Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #271
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

It was payback for the credit cards... don't bet her anything else... ok???

Just remember... "Yes Dear..."

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #272
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

It’s time to kick back and unwind….like we haven’t already been doing that for 3 days now. Playing on the movie screen downstairs is Wall-E. We agree to both head down and watch that movie since we both enjoyed it the first time we saw it. Didn’t make it, though. Why? Cuz we’re lazy. There’s just so many ways to be a total laze on the ship that a movie actually seems like work compared to just grabbing a lounge chair and chilling with a cold one. So, what won out? Chilling with a cold one. Obviously. All afternoon. Again. We spent a little time on the verandah watching the streets of Cozumel from a distance, and a little time up by the Quiet Cove pool just vegging out. It was nice for the most part. There was one thing, which I’ll go into in a few minutes. It was what chased us away from the pool to the verandah. I’ll get back to that.

After spending the afternoon goofing off I just kind of roamed the top decks of the ship while waiting for us to take off. Meanwhile, the Carnival Holiday is next door getting ready to leave. I watch this ancient, rusty, dirty ship from the top deck of the Magic and remember just how happy I am to be on the Magic. Because I know what’s coming. There…it starts…the Carnival Holiday sounds its horn. C’mon Magic! Show them what its all about. Sure enough just a few seconds later comes the horn acknowledgement from the Magic’s bridge. Okay, so now the Holiday tries to show off by blasting us with their excuse for a horn. Takes a few seconds but sure enough, there it is…ALRIGHT! Our turn now….WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR! We’re about to shame them with our fantastic horn! Anytime now…..

Maybe they just need to flip a switch or something.

Any second now….

But no, Captain Thord wimps out. The Carnival Holiday sails off with no fight. I was beyond disappointed. One of the things I had been looking forward to is the horn contest they always seem to have in St. Maarten, and I was hoping to have one here to replace it.

Crap.

7:25 PM. A perfect evening in Cozumel. The moon is out shining bright. The water is just perfect. The sounds and lights of Cozumel are a few hundred yards off of the starboard side of the ship. My wife and I are on the top deck when the ship plays that horn to let everyone know it was about time to leave. We were looking over to Cozumel. Noone is on the walkway coming back. Then, even from the distance we’re out, we can see her. Sprinting down the streets of Cozumel. If I didn’t know better I’d think someone was after her. She darts into the shopping area that makes up the entranceway to the port. A few minutes later she’s sprinting down the dock. The horn blows again. She goes into overdrive. There are at least 3 shopping bags in her hand and at this point in time I don’t think she cares if she gets back with them or not. I look down the ship’s side. The ropes have already been removed. The dock workers are simply standing there, staring at the lady as she sprints towards them. She never slows down and does this almost dive onto the gangplank and into the ship. The instant she’s in, the gangplank disappears. Within 15 seconds of her hitting that door we had already pulled away from the dock. It made for good entertainment for a few minutes…

Okay, here’s a little confession out to the internet world. I’m vain. My hair is very important to me. Thus, I start getting paranoid about the getup for the pirate party that my wife and I have planned. It includes Mickey ears on a pirate hat. My hair is going to be so ruined. But, we do it. It’s a mild pirate version, but it’s there. Jeans, my pirate shirt I showed earlier, along with an earring and pirate hat. Just to get a little into the experience.

But, we got embarrassed. Clearly we had not put enough effort into our outfits. You see, we had a tablemate who was a little on the crazy side. A few minutes after we sit down, here comes Fitz with his hands up in the air. TM (tablemate) is marching behind Fitz in full pirate regalia with a plastic sword in Fitz’s back like he’s holding the guy captive. All the waiters are looking around with this question on their faces like “Should we call security?” Fitz is just laughing.

After dinner and the typical pirate party, we head down to the club for karaoke. TM gets it started. He was okay, but then a guy followed him who sang Come Sail Away by Styx. He absolutely brought down the house. Meanwhile TM is trying to get this absolutely tone deaf boy to sing a song. I politely informed him that I would only sing You Don’t Have to Call Me Darlin by David Allen Coe but nothing else. He went back three times trying to find a song I would sing. Finally I remembered that wasn’t even the real name of the song. I checked later and sure enough they had it under a different name. I neglected to inform TM of that fact. Was that wrong?

It’s 12:30 AM after a long day in Cozumel. I make my way back to my usual spot on the verandah and listen to the waves while sipping on my amaretto. 5 minute later, I’m out. Night folks. See you in Costa Maya.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: DON’T LET YOUR KIDS INTO THE QUIET COVE AREA. EVEN IF YOU THINK THEY’RE THE PERFECT CHILDREN. BECAUSE NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU’LL HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD MELTDOWN ABOUT HOW MOM AND DAD ARE TREATING HER LIKE A REDHEADED STEPCHILD WHEN THE GIRL IS BLACK HAIRED AND LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS ADOPTED FROM CHINA. NOT THAT I SAW THIS HAPPEN OR ANYTHING. (I DID. AND IT TOOK THEM A GOOD 10 MINUTES TO DRAG HER FROM THE AREA WITH DISNEY SECURITY THREATENING TO QUARANTINE THEM TO THEIR ROOM.)
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #273
cheeringmom
Out of the mouth of babes
Eat lots and be merry!
HAHA my kind of gal!
Taglikins!
Mine are way too sweet. But they can be deceiveing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post

7:25 PM. A perfect evening in Cozumel. The moon is out shining bright. The water is just perfect. The sounds and lights of Cozumel are a few hundred yards off of the starboard side of the ship. My wife and I are on the top deck when the ship plays that horn to let everyone know it was about time to leave. We were looking over to Cozumel. Noone is on the walkway coming back. Then, even from the distance we’re out, we can see her. Sprinting down the streets of Cozumel. If I didn’t know better I’d think someone was after her. She darts into the shopping area that makes up the entranceway to the port. A few minutes later she’s sprinting down the dock. The horn blows again. She goes into overdrive. There are at least 3 shopping bags in her hand and at this point in time I don’t think she cares if she gets back with them or not. I look down the ship’s side. The ropes have already been removed. The dock workers are simply standing there, staring at the lady as she sprints towards them. She never slows down and does this almost dive onto the gangplank and into the ship. The instant she’s in, the gangplank disappears. Within 15 seconds of her hitting that door we had already pulled away from the dock. It made for good entertainment for a few minutes…

.)
I would have paid money to see that! hahahahahaha

I LOVEFootball!!
cheeringmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #274
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

someone, somwhere should have done the decent thing and given that woman a score - like at the Olympics! She probably nailed a perfectly executed tuck and roll right into the gangway with purchases intact!
Now THAT is quality entertainment!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #275
ilovecraigandcooper
Mouseketeer

Loving the report!
mom to cooper,
child of God
ilovecraigandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #276
Mozart

Wednesday, November 12th
Being on a cruise is a beautiful thing. One great thing about it is that you’re not living on anyone else’s timetable. The only things you have to do on time are get back on the ship, and eat. Other than that, you’re on your own. So, in order to continue the lazy theme of the trip we’ve had so far, we slept in the morning of Costa Maya. We didn’t get up until after 10:00. Central Time. That’s almost like sleeping until noon back home. But we’d been to Costa Maya before and didn’t really feel like we’d missed a lot. So, we just moved slowly all morning long. We were so tired that we did something we refuse to do. We went to Topsider’s Buffet. Yep, that’s right. We went to the buffet. We never do that. We must’ve been exhausted.
Finally, we got going and headed into Costa Maya. “You know what?” my wife says. “maybe we should bring some cash with us instead of relying on credit cards.”

That was a good idea.

Did we ever need cash! Costa Maya features much more native stuff than what you get in Cozumel. It’s a really raw port, which is the way I remembered it from years ago. Nothing but native stuff there. If you’re interested in actual Mexican arts and crafts, Costa Maya is the place for you. One of the things that were huge there were all the different kinds of pottery, and bathroom sinks. If you have any interest in redoing a bathroom or kitchen in Mexican décor, Costa Maya has some absolutely gorgeous sinks for you to peruse. We did hear from numerous people though that Costa Maya is not a safe place to be after dark. Fortunately, we didn’t hear that until after the ship had already left port.

P.S. What’s the deal with my wife and monkey pictures? And no one better say anything smart about pictures with me!

While we were there, my wife took a picture of, literally, every sink in Costa Maya. If you want to see more, just let me know, I’ve got about 20 of them.

After looking at sinks we’ll never buy, we enjoyed a drink at the bar in the middle of Costa Maya. The one that has a pool. It’s in the background:

Now, here’s one thing to learn about Costa Maya. They don’t take credit cards. The bar at the pool worked in cash only. We didn’t know that, so it turned out to be a good thing that we had gone back to the ship and grabbed more cash. Unfortunately, we hadn’t grabbed enough and when I started calculating how much things would cost, I realized that the $15 we had on us wasn’t going to go very far. So, I cancelled my second beer. That hurt. I mean, I would have to wait through the entire walk back to the ship before I could get another drink. My life is torture.

But not as bad as the guy who decided to bring some shells with him back from Costa Maya. He was directly in front of us at DCL security getting back onto the boat. Seems the person selling him the shells had gi ven him a song and dance about being okay to bring these shells back on the ship because they had been bleached. So, security asks him to open up his bag and let them look at the shells.

They had not been bleached. As a matter of fact, I could see the bugs crawling in the shells. Before he was allowed on the ship, his bag had to be disinfected, he had to be disinfected, and his travelling companions and their bags had to be disinfected.

The morale of the story is: Don’t bring back shells. Especially not ones with bugs crawling in them. Or if you do, don't make your spouse walk with you. She might not be too happy about the results.

Coming up soon: Palo’s.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #277
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

So only one beer was had in Costa Maya... SERIOUSLY? Im guessing you were saving room for Palo's right.. thats the reason.. really.. right..???
Old 06-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #278
cheeringmom
Out of the mouth of babes
Eat lots and be merry!
HAHA my kind of gal!
Taglikins!
Mine are way too sweet. But they can be deceiveing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Wednesday, November 12th

But not as bad as the guy who decided to bring some shells with him back from Costa Maya. He was directly in front of us at DCL security getting back onto the boat. Seems the person selling him the shells had gi ven him a song and dance about being okay to bring these shells back on the ship because they had been bleached. So, security asks him to open up his bag and let them look at the shells.

They had not been bleached. As a matter of fact, I could see the bugs crawling in the shells. Before he was allowed on the ship, his bag had to be disinfected, he had to be disinfected, and his travelling companions and their bags had to be disinfected.

The morale of the story is: Don’t bring back shells. Especially not ones with bugs crawling in them. Or if you do, don't make your spouse walk with you. She might not be too happy about the results.

Coming up soon: Palo’s.
hahahhahahaha first the lady who almost missed the boat and now the shell guy. Too funny. We never saw any funny stuff like that on board. What a bummer. Keep em coming....Next time I will have to hang out with you guys

I LOVEFootball!!
cheeringmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #279
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
So only one beer was had in Costa Maya... SERIOUSLY? Im guessing you were saving room for Palo's right.. thats the reason.. really.. right..???
Seriously...cash crunch. We literally had about $12 on us when we sat down at the bar, and they didn't take credit cards. Had they taken credit cards, we would have had quite a few more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeringmom View Post
hahahhahahaha first the lady who almost missed the boat and now the shell guy. Too funny. We never saw any funny stuff like that on board. What a bummer. Keep em coming....Next time I will have to hang out with you guys
Nah, we are boring. We just inspire those around us to do stupid things. It's sort of like telepathy.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #280
anetnmike

Old 06-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #281
Mozart

I have a shocking thing to reveal that happened after we got back on board the ship from Costa Maya. Wait for it. Here it comes….

We took a nap. I know. You’re shocked. But we did. I guess we had just made the decision to sleep right through this vacation because it seemed like that’s all we were doing. Absolutely exhausted all week long. And it’s not like it was one of us, we were both sleeping all morning and crashing in the afternoon. My wife said that we were so excited in the buildup to the cruise that once it started we lost all that excitement and got caught up in the relaxation. Like losing the adrenaline after a big rush of it.

But that night there was something else to look forward to. Always one of the highlights of our trip…Palo’s. Late afternoon came and we decided that it was time to get ready. But it’s only a 7 night cruise. And I’m out of shaving cream. How exactly do you run out of shaving cream on a 7 day cruise? Gotta hurry now. Run down to the Treasure Ketch (or Mickey’s Mates. I can never get straight which one is which) and get some more, really expensive, shaving cream. Run back to the room and shave, shower, and get cleaned up. It’s time for a show.

We generally only go to 1 show on each of our cruises. On our first cruise it was The Golden Mickeys. On our second it was Hercules. For our 7 nighter we picked Twice Charmed. I would rate it second of those three shows. We thought Hercules was a little more entertaining, but Twice Charmed was still really good. As a primer for any people who haven’t seen it, the basic concept is that Cinderella’s stepmother consults an evil godfather who takes her back in time and arranges for Cindy to not meet Prince Charming. Hilarity ensues. The show was really stolen by Franco(the evil godfather), who reminded me a lot of Nathan Lane.

2 observations from the show. 1) At the end of the show, we applauded Cinderella’s actress like you normally do at shows, but I felt bad because it had been obvious that there had been 2 actresses playing Cinderella during the show. They were making costume changes in about 10 seconds, literally. Was the other Cindy standing just offstage going “Why does SHE get all the applause? Just because she gets to wear the nice dress at the end…” 2) My second observation kind of scared me. After all the care about fires and matches and candles that the cruise line gives, did you think it unusual to have fireworks in an enclosed area like that? It made me feel a little nervous thinking about what could happen. Out on deck is one thing, but in an enclosed theater kinda scared me.

Please, please, PLEASE remember that during the show you need to show courtesy towards others with regard to how your children are behaving in the theater. I know that it can be hard dealing with a fussy 4 year old while you’re trying to watch a show, but please take into account that while that 4 year old is crying, he’s preventing everyone sitting anywhere near you from hearing the show.

There was the kid sitting next to DW who wouldn’t shut up and mommy wouldn’t do anything about it other than say “Shhhh1” every now and then. After about 10 minutes of my wife doing her best to make it be known that she was unhappy, Dad finally got up and grabbed the kid, yanking him out of there and saying in that angry parent whisper “YOU WILL SHUT UP NOW.” The guy sitting behind us applauded. We actually got to hear what was going on onstage after that.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #282
anetnmike

They have these really awesome thing on the cruise ships called KIDS CLUBS
if your kid hates it there they will page you and you can come and get your little darling
I have to agree with you, Mozart, and I have kids!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #283
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Glad you didnt say anything about adults passing out and snoring.... just saying. lol
Old 06-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #284
anetnmike

Old 08-22-2009, 01:28 AM   #285
ededmd
Mouseketeer

Mozart,
Where are you?
Starting a new job, hard.
Being abandoned in your trip report, harder!
ededmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: