Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Newsies
With faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust, may all your dreams come true.

Musical Movie Dream Cast Game

Just got a brilliant idea in my head for a new game since a couple of us are really into theater.

How about every week I release the name of a musical (or a play, in theory) and you tell me who your dream cast would be for the movie production of it?

I'll start off with How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

And yes, I realize there's already been a H2$ movie already- but for a modern day reboot, who would you cast as-

FINCH:
ROSEMARY:
BIGGLEY:
FRUMP:
LARUE:
SMITTY:
JONES:
TWIMBLE:

DW: July 2010 (Contemporary), July 2014 (Grand Floridian) ♔
PTR (complete): "So whatever happens, let's begin" -Disney World July 2014
TR (in progress): "You're definitely feeling and not concealing!" - A practically perfect July 2014 TR!
Newsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
ColdNeverBotheredMe
Cinnamon on the cocoa, bro!

I'm not familiar with it unfortunately, but I really like this idea! I wish I could give you a dream cast!
I don't know too many musicals, I'm more into plays. But there are a few I totally love like Phantom of the Opera and Wicked.
~a sprite (The Tempest) Cobweb (A Midsummer Night's Dream), Mrs. Bennet (Pride and Prejudice), Miss Havisham (Great Expectations), Beatrice (Much Ado About Nothing), Lady Bracknell (The Importance of Being Earnest), Mark Antony (Julius Caesar), Mrs. Jennings (Sense and Sensibility), Aemelia (The Comedy of Errors)~

"Fetch me something, I'll break open the gate!"
"Break any breaking here and I'll break your knave's pate!" -Antipholus and Dromio, Shakespeare, The Comedy of Errors

"It's about destroying the status quo. Because the status... is NOT quo. The world is a mess and I just...need to rule it."
-Dr. Horrible

ColdNeverBotheredMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
softball chick
Flying through time and space in the Tardis with my Doctor
ALONS-Y!

I love this idea! How to Succeed isn't one that I'm overly familiar with, but I know it enough to try to throw some names out there for two big roles.

FINCH: Daniel Radcliffe - just because I wanted to see him play the role on Broadway so since I didn't I want to see him do so in the movie.
BIGGLEY: Matthew Broderick - I'm big with going back to Broadway roots so I'd love to see an old Finch back in the movie

The Good Person of Sichuan ~ The Sound of Music ~ The Government Inspector ~ Annie ~ Macb*** ~ Life With Mother Superior ~ The Pajama Game ~ Funny as a Crutch ~ Once in a Lifetime ~ Dracula ~ Beauty and the Beast ~ [Insert Title Here]
softball chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: