Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
All Tangled Up
Earning My Ears

Trying to get a job

I applied to a retail store in the mall and a few days later they called me for an interview, which was yesterday. I showed up 10 minutes early, wore a grey dress with a black cardigan and black Vans (maybe a little too overdressed for where I was applying but oh well lol). The interview went pretty well, and she (the assistant manager) even said that I would be perfect for the job. She told me that I would probably need a working permit since I'm a minor and I said "oh the I have papers right here" and gave them to her and she said that was very impressive. She asked me to confirm my phone number and said to expect a call back sometime in the next couple of days for a second interview with the manager this time. I'm just anxious that I won't get a call back, my friend has applied to 2 different places in the past and each time she has gotten hired on the spot... then again the lady interviewing me was the assistant manager, not the manager so maybe that person will seal the deal? What should I do if I don't get a call back? I'm really nervous because I want this job so badly!

Is anyone else trying to get a job? How did it go?
Old 12-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

the first job i applied to i got and i really did not want it, but my parents forced me to get a job.
i met with the hiring manager in my regular school clothes, had a normal conversation with her, and i also mentioned that i was close friends with a girl who had used to work there and i got hired on the spot (she just told me i'd need to come in later to talk to the general manager).
i had to quit that job when i left for college but i'm actually going back to work for winter break lol.

i hope you get hired. but if you don't, don't worry, apply to other places. it's hard to get a job, how old are you? and is it just a seasonal position?

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
All Tangled Up
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
the first job i applied to i got and i really did not want it, but my parents forced me to get a job.
i met with the hiring manager in my regular school clothes, had a normal conversation with her, and i also mentioned that i was close friends with a girl who had used to work there and i got hired on the spot (she just told me i'd need to come in later to talk to the general manager).
i had to quit that job when i left for college but i'm actually going back to work for winter break lol.

i hope you get hired. but if you don't, don't worry, apply to other places. it's hard to get a job, how old are you? and is it just a seasonal position?
Darn. It sucks that your parents forced you to get a job. Mine encourage and push it but they wouldn't force me lol.

I'm 16 and yeah it's seasonal.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Tangled Up View Post
Darn. It sucks that your parents forced you to get a job. Mine encourage and push it but they wouldn't force me lol.

I'm 16 and yeah it's seasonal.
I mean I have to help pay for college somehow lol I can't just be a freeloader forever, unfortunately haha

Because you're younger it'll be harder to get a job, but seasonal jobs are easier to get so that sort of evens out. Good luck!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
Newsies
With faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust, may all your dreams come true.

This is good. Them taking their sweet time is good. Most of the time if they hire you on the spot, they're going to let you go. Take it from experience.

I went to apply to a pet store and the woman who hired me was like "Yeah I'll take this to my manager and blah blah blah" and literally as I left she ran after me in the parking lot and was like "WAIT A MINUTE COME INTO MY OFFICE FOR AN INTERVIEW!" so I followed her and there wasn't even and interview she was just like "basically we're going to hire you because we really need help and if you're nice I dont see the problem with hiring you". So a week later I started my first shift. Three weeks and five shifts later, they let me go because they needed someone who could work more hours, despite me giving them my hours at the beginning of this process and them telling me it was fine.

So just let them do whatever they're going to do so they know you're a good fit for the job. It might save you from future disappointment.

Good luck!
a barfly in a town about to get all shook up, a tenant living with my boyfriend in a boarding house in almost, maine, and currently
looking for my children in ancient rome where
a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

Social Media: twitter // pinterest // ig // tumblr // wordpress
pace university class of 2019

Newsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
All Tangled Up
Earning My Ears

I got the job! :D Turns out they were just doing a background check and stuff. All that worrying for nothing, lol. I'm going in today to see when I start

Thanks for all the advice and support, everyone!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
Pearlgem
Mouseketeer

That's great!Good luck with your job!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: