Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
recently25
Earning My Ears

EMH vs. TGM

Ok - so we leave in less than a month - YEAH
So far I've been planning on using TGM's recommended days but lately I am having second thoughts on not going to any of the Morning EMH. I have a DD that is 2 1/2 - will it be better to follow the TGM days or use the mornings to our advantage and just use a good touring plan? I suppose we could always start at an EMH park and then hop to the other park later in the morning. Any suggestions?
recently25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by recently25 View Post
So far I've been planning on using TGM's recommended days but lately I am having second thoughts on not going to any of the Morning EMH. I have a DD that is 2 1/2 - will it be better to follow the TGM days or use the mornings to our advantage and just use a good touring plan? I suppose we could always start at an EMH park and then hop to the other park later in the morning. Any suggestions?
I thought about doing EMH with my kids (4 and 2) but realized the things that are going to be open are largely the thrill rides (other than Fantasyland), not what my kids are interested in. Make sure you look those lists over before you alter your schedule. I don't want you to end up not being able to do what would interest your DD most.
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
imthatgirl
DIS Veteran

if we are up for morning emh we always go to them and then leave by 11 and head to another park. any park having emh will be the busiest park that day. so will not be in that park during the middle of the day.
same goes for evening hours. we dont go to that park until the evening when they start.
to be honest, in august its going to be very busy an matter where you go, you are better off at leats trying to avoid emh parks during the day, every little bit will help you. but, use them while they are happening.
imthatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
2infinityandbeyond
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any suggestions?

Yes. Ask on TGM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
My first disclaimer: We generally go during slower time periods.

We don't really do Morning EMH. My family is not a big early rising family on vacation. The first year that I found these boards every one recommended being at the park at rope drop, so much so that I thought it would be spectacular or that I was missing some thing so I woke my family up and dragged them to the parks at opening. Really wasn't worth it to us. We get to the parks maybe an hour-90 minutes later and find that we still hit the major rides 2-3 times and get every thing done. We've never done them since.
My advice is, if you're up and ready to go by 7:00 am ( ) sure why not, I wouldn't make a special plan to do them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: