Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
JonetteA
A Tag is a wish that's granted, when you're fast asleep
4 brains are better than 2!!!

DISboards Moderator

Our new Subforums

As some of you may have noticed your mod team in conjunction with the Webmasters (Thanks Kathy!)

Remember, what they Webmasters give they can take away.

One of the things that we were asked to do is put guidelines around this usage.

Over the next few weeks we will begin moving the journals over to the closed or open depending on where they fall. Please don't start another journal on the subforum unless you are starting one for the very first time.

We are asking the following of you:

1) Make sure that you and your fiancee's name is in the title along with your location and date.

2) Add your trip report onto the end of your planning journal. Please don't start a second thread we want our new brides to be able to read from beginning to end.

3) Keep it on-topic. I know it is easy to get busy and start off down a non-wedding path but if you could help us that would be great.

4) Remember that this is a public forum. We are not going to be deleting anyone's journal. We have had requests for this in the past. You can use the edit button if you need to.

5) Help us by finishing your journals and trip reports in a timely manner. I am the worst offender on this one. I haven't finished mine after two years. I am really going to work on this. I promise! we are working some some type of treat you would get for finishing. Details are being worked out. Let us know when you are finished. Some we may close in a timely manner. If we do that and the OP needs it open they can ask our team.

Please bear with us as we all adjust to the changes. We may have to adjust our approach once this begins.

Thanks for your understanding and patience with us!

Sam or Helen do you have anything else to add?

The mod team

Sam, Helen, and Jonette

Our Fairytale Wedding Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&page=1&pp=15

Leif and Jonette
May 18, 2006
Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Illuminations - Lower French
JonetteA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
hmgolden
Disney Bride June 25, 2004

DISboards Moderator

I just wanted to add to please be patient with us as we start to move the existing Planning Journals and Trip Reports to their new homes. Its probably going to take us a bit!
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Thanks!!

Once the PJ's are moved to the new forum, will it break the link in our siggies???

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
hmgolden
Disney Bride June 25, 2004

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Thanks!!

Once the PJ's are moved to the new forum, will it break the link in our siggies???
From the ones that I just tested, the links in your siggies should still work, but you will probably want to double check them, just incase.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
alissa2008
I'll take two.

whoa I was just going to ask that!!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
Fantasia Sam
Has a WDW secret
Is watched by the TF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonetteA View Post
Sam or Helen do you have anything else to add?
Just another thank you to the Webmasters for working with us on getting these sub-forums, we continue to strive to get this place as on-topic as possible, I totally get how easy it is to get off-topic but hopefully these sub-forums will help us to keep the whole Weddings and Honeymoons forum on track as a planning and sharing forum of your wedding days and amazing Disneymoons.

I second the reminder about this being a public forum, so again remember what you write on here anyone can read, even the staff at Disney Fairytale Weddings, should they be so inclined

Now on with the planning

I'm Sam, here's my old Wedding Report - FantasiaSam FairyTale Wedding Trippy more recent November 2011 Trippy

1996:QI Plaza; 1998:HII IDrive; 2000:QI Plaza; 2001:(x2), Clarion Rosen & HII IDrive; 2002:(x 2), Yacht Club, Swan, AKL; 2003: (x2)-YC, Wonder, CBR, WL, BWV; 2004:(x3), CBR,YC Concierge, Magic, BCV, Pop, Swan, Disney Wedding; 2005:(x3), Magic, WLV, Pop, BW Inn, OKW; 2006:(x3), Magic, BCV, OKW, Dolphin, AKL Concierge, WL Concierge; 2007:GFloridian & SSR; 2008:(x2), BCV & Dolphin; 2009:BCC & Magic Concierge; 2010:(x2), BCV, AKL Concierge, Swan, SSR; 2011:BC Concierge & BCV; 2012:(x2), OKW & Dolphin; 2013:(x2), Magic, YC Concierge OKW
Fantasia Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
OceanGdss
Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08

Thanks for this guys!! I think its going to make the boards a better place thanks for all your hard work and effort getting it started!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
disneyberry
dreaming of adventure
DVC Member 2003

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

This is great news! I think it'll really help make it much easier to navigate this forum.

Can I suggest that brides make their PJ/TR title include not just the ceremony location, but also the reception and/or DP location? It seems like only half the brides include that info in their titles.

I think that would help us future brides quickly find others experiences with the locations they are themselves planning for.
DLP Hotel Santa Fe + DLP Sequoia Lodge Jun 02 | Dolphin + Animal Kingdom Lodge + Boardwalk Villas Oct 02 |
USF Portofino Bay + Old Key West + Villas at Wilderness Lodge Jun 03 | Boardwalk Villas Nov 03 |
Port Orleans French Quarter May 04 | Coronado Springs + Boardwalk Villas Oct 05 | Beach Club Villas Mar 07 |
Swan Jun 07 *Got Engaged! | Boardwalk Villas Oct 07 | Coronado Springs + Beach Club Villas Aug 08 |
Coronado Springs + Boardwalk Villas Oct 08 *Our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding! | Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 10

Link to old DVC Points Transfer 101 Thread
Sorry! Too busy to update this old 2005 info.
disneyberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

I think this is a great idea! Thank you webmasters!!! I also agree. I think, if possible, everyone should post all sites in the title.
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #10
alissa2008
I'll take two.

maybe also include in the title whether you are a wishes or an escape bride? I know its always helpful because sometimes I'm looking for specific escape info and while I love reading the pjs and trs for wishes brides, if its not in the budget sometimes I'd rather not know!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:21 AM   #11
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

This is really swell for the organization of the boards! I'm really excited because I agree that it was getting hard with the amount of PJ's to get questions answered!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:34 AM   #12
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

I'm gonna have to put a menu on my first post I think, as my PJ is already so long no one will get as far as finding my Trippie (when it comes to it!)

So perhaps this would also be a useful thing - update the top of your very first post to say what pages your PJ runs through, and what page your TR starts.....

Maybe, unless anyone can think of a better way to do this?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:49 AM   #13
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Great idea!!

I love having all the PJs in one place and I can just have a nosy to my heart's content

*runs off to read more PJs*

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #14
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I go away for a week and come back to new sub-forums, it all looks much neater now and should make finding things much easier. Thanks for your hard work MODS and Webmasters.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #15
Mama of Indybride
Farmboy, fetch me that pitcher.....

Closed Threads

I was enjoying a swell thread on the TR page and got to just before the actual wedding and it was closed and locked.

I looked at the rest on the subforum and saw they were also closed and locked.

Are the brides themselves locking these?

Or is this a service being provided to them.....

I can't imagine ALL of those brides locking themselves out of their own TR...

This particular report was only last month.

I know of a few wedding journals that have longer lag times in between posts...

I guess I don't want to waste my time sharing these moments and then miss the big payoff at the end!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: