Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #286
Grants Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfrobison View Post
I just came across a GREAT new product while shopping for our trip! They are laundry cloths w/ detergent, fabric softener, & dryer sheet in one. They are made by Purex & are $6.00 for 24. Just put one sheet in w/ your laundry & then transfer it w/ the clothes to the dryer. Perfect for packing also!

Our local news station does a segment called "does it work Wednesday" and they test new products that the viewers write in and ask to be tested. They tested those this week.....they gave it a "B" Grade. I think that it is a little pricey but would be totally worth it for the use of traveling!

THRID TRIP Booked for May 23, 2009 7 night stay at the CBR
Second Trip: April 2001
First Tip: Christmas 1982

http://photobucket.com/Grants_Mom
http://www.myspace.com/simplymade4u
Grants Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #287
Grants Mom
Earning My Ears

here are the few things I took last week that I am glad I did take:
1.Power Strip - we had the laptop and a few other things to plug in and charge each night -this kept them all in one place.
2.liquid dish soap to wash the refillable mugs with.
3.laundry detergent - took a small bottle and went and did laundry - don't for get extra cash or quarters for this one too!
4. suction cup hooks for the shower - helped keep stuff straight.
5.back pack (but after seeing people at the parks they had back packs with the rollers on them - hello i wish i had that idea).
6. misting fan - it got warm people
7. wish i would have had - pool toys for my son to play with at the pool
8. 2pr of shoes for each of us - did not do this for my 6yr old and wish i would have - by the end of the week he was not happy with his feet.
9. we took food (we did not buy the food plan and had a fridge in our room) saved us from buying 2 meals a day - we ate cereal and toast in the mornings and some sort of sandwich for lunch.
10. wish i would have froze my bottles of water before i left - even tho we had the fridge it was not the coldest i have seen.....this would have helped in many ways.
11.do not bother taking chocolate chip cookies for snacks at the park - omg - we took famous Amos cookies and my son made a mess every time he ate them since the chocolate was melted.
12.plastic containers for your snacks - if you do not want them crushed....we took the bags of cookies and then cheese its and things like that....by the end of the week we were dumping bags of crumbs into our mouths.

that is all the tips/things to pack i can think of now - my brain is tired - have a good night and will post more later if i can think of anything - hope this helps some!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #288
SpacedOut
First in line for Space Mountain ERT

Here's what worked for me...

Last year, I knew I was going to WDW in late August, so I bought a new pair of sneakers in the spring for the expess purpose of having all summer to break them in for my trip. Worked like a charm! Because, no matter how much money you have, you can't buy broken in shoes at WDW!

It is always a great idea, as the PP suggested, to bring a 2nd pair of broken in shoes, in case one gets wet, etc. It is no fun walking around anywhere in wet shoes!
You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

- Jimmy Buffet, Boat Drinks
First Niagara Center Walt Disney World
SpacedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #289
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

You all just scratched me where I itch!!! LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #290
emmakatbaby
Proudmomof3

Boudreaux's

I live in south Louisiana and we have a product called Boudreaux's Butt Paste which is for diaper rashes in babies. It is also great to use for "chaffing" between the legs from pants constantly rubbing when hot and sweaty. My DS 7 already asked me if I packed it for our upcoming trip!! I guess some memories are still there form our last trip!! Anyway my suggestion for adding to this packing list is SOMETHING, ANYTHING for chaffing.

A family who LOVES everything Disney
DH Me DS 16 DS 12 DD 9
emmakatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #291
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already...

...but if you have young children and will be staying in a room that has a door leading to a balcony, bring a small string of bells (like jingle bells) to tie onto the handle of the sliding door.

The doors do have "locks" but they are not child-resistant!

At least if you hear the jingling bells, you know someone is wiggling that handle!! Of course, children should be supervised at all times, but its so easy for them to get into mischief when you turn your back "for only a minute...."

*Also, to be safe, never leave the chairs outside when not in use. Little ones can push them up to the edge of the balcony and climb up on them so they can see.

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #292
Grants Mom
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tip on Butt Paste, I personally took some Vaseline. I had heard to get something called Body Glide but could not find it here in my town.

Great idea about the bells!!! Never thought of something like that.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #293
bzzybee13
Mouseketeer

We bought a playard tent from Tots In Mind for about $45. DS2 can climb out of his playpen and I was so worried about him getting out to the balcony while we are sleeping. He has the crib tent at home so I don't think he will mind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already...

...but if you have young children and will be staying in a room that has a door leading to a balcony, bring a small string of bells (like jingle bells) to tie onto the handle of the sliding door.

The doors do have "locks" but they are not child-resistant!

At least if you hear the jingling bells, you know someone is wiggling that handle!! Of course, children should be supervised at all times, but its so easy for them to get into mischief when you turn your back "for only a minute...."

*Also, to be safe, never leave the chairs outside when not in use. Little ones can push them up to the edge of the balcony and climb up on them so they can see.

Kathy
2006 - Me, DH, DD, my sister & her BF at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
2009 - Me, DH, DD & DS at Sheraton Vistana Resort
11/2012 - Me, DH, DD & DS at Marriott's Grande Vista
bzzybee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #294
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

I printed out this list and the only thing I needed to add was a "regular" size bar of soap (personal choice!) and may have been on this great list, but I missed it!!

WDWAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #295
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

This thread is really excellent and just so much fun to read. I'm not through all the posts however...here is one for consideration. A couple of years ago I had 8 teenagers with me in one of the Grand Villas in Old Key West (ohhh was that nice!!!!!!). In any case, before leaving for Orlando, I printed out all the park schedules and taped them to all the bedroom doors and the fridge. That way they could easily see the extra magic hours. We also left a shorthad pad on the dining table so they could log in where they were or what their plans for the day were. It's turned out to be a funny dialog and a wonderful keepsake!

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #296
chewysmom
Mouseketeer

Awesome thread!

Currently tickerless but I'm working on it!
chewysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #297
tinkerbellsmom05
Earning My Ears

One thing I always bring are those 3M hooks and a dark shower curtain. The value resorts don't have a privacy curtain between the bed area and vanity. This always helps when changing or when my daughter is still sleeping and someone needs to get up early to start getting ready...it helps block out the light. You can find a cheap shower curtain at the dollar store.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va24v8ulk5bv8zb.png[/img]

WDW Aug 1972, Aug 1974, Aug 1978, Aug 1981, Aug1982, May 1986, July 1989, June 1992, Oct 2003, Oct2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Oct 2008, Feb 2009, May 2009, Oct 2009, Nov 2010, Aug 2012
tinkerbellsmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #298
toledo13
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellsmom05 View Post
One thing I always bring are those 3M hooks and a dark shower curtain. The value resorts don't have a privacy curtain between the bed area and vanity. This always helps when changing or when my daughter is still sleeping and someone needs to get up early to start getting ready...it helps block out the light. You can find a cheap shower curtain at the dollar store.
hmmm... ASMu had a curtain up already . But, I was also in a handicapped accessible room- not sure if that makes a difference. That's a good idea!
toledo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #299
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-08-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #300
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
A couple of big metal clips to keep curtains closed tight if you prefer a really dark room to sleep in.
My DW has long hair. She takes large hair clips to put her hair up. We've learned these also help to keep the curtains closed tight.

Also, we use the Purex laundry sheets. Work great if you plan on doing laundry.

When we travel, sometimes we bring home some of the travel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion hotels leave for you in the room. Once we use them up, we rinse them out and fill them up with our own shampoos and stuff. We usually bring one with dish soap to rinse out our portable cups.

Maybe I missed them somewhere, but I didn't see sun visors or caps. I'll admit I have a bald spot and my hair is slowly falling out. So I take a cap along to keep my scalp from getting burned.

I also take along a Leatherman (all in one tool). Been times I've had to fix luggage or other stuff from the airport attendants just tossing luggage around. Gotta pack in your checked baggage though. They won't allow it on your carry-on. DW wife used to laugh at me for taking this along, until one year I had to fix her luggage. Luggage handle wouldn't release because it got bent. My leatherman had a screwdriver on it, so I was able to take off the handle, fix the bend and put it back on.

My last item for now; DW bought me a portable manicure kit for Christmas 2 years ago. Inside it, it has nail clippers of all sizes. It also has a shoe horn, nail file, tweezers, comb, lint brush and corkscrew with bottle opener. It came in a leather zip up case and travels very well. I think she bought it at Walmart.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure and list it. Seems everything is pretty well covered. Great thread.

Last edited by Thumper_Man; 09-28-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: