Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

When to Honeymoon-3 options!

My honeymoon is still a ways away (2014 or 2015). We are getting married Nov. 2014, and because I am a teacher, we are unable to go to WDW right after our wedding.

We have three options, Christmas break, Easter break, and July (DFs job prevents him from going in Aug., or else that would be my first choice!) None of these time really excite me, thinking about crowds and/or heat, but this is our dream honeymoon destination and there's no way around it!

What would you do if you were in my shoes?? Which time would you pick?!Pros, cons, suggestions, etc.. are appreciated!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
penguinkimberly
Mouseketeer

I would pick Easter break!!! Not all schools shut down for long periods over Easter, some just give long weekends. Been there over Christmas and will never do again. And July is just to hot!!! Whenever you go you will have an amazing time, congrats!!!
penguinkimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
EeyoreME
Earning My Ears

I also would say easter break, i went one year during easter and it was really nice!

Past Trips- Polynesian, Port Orleans Riverside, Orange Lake Resorts (09/2013)
EeyoreME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I would've thought Easter break would be too crazy, glad to know it's not that bad!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Christmas is a fantastic time -- seeing the parks/resorts all decorated and NYE at EPCOT is the best. On the down side - it is CROWDED!!!! Packed!

July is really hot & sticky and humid. Afternoon downpours which do not last long but do happen. It is also crowded then but not as bad as Christmas. You woud use alot of pool time.

Depending on what month Easter falls in, the weather is alot nicer, you mgiht have the Flower & Garden festival and the crowds are not as bad as your other two choices.

Congrats!

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Well I can say I have been at Christmas and it is a mad house. However, you know that going into it so it is not bad since you expect it. It is nice to see everything decorated at WDW. We have been at times when we thought it would be not crowded and it was packed. That was a bigger dissapointment and throws your plans off.

Easter can be hit or miss. I have never been at that time and have see people post over the years that it was crowded. Some posted that it was not crowded at all. Temperature wise it would probably be a great time to go.

July is hot and crowded. I live in the south so the heat is not bad. Just take your time and drink plenty of water.

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon 18 years ago and it was the best! For a special occasion I would go at Christmas. Just know at the beginning it will be crowded and take advantage of early entry and extra magic hours.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
KateB
Mouseketeer

I vote for Christmas! My DH and I went on our honeymoon at Christmas 4 years ago. I am a teacher so I understand the weird scheduling. We need to have lots of time and having 10 days instead of 7 makes a huge difference. Yes, it will be busy- very busy. BUT you will have more time. Not to mention how beautiful the parks and resorts are. The Osborne Festival of Lights is amazing and you have to love the snow. We have already talked about going back over Christmas just to see how amazing the resorts look. Plus, ring in the new year at WDW on your honeymoon.
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
elriel
Earning My Ears

We went over Easter and loved it
elriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

I'm seeing that summer may not be the best idea! Thank you so much for your thoughts!!

ME (28) DF (29)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: