DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
ilovecoasters
DIS Veteran

DVC rumors

Spent a few minutes talking with a DVC CM at AK on Friday. She was very forthcoming with info. She asked if we have seen the new DVC super Target being built. So I replied "DVC Target?" She just smiled. She told us that DVC is getting ready for a huge expansion, 16 new reps were just hired from Timeshares in the area. She explained that it is planned that every resort will eventually have DVC units in them. This is the second CM we've heard this from. We love our DVC membership, but miss staying at Port Orleans. DS9 just loved the cane pole fishing. Would be nice to have this option without the $95 booking fee.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

Well, I have some "waterfront" property to sell you.

Sorry, but IMHO DVC CMs don't have that much inside information. They are just passing on gossip they do between themselves. Disney KNOWS not to telll them anything because they are human and love to "gossip"

(And for an example of that lovely Disney CM gossip... For YEARS transporation CMs told you that the black spot in the Swan was the monorial hole and any day now....... I am still waiting LOL!)

Even after Disney makes an announcement things change. (Try to book that Eagle Pines resort!)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
d-r
l|ll|||ll||ll||

they are building a new super target on 192 that will be really close to the animal kingdom lodge. I am sure that she was calling this the "dvc super target" because it will be so close that all the dvc members will go there when they figure it out.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
moredisneyplease
Working towards more DVC!

I agree with CarolA....take it with a grain of salt

Only time will tell................
moredisneyplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
nuts
Lover of Disney, Family Guy, and all around good person

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
(Try to book that Eagle Pines resort!)
WHAT! I've been number one on the booking waitlist for Eagle Pines!!

nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

I think adding a DVC to a moderate resort would definitely diminish the product. Keep them at the Deluxe level, please.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
La2kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
kimberh
DIS Veteran

I won't stay at a moderate. I did during Free Dining, it was not my style. We stayed off site in 2 bedroom villas before DVC, I guess I am a Deluxe kind of person.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #8
evaready51
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes!

Quote:
Well, I have some "waterfront" property to sell you.

Sorry, but IMHO DVC CMs don't have that much inside information. They are just passing on gossip they do between themselves. Disney KNOWS not to telll them anything because they are human and love to "gossip"

(And for an example of that lovely Disney CM gossip... For YEARS transporation CMs told you that the black spot in the Swan was the monorial hole and any day now....... I am still waiting LOL!)

Even after Disney makes an announcement things change. (Try to book that Eagle Pines resort!)
I agree. We were just there 6/28 - 7/6 and were told by some cast members BLT DVC was a go & told the opposite by different cast members it was just an addition to the CR.

When Disney want's us to know they'll tell us.
evaready51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
White_Sox_Fan
DIS Veteran

I just returned. I asked the DVC rep in the tomorrowland DVC kiosk what his schtick was on the building going up at the Contemporary. He simply stated that there were no announcements yet and that they knew as much as anyone else about it.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
doombuggy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When Disney want's us to know they'll tell us.
Good quote, evaready51!

And I don't think I have EVER met a human being who does not gossip....
1974 - 1983 day trips to WDW*1992 WDW offsite *1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW offsite*1997 Polynesian*1998 DL PAC* 1999 DLH*2000 Port Orleans & Coronado*2001 WDW offsite*2002 DLH*2002 WDW Happy Haunts Ball*2003 Port Orleans/Riverside*2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball* 2004 Star Wars Weekends*moved to Orlando July 2004*2006 DLR * 2007 Pirates & Princess Party*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 DL GCH*2009 BLT *2009 AKV*2010 OKW*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL/Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani
doombuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran

Here's my contribution to the gossip--On the Wonder last week, the rep said that they had all expected an announcement that week, but that now the rumors seemed to be favoring an announcement in October. She did add that they did not know what the announcement would be--could be DVC or could be just bigger luxury rooms for the Contemporary. Then she said that prices are going to go up for buying points at that same time, but we took that as an extra sales push to buy AKV now instead of waiting. Alas, my bank account forces me to wait!
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
mjy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
(And for an example of that lovely Disney CM gossip... For YEARS transporation CMs told you that the black spot in the Swan was the monorial hole and any day now.......
It's NOT? Don't burst my bubble!
For my Disney vacation pics, go to http://pics.dvcdisneyandme.com
mjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-r View Post
they are building a new super target on 192 that will be really close to the animal kingdom lodge. I am sure that she was calling this the "dvc super target" because it will be so close that all the dvc members will go there when they figure it out.

I'm excited about this news!! We always go to the other Super Target up 192, this new one will be so nice and close.
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #14
SMP
Earning My Ears

New Target

Any idea when is the new Target expected to be opened?
SMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #15
jana
Diva

Quote:
I think adding a DVC to a moderate resort would definitely diminish the product. Keep them at the Deluxe level, please.
It wouldn't "diminish the product" if DVC were to take over a moderate resort and upgrade it to Deluxe level. It would be a little more problematical to take over a part of a hotel (e.g. turn Aruba in CBR into a DVC "wing") because you would have crossover between the DVC aspects (deluxe) and the regular hotel (moderate) aspects but if you have a hotel that is currently a moderate but has a great and unique theme to it, reworking an existing theme/idea/resort may be a better option than trying to come up with something new that doesn't have as much potential as what is already there.

DVC could (and I think it would be popular) take over the French Quarter part of Riverside and remodel it. It's a pretty resort, has "unique" transportation (water taxi to DTD) and has a fair amount of existing infrastructure that could be used "as is" instead of having to go to the expense of construction from new. The pool (with a little work) , check in, food court, bar area (Scat Cats is an over looked Disney gem IMHO when you get a good live musician/band there) ,gift store, games area and a full service restaurant area that is currently in mothballs (the former Bonfamilles ). French Quarter is also a hotel that has a high return visitor ratio, so a potential future client base for DVC. Granted the rooms would have to be completely remodeled. Producing rooms that are more in keeping with the Sq footage of DVC resorts, but I think this would be a very workable option should DVC ever find themselves in need of a resort to sell ( in the event the supertarget proves hugely popular and sells out much quicker than expected) that would have a quick turnaround time from conception to selling.

P.S. I wouldn't put too much faith in CM rumors, usually they know less than we do LOL.

Last edited by jana; 07-09-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: P.S.
jana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: