Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #256
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

I agree!
almost too pretty to eat...almost!
DH would be amused at the abreviated fire station picture.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #257
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ummmm Mozart...

I don't have a mustache...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #258
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

The whole group... Ian, Me, My mom and Sukie

& the "famous" mustached one (Sukie) and his best friend Cecelia...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #259
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

After brunch we continued the theme of fine dining and expensive alcohol by going to a wine tasting. I learned one very important thing about wine that I kind of already knew. I canít tell anything about wine. I can detect if one is a red or a white, but thatís about it. I certainly canít notice the subtle fragrances that everyone else seems to rave about. I came to the conclusion that I have a bad sniffer. To me wine is like sushi, I either think itís good or bad. Not much beyond that I can really tell you about it. I was able to notice that a Riesling smells like a good black tea. DW on the other hand, was calling out the subtle fragrance differences. How nice for her.

After the feeling of incompetence which resulted from the wine tasting, my wife and I did that thing that all cruises should be centered around. We went to the bar, got a fruity drink, and headed down to the room for some quality time on the verandah. After a few hours of just watching the waves go by and feeling the wind on our faces, we decided we needed to go do something. What did we do? We grabbed another round of drinks and created new buttnotches at the Cove Cafť for a few more hours. I read Stephen Colbertís entire book that afternoon, and started on one by Tim Russert. Holli just slept most of the time.

So, finally it became time for the early dinner seating to head down to eat. Now, if you ever wanted a little quiet personal time on a Disney ship, this is it. NOONE is out during early seating. All the early seating people are at dinner and everyone else is at the show. We had decided not to attend the show so we just hung out on deck. As we walked to the front of the ship, there stood a ping-pong table. It looked lonely. DW and I decided that we would give it some company by playing a little match.

Hereís where I got myself in trouble for the next few days. First one to 11 wins right? My wife jumps out to a lead of like 9-2. Iím confused, I donít remember how to play the game. My confidence is shot. Then, it happens. SLAM! TAKE THAT SHOT, HUN! Next thing either of us knows, I win in a miracle comeback.

It would not be forgotten, much to my chagrin.

Next Up:
Define table manners.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #260
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

oh your day at sea sounded so relaxing! Thats what I will be doing next time.

Oh and dont feel bad about not smelling the differences I cant either.. but thats cuz I CANT SMELL. seriously nothing nada zero zilch. A fire would have to be in my nose burning the nose hairs for me to smell smoke! lol
Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 AM   #261
anetnmike

reading an entire book...that sounds like heaven to me! I have yet to even crack one open let alone have time to create a proper buttnotch!
sounds like you had no problem appreciating the subtle fragrances of your fruity drinks! see? no worries! you have talent and skill Mozart!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #262
Tink rules

(don't let it go to your head Mozart... )

Old 04-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #263
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

What a great TR! I just found it this afternoon and sat and read the whole thing! Subscribing now so I can get the updates ....
CPer'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #264
anetnmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #265
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
A fire would have to be in my nose burning the nose hairs for me to smell smoke! lol
So, E has permission to use those military flares in the house like fireworks? Cool! I'm coming over to your house for Cinco de Mayo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
reading an entire book...that sounds like heaven to me! I have yet to even crack one open let alone have time to create a proper buttnotch!
Seriously, the Stephen Colbert book can easily be read in a few hours and is absolutely one of the funniest things I have ever read. But, it you want politically correct...not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
It's already in my head. I have a halo around my head. Don't you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPer'sMom View Post
What a great TR! I just found it this afternoon and sat and read the whole thing! Subscribing now so I can get the updates ....
I appreciate the fact that some people around here really understand all the hard work and effort I put into this. (That said only half-jokingly.)

Seriously, if I'm in any way helping to enhance someone's experience with DCL in general, then I feel like the work is worth it. And believe me, trying to write something that you hope people will find entertaining is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Makes me jealous of other people's gifts on this board, that's for sure.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #266
Mozart

So, we get to dinner and only one of the other 3 couples are there. It happens to be the couple we got along with the best during the week, so weíre having a great conversation when the guy says ďHey, when we eat with other couples, we like to share our plates. Would you mind if we all shared a little bit off of each others plate?Ē

We could be rude and say no here. After all, I had concerns about the cleanliness of this. But we decided to be nice and try it. It was done in a hygienic manner where we exchanged the food before anyone had started eating it. I, however, being funny about my food didnít really want to try anyone elseís so I just took very small bites.

For the record, my dinner this night consisted of an excellent Roast Beef Wellington, Cheese Souffle, Pear Salad, and Double Chocolate Delight. All were good, the roast beef in particular.

You know, I just donít get all the complaints about DCLís food. Is it the quality of a high end gourmet restaurant? No. But then again those restaurants arenít trying to serve 1200 people in one sitting. The food is a little better than okay, and sometimes you get one thatís excellent. I only remember one bad meal here in my 3 cruises. Maybe weíve just been lucky.

After dinner it was down to the adult area. Heath Hyche was performing, and unfortunately, since dinner once again ran very long for us, we didnít get to catch the whole show. But I made an enemy. Yes, Heath Hyche got mad at me. First of all, his show was hilarious. But then he started talking about naked people. That brought up Matthew McConaghey. As soon as it did, I hollered out ďAlright, Alright, Alright.Ē in that voice the Matthew uses to say it. Heath Hyche just looks at me and says ďYou wanna come up here and do this?Ē I just shrunk back into the crowd. Then, Heath proceeds to go ďAlright, Alright, AlrightĒ and proceed.

That was a close one.

Heath finished up and the club turned into a dance club. The CD (I think his name was Danny) was encouraging everyone to get up and dance. The best dancers get a gift certificate to the spa. As my wife and I sat there and said ďNo way weíre dancing,Ē our tablemates who we were still with proceeded to get up and go into this grinding, sweaty, all over each other dirty dance, which included a couple of very R-rated moves. Danny just walked by them and shook his head. They kept going until he practically passed out under the lights.

We just sat there realizing our age. Weíre getting old.

After that, our age continues to show as we head back to the room and fall asleep yet again on the verandah to the sound of waves. I love this. If anyone knows of a CD thatís just an hour of waves crashing on the beach, please let me know. Iíve been looking for one but all the ones I can find have music on them. Basically, I want the Carefree Castaway Cay song from the Castaway Club album to last for about an hour at a time.

UP NEXT: Princess Piggie

Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #267
Morgan4
1st Time Cruiser

Great TR Mozart!

I saw you leaving the Promenade Lounge when I was going for our meet n greet. I wispered to my family "thats Mozart" like the famous star that you are. My DH was like WHO, what are you talking about???

From that point on, I never saw you again. You are a man of mystery!!

DH DW DD (12) DD (8)
2008 - Disney Magic Eastern, (turned into Western)
2006 - WDW, Caribbean Beach
2004 - WDW, All Star Movies
2002 - Animal Kingdom, no kids
DH - WDW, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1983
Morgan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #268
Mozart

Itís early Cozumel morning and this is the morning that our REAS breakfast is going to be delivered to our room. On the selection the night before, I had selected just about one of everything, thinking that they would deliver small amounts of food on each plate. Let me tell you somethingÖthey donít. I mean itís big chunks. 4 eggs benedict, a basket full of croissants, a whole plate of bacon, about 5-6 bagels and I donít remember what else we got but it was a lot of food. We ate all we could stand, finished it off with a glass of champagne, and then my wife stole all the teabags. Just remember that you can easily order too much food when youíre on this deal. This is one Princess breakfast where they make sure you have enough food, thatís for sure.

After breakfast we made our way over the pier to the city of Cozumel. Now, remember, this is before swine flu broke out so we werenít worried about getting sick. Being caught up in drug violence was a different story.

Okay, everyone who has been to Cozumel raise your hands. Higher. Okay, good. Now, everyone who felt like they were walking through a maze when they walked off the pier into the city, keep your hands up.

See, everyone left their hands up, except for you. Yeah, you. The guy in back with the sunglasses on. I saw you put your hand down. I bet youíre never really been to Cozumel, have you? HAVE YOU?

See, didnít think so.

They really make you turn around and around in an effort to get you to see every shop they have in that mall area. The only shop we were interested in was the Hard Rock Cafť. But then we get there and discover that they donít sell hurricane glasses in this particular one. This day is getting frustrating.Between that and the constant barrage of people trying to get you to come into their shop we were getting a little on edge.

Thatís when the parade started. You see my wife and I are both animal lovers (with the exception of spiders. We both hate spiders. Especially that black widow we found in our garden last weekend.) She really loves all other animals, though. So that meant as we were walking down the street, when we found the guy with the iguana she just had to pose for a picture. We paid $5 for that stupid picture. Then we hit the $1 monkey and the $1 parrot. Iguana guy hosed us. It was all location, though. He was right on the main street while the other two were kind of off to the side in a plaza. The parrot took the seed right out of my wifeís mouth. No way Iím letting something with a beak like that near my lips. Last time I hung out around a bird it tried to take off my ear. I can like them, but it doesnít mean I have to play with them. Just remember that.

We walked, and walked, and walked for what seemed like days. It was only about an hour or two though, but in the heat it was brutal. I donít see how the Mexicans down there wear long pants, dress shirts, and undershirts in that weather. And we were there in November. But after about 10 blocks, we bought our first Cozumel souvenir. A RON JON T-SHIRT! Yep, sure went all out with that one.

Granted, we had just been window shopping up until this point, and it was time to turn around and do some serious shopping on the way back. Fortunately for my wallet, the serious shopping consisted only of one purchase Ė a $90 Mexican nativity set. Thatís good because I donít consider anything over $25 to be a souvenir. Over that amount itís a personal purchase that cannot be paid for out of the joint money. So I made my wife put it on her credit card.

Suddenly she decided that the payments for her credit card should come out of the joint money since itís mostly for ďHome Improvements and stuff like that.Ē I always get hosed.

We had back to the ship for lunch. The food was okay. Not great, but okay. Like I said before, it wasnít a bad meal, it just wasnít a great meal either. But when you get right down to it, chicken broth is pretty plain no matter what you do to it.

After lunch we went to Diversions where we decided to sit down and play a few games. I guess because it was a port day, no one was onboard and we were the only ones hanging out down there. First we celebrated our teenage years by playing a game of 80ís trivial pursuit. I was destroying her. My 80ís knowledge was just pouring out of me. Meanwhile, she was concentrating on getting her piece of the pie for sports. Sports is not exactly her strong suit so she begged for mercy. I made a deal with her. She could take an arts and literature question to get her sports pie, and I could take a sports question to get my arts and literature pie. Now at this time, I was leading her 4 squares to 1. She suddenly gets on a hot streak where she can do no wrong and rattles off the other squares in lightning speed. I was left with my mouth wide open and tire smoke in my face. ďPayback for ping pongĒ she says.

After the miracle of trivial pursuit, I challenge her to a game of foosball. Itís game point, Iíve got a 5 point lead, when suddenly it happens again, she rattles off 6 straight point to win the game. Iím telling you, itís payback for the smack talk from the ping pong match the night before. The moral is: Let her buy more souvenirs. She wonít be so ticked at you and determined to kick your butt.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #269
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Definatly getting the Reas next time. Sound delish!

Your wife is daring, I wouldnt get close to ANY of those animals with a 10ft pole. And I like her.... and her thought process on the souvinours and game play... thats my kind of gal!

Btw no fireworks went off on Cinco De Mayo.. but lots of Beans and Chili were had.. but it didnt bother me LOL
Old 05-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #270
anetnmike

It's good to see you back Mozart! I see by the few posts back you have achieved ROCKSTAR status. And well deserved I say! No one does a trip report quite like you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: