Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #76
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
Speaking from experience Hun, do it your way. I used to want to run away to get married, but Robert's mum went mad when I said that and said she would never speak to us again if we did it. I don't want to run away anymore, but thats not the point. It's not their choice to make. It's hard to keep everyone happy, but, with your wedding, one thing I've learned is that nobody elses happiness is more important than that of you and your fiance..... I mean, Robert's family had a huge row with us because we don't want to serve alcohol at our wedding. We almost gave in, but then we thought: "No, it's our day!"- So all I'm saying is don't let anybody change your mind!! If it's what you want- Go for it!!!

Oh, and I found another link for you, hope you don't mind!!

http://www.foreverbridals.com/

There's some lovely dresses with the sort of neckline and straps you like!! I'm not sure if they're good for travel but they look very lovely..... It's hard to pick just one, isn't it???

Everything sounds perfectly lovely!! I love that first bridal hair picture!! I don't normally like 'bridal' hair, but that is absolutely gorgeous!!

Now a very important question- What sort of cake are you having!!???

Honestly, everything sounds fab and lovely and wow!!! Good luck with all the further planning!!

Bob xoxoxox
We will certainly be doing what we want and I know our parents would want us to do that really, it just might not be what they thought it would be.

Feel free to post away. I like this dress from that website, very unusual back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
I love your dress! It's beautiful! Glad you dad didn't seem to upset about the destination wedding.
Thanks, it is still my favourite. Hopefully my Dad will continue to be laid back, its not his normal style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeUK View Post
Any more dress looking this weekend Claire ?
Not this weekend but last weekend I did try on more dresses. Can't post photos of them sadly. The first I tried on was a similar neck/top half to the one I've already posted but had a plain skirt. It was over twice the price of the first one and less comfortable. The second one I tried on had a rounded neck and lots of beads all over the top half, too much for my taste and a really long train. I loved the long train but it was very heavy, which made me remember that the first one was quite light really which I think will be important. It showed also that I do suit a V neck better as well. The third one was very different, very simple plain skirt, no train and a lacey top. I thought I'd hate it but it was quite nice, no wow factor though and the most expensive! So the first dress is still my favourite.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:38 AM   #77
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Future In-Laws

We had dinner with Mike's parents on Saturday night. While I was in the Ladies his Mum asked him about the wedding, she seemed to think that they weren't invited and got a bit emotional. Mike assured her that they were invited if they wanted to go and that it would be in Florida, to which she said they just want to see us get married where ever it was. So hopefully that means they are ok about it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2008, 05:06 AM   #78
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

That sounds promising Claire

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #79
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
We will certainly be doing what we want and I know our parents would want us to do that really, it just might not be what they thought it would be.

Feel free to post away. I like this dress from that website, very unusual back:
As long as you remember to do it your way!

They're lovely dresses, and they have loads of stockists. They're also very budget friendly......

Quote:
We had dinner with Mike's parents on Saturday night. While I was in the Ladies his Mum asked him about the wedding, she seemed to think that they weren't invited and got a bit emotional. Mike assured her that they were invited if they wanted to go and that it would be in Florida, to which she said they just want to see us get married where ever it was. So hopefully that means they are ok about it.
Sounds very promising!!

Bob xoxoxooxoxox
Old 08-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #80
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Quote:

Glad the Inlaws seem to be ok with it, do what you want Claire, as DH and I gave in to family pressure and had our wedding here.
we have always regretted that we didnt get the day we wanted. (about to make up for that with our 10th anniversary trip though )

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #81
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Ahh glad the in-laws are OK with the wedding
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #82
tigger300686
dlp board guaranteed to make you smile

Hi, I noticed your thread on the show your wedding dress thread and thought i'd have a nose- hope you dont mind but i love looking at wedding stuff. I've enjoyed reading your plans so far- i love the style(maybe not so much detail tho) of the second dress you posted on post 30, i think its really beautiful.
I've been with my Bf 7 years and we're tallked about getting married, i use to be set against getting married and had no interest in it whatever but the last year or so i dont know whats happen becuase i've made a complete turn around loool.

Look forward to seeing more of your planning.
tigger300686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #83
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
That sounds promising Claire
Looks like it'll be ok not too many dramas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
As long as you remember to do it your way!

They're lovely dresses, and they have loads of stockists. They're also very budget friendly......

Sounds very promising!!

Bob xoxoxooxoxox
A new shop is about to open in Reading so we'll see what dresses they have to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
Glad the Inlaws seem to be ok with it, do what you want Claire, as DH and I gave in to family pressure and had our wedding here.
we have always regretted that we didnt get the day we wanted. (about to make up for that with our 10th anniversary trip though )
I hope your 10th anniversary trip is fabulous,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger300686 View Post
Hi, I noticed your thread on the show your wedding dress thread and thought i'd have a nose- hope you dont mind but i love looking at wedding stuff. I've enjoyed reading your plans so far- i love the style(maybe not so much detail tho) of the second dress you posted on post 30, i think its really beautiful.
I've been with my Bf 7 years and we're tallked about getting married, i use to be set against getting married and had no interest in it whatever but the last year or so i dont know whats happen becuase i've made a complete turn around loool.

Look forward to seeing more of your planning.
The more the merrier. 7 year itch maybe for you?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #84
tigger300686

I have no idea what you mean, I've never heard that before

Last edited by tigger300686; 08-09-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 AM   #85
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
I have no idea what you mean, I've never heard that before
The 7 year itch "The inclination to become unfaithful after seven years of marriage." http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/seven-year-itch.html

But in your case its the opposite, you want to get married!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #86
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Hey Claire just found your PJ!
Really liking the dress, its very pretty!
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #87
tigger300686

Quote:
The 7 year itch "The inclination to become unfaithful after seven years of marriage." http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/seven-year-itch.html

But in your case its the opposite, you want to get married!
OOoh i see lol I've never heard that phrase before, i guess it is.. well the oposite Maybe one day . Hows that planning going?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:12 AM   #88
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
Hey Claire just found your PJ!
Really liking the dress, its very pretty!
Thank you!

Quote:
OOoh i see lol I've never heard that phrase before, i guess it is.. well the oposite Maybe one day . Hows that planning going?
I always wanted to get married but it was when we hit 7 years that I really felt the time was right and couldn't wait any longer.

Can't plan anything else yet so i'm in waiting mode.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #89
A whole new world
Disney Bride

I've just caught up with your PJ. I have to say the first dress you tried on is so gorgous. It suits you perfect. I think that when you try a dress on you know it is 'the one'.

I am also only having a few people - 9 including me and DF.

Can't wait to read more of your wedding plans

Prior to 2004 - to many times to remember
Oct 2005 - 2 weeks - Offsite
Sept 2007 - 2 weeks - CBR
Oct 2008 - 3 and half weeks - CBR / Hard Rock, MVMCP
Sept 2009 - 2 weeks - AKL & Dining Plan, MNSSHP
Oct 2012 - 2 weeks - CSR & Dining Plan

A whole new world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #90
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

DF and I were chatting about the wedding last night and cursing the fact we can't book till 8 months so not till April 30th which is still over 7 months away and also what we would do if we couldn't get our time/location. I think first option would be the day before instead then the day after then either the 1200 time slot or the 1700 time slot instead of the 1430 one we want. If I couldn't get any of those 9 options (I know very unlikely) I think I'd save the money and have it at the Swan/Dolphin instead.

We will be seeing my Dad and Mike's parents again at the end of the month when hopefully we will tell them the plans in full and then see if they mention an at home reception.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: