Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #331
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Grrr! So I had a huge update ready to post and I hit the wrong button on the key board and it went back so now I have to type it all up all over again.

Since there's so many pictures I'll split this update in two...enjoy!

Wedding Day Part 2
"I have to pee!!" Michelle said "Well it's time!" and she opened her door and her assistant opened her door. Now, it felt like the walk down the aisle took forever but after seeing my video, yes I got my video already, I practically ran down the aisle.

Nice shot of the back of my dress.

Aunt Kathy, Ian's Aunt did a great job with the ceremony. She started off a bit crackley because she was fighting tears but she shook it off. She did really well and directed us really well...the rehearsal was a bit of a blur the wedding day. Anyway, when she pronounced us husband and wife she just couldn't get that line out with out breaking down, which is totally ok. I can't count how many times she appologized because she cried but it just made the ceremony that much more special...you know? On to the pictures:

Vows.

Lighting the unity candle to "All I Ask Of You".

First kiss!

We walked back down the aisle as husband and wife. Half way down the aisle I realized I forgot to grab my bouquet from MOH but owell. I didn't care too much.

You can get my MOH crying in this picture.

So Michelle took us to the Bride Room as she and Randy gathered everyone up for a group photo that I requested from Randy. Michelle came back and got us and we took the group picture. After that we took formals.

My in-laws. Love them!

Silly/celebration posing.

After that Michelle took us back to the Bridal Room for a drink of water and then gathered my guests up at the end of the Wedding Pavilion walkway for the rose petal toss and comes to get us when everyone is ready.

Heart shaped rose petal.

After the rose petal toss we did our "grand exit" and our guests hopped onto the limo and headed for the Napa Room. After our guests left we headed back to the Wedding Pavilion for some shots on the beach at the Wedding Pavilion. Those probably wont turn out so good due to squinting and what-not. The sun reflection off the sand was horrific. I wanted to rip my eyes out...so painful!

Anyway, we hop back into the limo and head to the Napa Room for the reception.

Up next...reception update!

September 7, 2009 I married my best friend
Wedding Pavilion California Grill UK Lower
*PJ & TR!
DISNEY*lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #332
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

Great report so far! I love how you have photos for everything . . .

Please don't make us wait long to see what happens next

Andreah
WEDDING STUFF: Our Planning Wedding Planning Journal (2009) | Our Wedding eScrapbook | Our Wedding Pinterest Board
FUN STUFF: My Pixie Dust Pinterest Board | My runDisney Inspiration Board
UPCOMING TRIPS: Ladies Getaway September 2014 - Disney Dream | Ladies Getaway Pinterest Board | Vancouver to Hawaii September 2015 - Disney Wonder
MEMORIES: Family Vacation May / June 2013 - Disney Dream + Swan | Christmas Vacation Dec 2012 - Disney Dream + Dolphin | Family Vacation May / June 2012 - Dolphin | Family Vacation Oct 2011 - Swan | Anniversary Trip Dec 2010 - Coronado Springs | Family Vacation June 2010 - Swan | Wedding Trip Dec 2009 - Contemporary | Wedding Planning Session July 2009 - Pop Century | Adults Only Getaway Sep 2008 (Got Engaged!) - Port Orleans French Quarter | Christmas Trip Dec 2007 - Pop Century | Christmas Trip Dec 2005 - Pop Century | Gavin's First Disney Trip July 2002 - All Star Movies | My First Disney Trip May 1996
acwinsett is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #333
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

great TR

Hey great start looking forward to hearing more! the heart shaped petals are too cute.....
Old 10-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #334
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Wedding Day Part 3
So we arrive at the Contemporary Resort and immediately people start taking pictures of us and congradulated us. One little girl asked me if I was a princess...it was adorable. We make our way up to the top floor to the Napa Room and Michelle is waiting for us with Chuck, our DJ, with a glass of our signature drinks for both of us. I sip on the drink as Michelle bustles my dress and I discuss last minute details with Chuck.

Chuck goes into the Napa Room and starts to introduce parents, grandparents and bridal party. Then he turns out "It's A Beautiful Day" and I feel like I have to pee again...never fails! It just happens when I'm really nervous...since I was a little girl. We get introduced and we do our first dance to "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aersmith.

I love this picture!

We skipped the Bride/Father dance as my parents were unable to make it and skipped the Groom/Mother dance as they didn't want me to feel left out although I had many offers for them to step in and take my Dad's place I still declined.

We got seated and the BM started his speach...sweet and simple. We were then given the beef skewers that our guests had while we were getting our pictures taken on the beach.

Cheers!

Good blackmail photo on us.

And of course when we're trying to eat our guests kept ringing those stupid freakin' bells. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and I can kiss him anytime but dangit - I wanted to eat!!

After we ate our beef skewers, which were breath taking by the way, Michelle came and got us and wanted us to open the buffet so we got first dibs. They placed it right outside the Napa Room doorway to save room. She got us each a plate of what we wanted and got seated and chowed down. The guests were then called up by table to get food. Everyone kept coming up to our table complimenting our menu choice and how great the food was. So kuddos to us on picking a great menu for our picky guests!!

Then Chuck started playing some music and our guests are a bit shy so they were a bit intimidated by dancing when there's not many people around but Chuck got 'em out there!

Livin' On A Prayer? See their microphones? Crazy family I married into, huh?

Now, I'm not much of a dancer and neither is DH so we were outside most of the time admiring the view!

LOVE THIS!! I want it blown up and framed.

Admiring the view with Randy and videographer (forgot his name).

Randy was snapping an "attitude" picture and BIL snapped same picture.

Before we knew it, it was cake time and garter time.

*PJ & TR!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #335
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Our beautiful cake! It was a huge hit.

Michelle showing us how to cut a cake. Who thought it would be so complicated?

Cutting it. It took a lot out of me to cut it. It actually hurt to cut it...

See my bib? I thought he was really going to get me good but I guess he knew better.

After that we all sat down and enjoyed our cake. It was marble cake with baileys filling. Yummy! We also enjoy mini chocolate tarts, creme brulee, and fruit!

After that it was time for DH to take off the garter! Now I was wearing 3. One to represent the Air Force as he's in it, one for the toss, and one for us to keep. He takes the Air Force one off of course. So I make him put it back on and take the other one off. My guests thought that was pretty funny.

My face is hilarious!

Now, the man in the yellow shirt is Kim, the girl who caught the bouqet, father so he's watching Steve put on that garter pretty closely. It's pretty funny cause Steve is terrified of Doug.

Doug actually gave him thumbs up when he finished putting it on.

After that we danced to a few more songs then it was the last dance. They had two last dances which I didn't know. The last dance for our guests and then a last dance for us to enjoy alone, which was kind of nice.

Michelle said her goodbyes to me and gave us the DFTW watches! I don't have a picture but Randy took a few so when I get those I'll post 'em. They're beautiful watches. Chuch said goodbye as well as Randy and our videographer. We gathered our belongings and all piled into the bus. Our guests were singing the whole way back to their hotels. They all claimed they had a blast.

Everyone went back to their hotel and changed and hit up Epcot because our dessert party was their and they only had 1 park 1 day passes and didn't want to make us pay $12.95/pp for fireworks. MOH helped me out of my dress...yes! I can breathe at last! She then left and headed to Epcot at well. We were party poopers and took naps in our room...we were so exhausted from waking up at 5 in the morning, the picture taking, the moving around, etc.

Around 6:00 we start getting ready for the dessert party. I changed into a white sundress and left my hair and make-up done. I threw on my Minnie bridal ears, just married pin and a wrist corsage and Ian wore shorts and a nice shirt.

We took the monorail to Epcot and met our tour guide to take us to the UK. It was about a 10 minute walk and made it there in time to chat a bit, get dessert, a drink and settle down to watch fireworks.

*PJ & TR!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #336
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Now, originally I was suppose to have Randy during the dessert party but the rules of having outside vendors changed right before I signed my contract so that changed. I was so upset but owell. Here's some pictures I gathered that DH's family took:

Overall, the wedding turned out to be more than I ever imagined! I couldn't have asked for better.

We all walked back to the exit of Epcot as a group as split with hugs and kisses and congrats. DH and I hoped on the monorail back to Poly. We both took showers and passed right out as soon as our heads hit the pillow.

Up next...day 4!

*PJ & TR!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #337
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

I love your photos!! you looked so amazing! Everything looked so beautiful - including you and your hubby!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #338
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your compliments ladies! I got an email from Randy the other day saying that my photos were on his website. Here's the link if you ladies are interested in looking at them: http://www.photoreflect.com/PR3/thum...aspx?e=5434268. Enjoy!

BTW, I'm at work now but hopefully the next update in the TR will be either tonight or tomorrow...I'm feeling kind of tired today. Hope ya'll have a great day today!!

*PJ & TR!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #339
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Randy's photos are gorgeous
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #340
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Thanks Claire.

*PJ & TR!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #341
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY*lover View Post
Thanks for all your compliments ladies! I got an email from Randy the other day saying that my photos were on his website. Here's the link if you ladies are interested in looking at them: http://www.photoreflect.com/PR3/thum...aspx?e=5434268. Enjoy!

BTW, I'm at work now but hopefully the next update in the TR will be either tonight or tomorrow...I'm feeling kind of tired today. Hope ya'll have a great day today!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Randy's photos are gorgeous
I agree your pictures are beautiful!!! I am looking for inspiration for pic ideas for our ceremony in july! Thanks for sharing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: