Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
sdarwkcabemanmy
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did

Can little kids get pimples?

I'm asking this because DS has a spot about the size of a nickel on his chin that is red, dry and a little flaky yet it has these little bumps that look like pre-pimples on it.

Can little kids get pimples even? He's 4 1/2..I didn't expect to be dealing with zits till he was a teenager.

sdarwkcabemanmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
sunlover13
No Chef boyardee here!

I think they can b/c I swear DD(5) had a pimple the other day and it was gone the next day. She must be a quick healer!

What you are describing though does not sound like a pimple.

Not to freak you out, but I got ringworm from my cat when I was little. It was a patch of dry skin with little bumps that looked like pimples.

I'm not saying your kiddo has ringworm, but doesn't sound like a pimple the way you described it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

http://www.aad.org/public/publicatio..._mollscum.html

Check out this link. My DD has this and we just visited the dermatologist for it. There are treatments, but it tends to go away on its own - although it may take up to 2 years.

Denae

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
SamIAm21
Mickey's New Fan
Always happy to try a new brew!
Next time, it's going to be corn for me

My daughter has had a blackhead or two in her young life (she's only 8 now). They have never actually caused a full blown zit.
SamIAm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
5Slays
Tagged and Proud
My DH makes fun of me for it
Steve makes me squirrely inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyboat View Post

Check out this link. My DD has this and we just visited the dermatologist for it. There are treatments, but it tends to go away on its own - although it may take up to 2 years.

Denae
All three of my kids have had this. The Dr. will tell you that there is nothing that can be done and they just have to run its course and go away on it's own. None of mine have taken 24 months, but toward the end they get really read and look just like a big pimple.

me, dh, ds (13), dd (12), ds (6)

5Slays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Slays View Post
All three of my kids have had this. The Dr. will tell you that there is nothing that can be done and they just have to run its course and go away on it's own. None of mine have taken 24 months, but toward the end they get really read and look just like a big pimple.
My DDs started out as flesh-colored bumps but have started to turn redish and the little dimple in the center has become more pronounced. I hope that means they are going away.

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
5Slays
Tagged and Proud
My DH makes fun of me for it
Steve makes me squirrely inside!

Quote:
My DDs started out as flesh-colored bumps but have started to turn redish and the little dimple in the center has become more pronounced. I hope that means they are going away.
They should be getting close. This could still take a while to get between these two stages. They will get a white spot in the middle just like a pimple, but don't try to pop it as it can become infected, they will go away on their own.

me, dh, ds (13), dd (12), ds (6)

5Slays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
merekc
DIS Veteran

I also agree that it doesn't sound quite like a pimple. I wanted to throw out there that I used to get red, flaky patches on my face (especially near hairline and creases) that were somewhat hormone related. They were worse when I was pregnant. To avoid using medicine when I was pregnant, I found a suggest online to wash the spots with dandruff shampoo. It really helped make the skin return to normal. Something you might want to try if you think it may just be dry, flaky skin/dermatitis.
merekc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
matthew&haleysmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Denae
My DS 4 has these. There are 3 spots on his stomach. They are turning red. Hopefully, they will disappear soon.
matthew&haleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
claudia
Thyroid Cancer Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdarwkcabemanmy View Post
I'm asking this because DS has a spot about the size of a nickel on his chin that is red, dry and a little flaky yet it has these little bumps that look like pre-pimples on it.

Can little kids get pimples even? He's 4 1/2..I didn't expect to be dealing with zits till he was a teenager.
did he get into any poison ivy?? the little pre-pimple thing sounds like it is a reaction to something.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #11
sdarwkcabemanmy
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did

He didn't get into any poison ivy that I know of and it doesn't look like ringworm to me, since he's had that before.

If it doesn't clear up within the next couple of weeks, I'm going to call a dermatologist because he's had the spot for at least 3-4 weeks now and it's not going away on its own.

sdarwkcabemanmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #12
RitaZ.
Move on don't hesitate
Breakout

Impetigo?
RitaZ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 AM   #13
donnajon
DIS Veteran

My DD5 would always get pimples on her bottom. Then I discovered it was a milk allergy. As soon as she stopped drinking regular milk and started drinking soy milk, they went away. Whenever she drinks milk, her butt breaks out!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #14
polineedyan
DIS Veteran

My dd 3 has little ones on the backs of her arms (triceps) and has since she was born. Just little white heads..they dont pop that I can tell..and noo amount of washing makes them go away. Just another thing that the ped says she'll grow out of. (thats her common answer to just about everything.)
Now, here's one..How early is it to get BODY ODOR?
My dd 5 gets like adult body odor. He bathing cycle is regular, but we have to put deodorant on her because she gets stinky pits, even right after baths..
Old 07-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #15
tlens
You can put me in the straw category now

There are treatments for molluscum. I wouldn't suggest just letting it run it's course because they can spread like crazy.

my daughter had it last year. She got it from a public pool. It's contagious. Incubation period is up to 2 months!!! They say to try compound W. It did nothing for her. I started reading up on it. Everything they sell that "supposedly" worked had teatree oil in it. AFter 2 months of these bumps, I tried 100% tea tree oil. They dried up and were gone within a week. I didn't dilute it. Her skin was ok with it not being diluted but on other people it can cause it to get scaly so dilution with an essential oil may be necessary.

My son got them 3 months ago. Tea tree oil didn't help one bit except he has not gotten any new ones. The other thing they have documented that works is Australian lemon mrytle oil. So, I had a 5ml bottle flown in from New Mexico (Couldn't find it locally) and diluted it 1 part lemon mrtyle to 4 parts essential oil. It is supposed to take 21 days. Didn't help him one bit. So I tied a 27% version of wart remover (compound W is 14%). They are much smaller, a couple are now gone after 2 1/2 weeks.

These are the only options available other than the doctor lancing them (ouch) and letting it run it's course.
1996: Caribbean Beach
1999-2002: Off-site
2003: Disney Wonder/Orange Lake
2005: Christmas Orange Lake/Pop
2007: Orange Lake/POR
2008: AKL/Wonder/BC
2011: AKV
2013: BWV and WL
2014: CBR
tlens is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: