
2nd Trip in January!!!!

love the list!!!!!!

Danielle 26,Wife to DH 26, Mommy to Evelyn about to celebrate her 4th b-day at WDW!, and Owen 1

danielephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #380
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

The one major thing is not to be put on a packing list, but a to do list. If you are driving to Disney and need to have your drivers license renewed before going, you can have this done a few months ahead. We found out the hard way, changes that have been made in the system. We were going down in August 2008, my husband needed his license renewed. We went 2 weeks before leaving and found out they cross reference your name to a list of people who have outstanding warrents or tickets. Long story short, his name is Jerry Lewis and he was flagged, it took the 2 weeks to prove it was not him, we got the letter 24 hours before leaving telling us he could go get his license.

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #381
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
The one major thing is not to be put on a packing list, but a to do list. If you are driving to Disney and need to have your drivers license renewed before going, you can have this done a few months ahead. We found out the hard way, changes that have been made in the system. We were going down in August 2008, my husband needed his license renewed. We went 2 weeks before leaving and found out they cross reference your name to a list of people who have outstanding warrents or tickets. Long story short, his name is Jerry Lewis and he was flagged, it took the 2 weeks to prove it was not him, we got the letter 24 hours before leaving telling us he could go get his license.

Really?? That's crazy!! With all the identification you provide it should be simple to figure out WHICH Jerry Lewis he is! My DH gets flagged every time he makes a gun purchase (he's a hunter) and he has to wait the 3 days. Same thing -same name as or very similar to someone who is NOT allowed to purchase a gun. But those aren't necessities like a drivers license! What an inconvenience. And people wonder how "victimless" (no such thing) crimes affect us all. It's the little things...

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #382
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Really?? That's crazy!! With all the identification you provide it should be simple to figure out WHICH Jerry Lewis he is! My DH gets flagged every time he makes a gun purchase (he's a hunter) and he has to wait the 3 days. Same thing -same name as or very similar to someone who is NOT allowed to purchase a gun. But those aren't necessities like a drivers license! What an inconvenience. And people wonder how "victimless" (no such thing) crimes affect us all. It's the little things...
We live in Ohio and the ticket was from Rhode Island, no offence to the people who live there, but you will never catch me in that state. Ohio was easy to work with, but Rhode Island was the worst. I had to talk to everyone down to the officer who wrote the ticket in 1998. It took forever to fix. I have to renew mine this year, I am starting 2 months early!

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #383
brewhome
Mouseketeer

Instead of packing a pop up hamper or special laundry bags we just fill up our largest empty suitcase with dirty laundry throughout the trip, and move onto the next largest, etc (there are 4 of us so we bring 4 plus carry on bags). We never get anything so dirty that it needs to be wrapped in a bag, but if we did, we'd just put it in a souvenier bag or an ice bucket bag.

At the end of the trip, we toss the extra shoes in with the dirty laundry and then we have a suitcase or two of left over clean clothes and souveniers. Works like a charm, and we don't have to pack anything extra!
January/February 2011 - Second Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
September 2011 - Two Sisters Take on Night of Joy! - Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2012 - Back to Night of Joy!! - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2013 - Third Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
brewhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #384
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Great list of items to go thru.

I would add packing cubes, look them up on ebags. While they are not cheap, I use them anytime I'm away for a few days to help sort/organize my cloths. In a small cube, I can fit 3 or 4 shirts (rolled) pair of shorts, 2 pairs of underwear and socks. Just take them out of my bag and put them in a drawer. They are also mesh and weigh almost nothing.
mikegood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #385
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwillmom View Post
These lists are great. Does anyone have one that is for a cruise? I know that a lot of the items that we take to WDW aren't needed on the cruise like beach towels. I also know that we won't have quite as much space in the rooms. I'm gratefult for any help. I have started altering my list for the cruise but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks
I used the forums at Cruise Critic last year for my cruise, and there was a list just like this. Very helpful.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #386
ThreeSweeties
Earning My Ears

Love packing cubes-one color per family member. They help keep all the kids stuff together and corral the slippery zip-locks that I place their outfits into. During last years trip to Disney, I unpacked the kids clothes and used the cubes to organize the %#@* in my backpack.

Bonus: I use a small one everyday to keep diapers/wipes/changing pad together in the diaper bag. Just grab it out and no digging or searching.
ThreeSweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #387
pmb0417
Earning My Ears

Smile

I have to agree on the OTC drugs. My husband was complaining that I was carrying too many, and then one day at the park, he needed tylenol and my son needed benedryl and I needed my excedrin migraine, then we ran into my mother-in-law and she neede imodium..
pmb0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #388
trishalynn
Earning My Ears

Great tips!
trishalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #389
AmandaNied
Mouseketeer

Fingernail clippers...every time we go anyplace overnight, someone always has a fingernail issue...and no clippers. I have about 10 pairs of fingernail clippers from all over the country.
AmandaNied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #390
MayzDisney4
Pink Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNied View Post
Fingernail clippers...every time we go anyplace overnight, someone always has a fingernail issue...and no clippers. I have about 10 pairs of fingernail clippers from all over the country.
This is so funny because my family has the same issue! For some reason we never have nail clippers packed!

I haven't had the chance to go through all the stuff on this list, but I bring a handsoap pump from home (like softsoap) to leave by the sink in our hotel.
1999 Disney Cruise/Dixie Landings, 2000 ASMu, 2001 ASMo, 2003 AllSp, 2004 Off Site, 2005 POP, 2006 OKW, 2007 ASMo, June 2008 DLH/Grand Californian/Paradise Pier, June 2009 - AKV/ASMu/SSR, January 2010 CBR, May 2010 Pop (Mommy/Daddy only!), May 2011 AKV/VWL, Dec 2011 OKW, May 2012 Poly (Mommy/Daddy only), Sept/Oct 2012 Grand California Villas, June 2013 BCV/ AKL/ BLT, Feb 2014 OKW
MayzDisney4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: