Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #61
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
I love all the gown pictures!!!!

I just realized you are getting married on my birthday
My birthday is on the 28th so our anniversary will be just after, no excuse for him to forget then, everythings all in the same week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymie View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are the value resorts not worth considering? We stayed at Pop last year and loved it. Hoping to do a vow renewal in 3 years so love reading all about your wedding!
We stayed at Pop last year as well. They probably will end up there but just want to find out all the options for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Loving your PJ Claire, I love the first dress too, very elegant
Thanks Jo
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #62
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Parents & Out-Laws

So last weekend we travelled up to see my Mum, Dad and Step-Dad to tell them we are engaged. My Mum and Step-Dad realised it would happen soon so it was of no surprise and are happy for us and know the Disney plan so all is good. We then went over to my Dads to tell him, and he didn't seem to be interested, it was all very strange, I thought he'd go over the top and want to go straight to his church to book a date. The next day he was a bit more interested but still asked no questions about the wedding. I shall wait to see what he says when he rings me next.

Then last night the future in-laws rang, we were chatting and they asked if we had thought about the wedding yet, so I eased them in and told them we'd decided to go abroad and told them our reasons, they didn't say much and when I passed the phone over to DF they didn't mention it again. We will be seeing them a week on Saturday so watch this space to see what happens next on the Parent front.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #63
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

The Dress Maybe

Also at the weekend I went to try on wedding dresses for the first time. I went in 3 shops, the 4th was closed, and made an appointment in the 1st to try them on later in the day. I tried on a few but only liked one and its a serious contender for The One, this is the dress...

(Meryll, I'm sure you'll like it)

I think I'm going again this Saturday to some other shops so we'll see what happens.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #64
Kymie
Mouseketeer

Good luck with the whole parents/in law thing! Sometimes (or should I say most times!!) thats the hardest part of planning a wedding! The dress looks lovely!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #65
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

That dress is gorgeous Claire!

I am sure your dad & the in-laws will quickly come round to the idea....some of my family wasn't too keen at first when we announced that we were getting married in the Bahamas but they were soon onside.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #66
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Yey it's so pretty! You're right, you knew it would be my kinda thing

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #67
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymie View Post
Good luck with the whole parents/in law thing! Sometimes (or should I say most times!!) thats the hardest part of planning a wedding! The dress looks lovely!
Thank you, think I might need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
That dress is gorgeous Claire!

I am sure your dad & the in-laws will quickly come round to the idea....some of my family wasn't too keen at first when we announced that we were getting married in the Bahamas but they were soon onside.
Not sure my Dad will ever come round but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Yey it's so pretty! You're right, you knew it would be my kinda thing
Its very like yours.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #68
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

dress...

that dress is very pretty- very princessy and classic too!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #69
Cndrsgrl
Earning My Ears

That dress it really beautiful. You will make a beautiful bride. Don't worry about your Dad. I'm sure he's not wanting to lose his "little girl". Dads are pretty good for coming around. My ex wasn't thrilled at first, but since he's not paying for it, he says he will be there. And your other side will come around too it they know this is what you both want.

Have fun planning. Can't wait to hear more later.

DMom DD1 DSL DGD: DD2
FWS
6/2010 All Star Sprts
1/2010 POP
6/2009 POR DD1's wedding
4/2007 1st time w/o kids
FW 12/2006, FW Lodge - 12/2003
AKL 6/2003 camper accident
FW 3/2001, FW 10/2000, ASM 5/1999
FW 10/1997
Cndrsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #70
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

ooo what a pretty dress!! I love all the details on the bodice!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:57 AM   #71
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
that dress is very pretty- very princessy and classic too!
Thank you, its still my fav so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cndrsgrl View Post
That dress it really beautiful. You will make a beautiful bride. Don't worry about your Dad. I'm sure he's not wanting to lose his "little girl". Dads are pretty good for coming around. My ex wasn't thrilled at first, but since he's not paying for it, he says he will be there. And your other side will come around too it they know this is what you both want.

Have fun planning. Can't wait to hear more later.
Thanks, i'm sure it will be fine to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
ooo what a pretty dress!! I love all the details on the bodice!
Yes I like that bit to.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #72
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Dad Update

Well I told my Dad last night we would be going abroad to get married and he seemed fine with that which is a relief, now just need to tell him where abraod!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #73
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
So last weekend we travelled up to see my Mum, Dad and Step-Dad to tell them we are engaged. My Mum and Step-Dad realised it would happen soon so it was of no surprise and are happy for us and know the Disney plan so all is good. We then went over to my Dads to tell him, and he didn't seem to be interested, it was all very strange, I thought he'd go over the top and want to go straight to his church to book a date. The next day he was a bit more interested but still asked no questions about the wedding. I shall wait to see what he says when he rings me next.

Then last night the future in-laws rang, we were chatting and they asked if we had thought about the wedding yet, so I eased them in and told them we'd decided to go abroad and told them our reasons, they didn't say much and when I passed the phone over to DF they didn't mention it again. We will be seeing them a week on Saturday so watch this space to see what happens next on the Parent front.
Speaking from experience Hun, do it your way. I used to want to run away to get married, but Robert's mum went mad when I said that and said she would never speak to us again if we did it. I don't want to run away anymore, but thats not the point. It's not their choice to make. It's hard to keep everyone happy, but, with your wedding, one thing I've learned is that nobody elses happiness is more important than that of you and your fiance..... I mean, Robert's family had a huge row with us because we don't want to serve alcohol at our wedding. We almost gave in, but then we thought: "No, it's our day!"- So all I'm saying is don't let anybody change your mind!! If it's what you want- Go for it!!!

Oh, and I found another link for you, hope you don't mind!!

http://www.foreverbridals.com/

There's some lovely dresses with the sort of neckline and straps you like!! I'm not sure if they're good for travel but they look very lovely..... It's hard to pick just one, isn't it???

Everything sounds perfectly lovely!! I love that first bridal hair picture!! I don't normally like 'bridal' hair, but that is absolutely gorgeous!!

Now a very important question- What sort of cake are you having!!???

Honestly, everything sounds fab and lovely and wow!!! Good luck with all the further planning!!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #74
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

I love your dress! It's beautiful! Glad you dad didn't seem to upset about the destination wedding.

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #75
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Any more dress looking this weekend Claire ?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: