Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008, 06:11 AM   #136
msminniemouse
DIS Veteran

Carabiners & Water Bottle Straps

Does anyone know where I can buy the metal carabiner rings? I have a small misting fan, and the carabiner ring attached to it broke.
Also, do you know where I could buy the straps that attach to water bottles?
Thanks.

Last edited by msminniemouse; 07-31-2008 at 06:46 AM.
msminniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 AM   #137
Disney Crazy Debbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminniemouse View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy the metal carabiner rings? I have a small misting fan, and the carabiner ring attached to it broke.
Thanks.
You can get those at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. in the sporting goods section, usually by the register.

1975 - Holiday Inn, Orlando; 12/1975 (WDW), 2/1976 (WDW), 4/1976 (WDW) and 4/83 (DL) - day visits; 6/80 - Lake Buena Vista; 9/2000 Caribbean Beach Resort; 8/2004 POFQ; 8/2006 BCR and Disney Cruise; 6/2007 Disney Land Paris; 07/31/2012 Port Orleans French Quarters
Disney Crazy Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 AM   #138
xPrincessSmilesx
Mouseketeer

Looking at that list the mind boggles. How will our family of 6 - including 3 teenage girls and a 3 year old - get all our stuff on the plane, for a 2 & 1/2 weeks we'll take up the whole hold, and unless we all learn how to water ski the Atlantic flying is the only option!!

Although it's a long while before we need to start thinking about packing
xPrincessSmilesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #139
Disney Crazy Debbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPrincessSmilesx View Post
Looking at that list the mind boggles. How will our family of 6 - including 3 teenage girls and a 3 year old - get all our stuff on the plane, for a 2 & 1/2 weeks we'll take up the whole hold, and unless we all learn how to water ski the Atlantic flying is the only option!!

You can always mail those items that you need but are not necessary from home. Say, sunscreen, etc. box it up and mail it to yourself at the resort where you will be staying. I have heard of people doing that.

1975 - Holiday Inn, Orlando; 12/1975 (WDW), 2/1976 (WDW), 4/1976 (WDW) and 4/83 (DL) - day visits; 6/80 - Lake Buena Vista; 9/2000 Caribbean Beach Resort; 8/2004 POFQ; 8/2006 BCR and Disney Cruise; 6/2007 Disney Land Paris; 07/31/2012 Port Orleans French Quarters
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #140
Disney Crazy Debbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can always mail those items that you need but are not necessary from home. Say, sunscreen, etc. box it up and mail it to yourself at the resort where you will be staying. I have heard of people doing that.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 AM   #141
xPrincessSmilesx
Mouseketeer

Would that not be expensive though from overseas.

Also we're staying offsite in a villa not a resort. Will look into it though.
xPrincessSmilesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:05 AM   #142
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:

I thought the same thing- If I packed all of that I would look like the Vanderbilt's packing up all of their belongings to move to the Breakers for the summer

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #143
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Would that not be expensive though from overseas.

Also we're staying offsite in a villa not a resort. Will look into it though.
I wonder if ordering some of your supplies online to have delivered to your resort might be more cost effective and less hassle. Some of the prices might be cheaper in the U.S. than in Britain. I live in Canada and did this for a small number of items on our last WDW trip and it worked out really well!
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #144
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

I just ordered our water/breakfast food and snacks from Garden Grocer. It is very simple and delivery was $12 so not to bad! They are delivering to our resort. Very handy! Especially with the limited luggage thing now.
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO & DISNEYLAND

LISAMWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #145
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminniemouse View Post
Thanks.
Here's a whole thead on them: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1883404

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #146
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone.....
Thank you again to everyone who has helped keep this thread going. I am leaving early Tuesday morning. And I am almost packed !!
I will obviously be unable to update the list once I go - so if anyone wants to copy and paste the first list and add anything in the next couple weeks.... please do !! This has been SO much help to me. I wasn't running around the house with my skattered brain trying to remember everything. Instead I printed this out, used a yellow highlighter and when it went into the case I highlighted. I hope everyone else finds this as helpful as I did.
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #147
bauerchic
Earning My Ears

I'm so jealous! we still have 44 days...not that I'm counting.
My question here is, the "chunky" sharpies. I've been to office depot and office max, and the only big ones I found were RIDICULOUSLY huge. I got a "regular" retractable sharpie that's longer than the capped top, is this going to work for me? Do I need to return them and go for ridiculous?
thanks!!
bauerchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #148
MomtoEmIs&Ow
DIS Veteran

Great thread, it is really helpful!!!

MomtoEmIs&Ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:13 AM   #149
Chicklogic
Mouseketeer

I haven't read through all of the posts yet(i'm only on page 3) so if this has been montioned.....sorry

If the beach is part of your vacation you NEED to bring BABY POWDER! It removes all of that unwanted sand off from your body in a flash.

I have had so much sand in unwanted places that I could have sworn I was forming a pearl!
Chicklogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #150
goNsoon2WDW
DIS Veteran

This is really helpful. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful tips. I have a couple of others I would like to add...

1) Hamper --- We bring a few large garbage bags instead of the pop-up hamper. I put a dryer sheet in each one and then hang one from the hooks in the room (or a door hinge works too) and then use it as a hamper. Not that the dryer sheet will completely cover the potental odors, but it helps. When it is full, throw in another dryer sheet and we compress the clothes in the bag and put it all in one of the suitcases and consider it packed for home. It is amazing how the clothes can be squished down and this keeps dirty separate from clean. Then when I get home I just dump the bags and start with the tons of laundry we seem to bring back.

2) Toothbrush/Toothpaste --- I know a lot of people tend to buy a brand new toothbrush and get a new tube of toothpaste for their vacations. I tend to do the opposite. I bring a toothbrush that is getting ready to be tossed and then at the end of the trip there is one less thing to bring back. I actually try to do this with most toiletries. There is something to be said for a fresh new toothbrush, razor, or whatever, but I would much rather have less to bring back home.

3) Water Bottle Holders/Covers--- There are some really cute water bottle holders sold at WDW that are shaped like mickey heads. The only problem we have run into is that water tends to get warm very quickly, so we also bring water bottle covers that are like Koozies to at least try to keep the water cooler for a while. Plus each are a different color/pattern so we can tell who's is who's.

4) Fanny Packs --- I provide/curse my boys with a fanny pack in the parks to hold contact information and some small bags of snacks that they can munch on throughout the day. This also gives a great place to connect a clip with a water bottle holder. I prefer to connect those sports clips to the fanny pack rather than their shorts. Some of their shorts do not have belt loops and I really don't need three bottles of water hanging from me.

Hope someone finds these helpful.
goNsoon2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: