Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #211
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

I personally think going to the muster drill tipsy would be great.. specially if you have already been to one and know the "drill"
*note to self next time more DOTD's before looking like bozo the clown in the orange vest!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #212
Zoom
DIS Veteran

OK C'mon now Mozart....It's time for another update.... surfweb:

Carnival Spirit Oct 06
WDW May/Oct 07
Disney Magic Western Car. Nov 08

Carnival Splendor June 09
RCI Mariner July '10
Disney Wonder Jan '11
Disney Magic Mediterranean June '11

Disney Aulani June '12
RCI Mariner Dec '12
RCI Allure Nov '13
Disney Fantasy Mar '14
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #213
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Sorry, I've just been really busy lately. Got a few personal things going on that are talking alot of time. Not bad things, just busy ones.

Here we go:

We leave our room and head for the sailaway party. We leave a nice little door magnet with bahama mama's on it, but it won't post on here. I'll work on it.

Other people, however did not seem to have as much luck with their door magnets. As we walked down the hall towards the party, we hear a man call out for a stateroom attendant. “What do I do if my door magnets disappeared?” He was very upset. I can’t say I blame him. We had been on the ship for all of 3 hours and they’ve already disappeared. However, getting on my soapbox, and potentially upsetting the DIS’er that this was…you have to be prepared for this to happen. Know that door magnets very well may disappear, and even fish extenders, message boards etc for that matter. It is a public place, and although it’s depressing that people would do so, no place is without jerks.

I said it earlier. There’s no crying on cruises. I don’t get the little tear that so many people seem to shed as we walk across the gangway and onto the ship. But then I experienced it. The sailaway party.

As we were dancing away, I felt it. NO! I screamed in my head. I CAN’T DO THIS! But I did…that one little tear. Yes, this man’s man started to cry just a little. I’m so ashamed. It was tears of excitement, but there was still that one stupid little tear.

Coming up next…tears turn into fear.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #214
anewmac

Real Men Cry Mozart... its ok!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #215
snargi
Earning My Ears

downtown disney

I haven't been able to read all your posts - but we're toying with using downtown disney for our short day also - any suggestions?

Thanks!
1st DCL Feb 26 2009
BC May 2010

snargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #216
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Real Men Cry Mozart... its ok!
Does E cry? I think I'm going to model my life after him. After all, he IS a Marine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snargi View Post
I haven't been able to read all your posts - but we're toying with using downtown disney for our short day also - any suggestions?

Thanks!
I don't know if you have any kids or not, but I'd try and make a reservation at T-Rex if you do. The line to wait will be very long there otherwise. If no kids, I'd grab something at House of Blues. I've always liked their food. As for how to spend the rest of the day, just shopping will take up plenty of your time. Also, take a riverboat ride to Port Orleans and back when you get tired. It's nice and relaxing and will give you the chance to sit down for awhile.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #217
cheeringmom
Out of the mouth of babes
Eat lots and be merry!
HAHA my kind of gal!
Taglikins!
Mine are way too sweet. But they can be deceiveing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Does E cry? I think I'm going to model my life after him. After all, he IS a Marine.

I don't know if you have any kids or not, but I'd try and make a reservation at T-Rex if you do. The line to wait will be very long there otherwise. If no kids, I'd grab something at House of Blues. I've always liked their food. As for how to spend the rest of the day, just shopping will take up plenty of your time. Also, take a riverboat ride to Port Orleans and back when you get tired. It's nice and relaxing and will give you the chance to sit down for awhile.
I've never heard of T Rex-I must be in a hole huh?? Is it similar to Rainforest? We are going next month. I should look into it! Thanks

I LOVEFootball!!
cheeringmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #218
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin your trip report. It's making me more excited (if that's possible) about my upcoming cruise.

I see you're from the upstate, me too! It's exciting to find Disers from the same neck of the woods!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #219
twinsindisney
Earning My Ears

I have enjoyed your trip report! So excited about ours. I am from the midlands of SC.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #220
anewmac

Quote:
YEs he cries... he's a marine but he's got a sensitive side... well for sad things that is.. death, illness. Asked him if he teared up when we went on our cruise... his response.... "NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER! " (spoken like a true MARINE
Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #221
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeringmom View Post
I've never heard of T Rex-I must be in a hole huh?? Is it similar to Rainforest? We are going next month. I should look into it! Thanks
T Rex is Rainforest with dinosaurs instead of monkeys. The big dinosaurs in the front room are pretty cool, but we didn't get into the dining room to see what they had there. I've heard the food is about the same as that at Rainforest, which is okay, but not great. It's owned by the same people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I see you're from the upstate, me too! It's exciting to find Disers from the same neck of the woods!
Beautiful day in the Upstate, huh? We should have an upstate DIS'ers convention at the outlet store which is located at the Disney warehouse in Jonesville. Although I've heard the selection isn't so great there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsindisney View Post
I have enjoyed your trip report! So excited about ours. I am from the midlands of SC.
I'm originally from Sumter. Be in Columbia tomorrow to meet my parents for lunch as a matter of fact. I just have to keep them from going to a cafeteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
YEs he cries... he's a marine but he's got a sensitive side... well for sad things that is.. death, illness. Asked him if he teared up when we went on our cruise... his response.... "NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER! " (spoken like a true MARINE
Real men cry when they see princesses.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #222
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Beautiful day in the Upstate, huh? We should have an upstate DIS'ers convention at the outlet store which is located at the Disney warehouse in Jonesville. Although I've heard the selection isn't so great there.

Eeeww, you got that right! The rain is making me want to curl up & take a nap! I went to that Disney store in Jonesville about a month ago. The store is about as small as the selection! And people will push & shove you so they can get their hands on what they want.
I'd rather drive 1 1/2 hours to the nearest Disney Store to me, which is at the Discover Mills Mall (in GA) and the Mall of Georgia.
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302

Last edited by mousetravel; 02-27-2009 at 12:46 PM.
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #223
twinsindisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I'm originally from Sumter. Be in Columbia tomorrow to meet my parents for lunch as a matter of fact. I just have to keep them from going to a cafeteria.
I am originally from Charleston. We live in the Irmo area of Columbia. about the cafeteria....
Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #224
Mozart

Dinner time. We’re freaking out. DW and I really had wanted to just have a quiet romantic cruise in which we had our own little table, but we knew that wasn’t going to happen. Standing in line to enter the dining room she and I are having a very quiet discussion. What kind of tablemates would we have? Would we be seated at a table for 6 with 2 other couples that knew each other? Would we be seated with people who didn’t know how to properly behave themselves at dinner? Would we be seated with people with a pair of 4 year old twins who acted up the whole dinner? Yes, this was a big part of our cruise. All we wanted was someone interesting to talk to who we had something in common with.

We approach the table. 3 other couples are sitting down, all very well dressed. 2 of them appear to be about our age and the third couple appears to be maybe 10 years older than us. No kids. We breath a sigh of relief. Maybe this will work out after all.

Turns out we spent our entire cruise hanging out with them. One couple in particular. Our fears were baseless. Everyone seemed pretty disappointed that we were going to Mexico rather than St. Maarten and St. Thomas. One of the couples said “We flew here from California to go to the Caribbean and instead we get Mexico. We could’ve just driven the 50 miles.” Somehow I don’t think that’s the same.

Here’s a tip for those of you out there: Don’t eat at Palo’s on your first night. Most people who get seasick tend to get so on the first night out. Palo’s is also very high up on the ship where feeling the motion of the waves is more likely. One of the ladies at our table just couldn’t handle the waves and had to leave early. And we were in Animator’s Palate. Palo must’ve been rocking that night. Fitz stopped by as head server. I’m a little concerned about the fact that he told me he knows me from somewhere. I wonder if Fitz is a DIS’er. Vally from India was our server and Ivana was the assistant. Vally was good. Ivana was just learning the ropes. She had a very thick accent (more about that later) and was on her very first cruise. She got seasick one night.

Finally it was time for Match Your Mate. I had never been able to make it to this show. Tonight, however, I was there, and my wife was crashing back in the stateroom from the Dramamine she took. The greatest question they asked was “Where is the most interesting place you have ever ‘remembered the magic’?” For the newlywed couple it was on a couch at the Poly. The long time couple picked a car doing 55 mph at the time while he was driving. Then there was the crazy couple. Everything they had said up until this time was just unbelievable. I mean they really seemed crazy. Their answer was “In the rainforest room of the Disney Magic. ” They won Match Your Mate. Do you know what the winners of Match Your Mate got?

A weeklong pass to the rainforest room.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: DID YOU KNOW THAT BRENT THE CRUISE DIRECTOR IS MARRIED TO YOLANDE, ONE OF THE HEAD SERVERS IN THE DINING ROOMS?

TIP FOR THE DAY: NEVER ‘REMEMBER THE MAGIC’ IN UNUSUAL PLACES. KEEP IT SIMPLE AND NORMAL LIKE MAIN STREET U.S.A.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #225
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR and looking forward to more!!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: