Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #91
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
Cute updates!

I love Magic Kingdom also! I'm glad you enjoyed your first ever soft pretzel. A cinnamon one was a good choice!
OMG so there are more flavours???? Didn't know that!!! Need to try then all next time. They are soooo good! Is there one with icing (I think Americans call it frosting?) on it That would be delicious!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #92
irky416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
OMG so there are more flavours???? Didn't know that!!! Need to try then all next time. They are soooo good! Is there one with icing (I think Americans call it frosting?) on it That would be delicious!
Definitely they have ones with icing. (I think icing and frosting might be regional in the US - I call it icing!) They have all kinds of flavors and then you can add different dips! I had a cinnamon pretzel with a chocolate dip before...so good! My favorite is a plain pretzel with cheese dip, though.

Here's only a few different choices:
http://www.auntieannes.com/pretzels.aspx

There's another chain that sells more but I can't think of the name of it right now. Maybe somebody else can help out. I don't actually eat them that often, but they are really good!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 AM   #93
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

Soft pretzels are delicious!!! I love the pretzel with the raisins and white icing on it. Can't wait to hear more.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #94
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

A day at the beach - and the after effects.......

The plan for the day – a trip to the beach!!!! The destination is Clearwater beach and we are really looking forward to it. We eventually get out the villa and head off. As we approach Tampa we drive right into the most horrendous thunder and lightening storm. The rain is lashing down and I end up driving at 20mph with hazard lights on as I just could not see where the road was. It was really bad. Of course we were wondering what on earth we were doing going to the beach but we kept on hoping it would pass.

Thankfully by the time we get to the beach it is glorious sunshine. Blue sky and it is so beautiful. The girls have sunsuits on so I make sure they are covered in sunblock in the bits that are sticking out! We do ourselves and we are good to go. We take the bucket and spade that was in the villa and trek down to the beach. It was stunning. White sand and blue sea – gorgeous.

Biggest shock of the day was the temperature of the sea. As I stepped in I braced myself but it was lovely and warm. You have to understand that we go to St Andrews regularly and I spent a lot of time there as that is where I was at University so we are used to the sea there. You only really paddle it is so cold. Your feet actually go numb and turn a funny colour. The water feels like it is almost at freezing point. No kidding. Eventually you lose feeling in your feet so can paddle for a while. The North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico do not really have a lot in common. So it was lovely and warm and relaxing! We played on the beach for about an hour and a half before calling it a day due to the heat. We wandered back to the car and due to it having tinted windows changed in the back!!! I was a bit concerned about this but after circling the car 360 degrees when DH was changing I was satisfied noone could see in. Needless to say there was sand a little bits of shell everywhere!

Our tummies were calling so we went to a lovely little diner for something to eat before driving back home.

As we were leaving Clearwater we could see a really bad storm approaching. It was right behind us most of the way home but thankfully we were not caught in it.

On the journey which was about an hour and a half DH noticed that I seemed to be changing colour. I was getting redder and redder by the minute. I could feel my skin tightening and I knew it was bad. By the time I checked the mirror I got a shock. My arms were bad but my back was horrific. I can only think that as I was spraying the sunblock on the wind was stopping it from landing properly on my skin as I did apply it. DH had a laugh and insinuated that I didn’t put any on on purpose to get some colour (which is ridiculous as I don’t get a tan – ever!!). He was convinced of this until he saw his back which was the same. That’s is the only thing we can think of as to why we burned. We were well covered and didn’t get a hint of red any other day. I suppose with the wind and the dry heat you maybe don’t feel it as much at the coast. Thankfully both girls were absolutely fine and had no red at all. I applied their sunblock at the car though so I am grateful for that. We had to got o the pharmacy and get some of the solacaine gel. That helped a bit.

A trip to the Outback for dinner finished off the day and another couple of Wallaby Darned cocktails – loving the Happy Hour!!!! These are amazing and I would recommend anyone to try one – especially when they are 2 for 1!!! It numbed the pain of the burn!!!!! ( a little………… ) (except a lovely shade of champagne peachy pink!)
Old 09-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #95
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Oh and wee bit of exciting news! My lovely DH has decided that we shouldn't wait another 3 ears to go back - we have just booked flights for the end of June next year!!!!

So excited!!!!!!! We will still do a big trip in 2011 but this will be a bonus one!!
Old 09-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #96
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Ahoy there pirate!!!!

One of the days DE has been looking forward to. She used some birthday money to pay for a Pirate Adventure at the Grand Floridian. I learned about this activity on another forum and though she would love it. I wondered if it would be just little boys but in actual fact it was about 50:50 split. We arrive at the hotel with pretty much no time to spare so had to valet park. The trip meets at the marina so we literally run through the GF to get there in time. We arrive and DE goes with a Cast Member to get organised. They get a life jacket to wear and also a bandana with Mickey Ears on it to put on. They all looked very cute!

All the kids gathered and then made their way onto the Pirate Ship after getting a buddy. It was a great little boat. Very well decorated to look like a real pirate ship - complete with the Jolly Roger! They practiced their “aaarrrrhhhh”s and off they sailed! We could hear them yelling it at other boats as they went out! Madness!

DH, DK and I went to the monorail and and headed for the Magic Kingdom. On the monorail we could see the pirate ship sailing about the lagoon.

We had decided to go to the Main Street Bakery for something for breakfast. DH had the Cherry pie which he loved last time. DK and I shared a cupcake and a box of strawberries. Yummy. We got an outside table on Main Street and watched the world go by. I love people watching on Main Street. Thinking about the other people having their own special holidays, wondering if they too had spent time planning, maybe on the dis?, and what their stories are.

Before we know it its time to go back and collect our little pirate. We took the boat back which was lovely. I love the GF - its such a pretty resort.

And who wouldn't want to get married here.....

We got back with time to spare and chatted with another Mum waiting for her 2 kids to come back. A boatful of pirates returned making a lot of noise and it is clear they have had a great time. It seems that they have been finding pieces of a treasure map and looking for the chest. One of the cast members decided to steal the chest but they left her on an island. She managed to get a speedboat and she came back. After forgiving her they brought back the treasure chest. During this time they had a lunch on the beach (PB&J sandwiches, goldfish crackers and a juice box). When the boat docked they opened the chest and found a little treasure bag for each of them containing beads, rings, a telescope, etc. They also got to keep their ears.

DE loved this trip and it was relatively inexpensive so big thumbs up for this one. You need to book obviously but DE really enjoyed the fact that she got to do this on her own and be independent. Many parents who put all their kids into this activity were especially excited about having 2 hours to themselves – child free!!! I could see their point. Maybe next time when DK will be old enough we will do the same. DK has really missed her sister and is pleased to see her. DE shard her loot bag with her so that was really sweet.

After nearly being convinced to listen to the DVC presentation – we would have bought I am sure – how good does it sound? – we went to DownTown Disney again to collect the Christmas decorations we were getting personalised. They were lovely. We have one from very trip for DE and this is DK’s first one. We also bought one for my Godson who would be 2 the next day. He is Mickey daft and its so lovely to keep. They were supposed to be coming but circumstances meant they were unable which was sad. They have never been before but maybe they will be bale to come on another trip.

Very quiet after that – a bit of a swim and some chill time round the pool. A lull before the last few days when we go mad trying to fit everything in!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #97
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Hey, you were in my neck of the woods. Now you know how far of a drive I have to WDW! Sorry you got sunburned. I always manage to do that. Love the pics!

I have wondered about the Pirate Cruise for our Jacob. He would probably enjoy it.

Oh, you get to come back next June!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 09-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #98
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Hey, you were in my neck of the woods. Now you know how far of a drive I have to WDW! Sorry you got sunburned. I always manage to do that. Love the pics!

I have wondered about the Pirate Cruise for our Jacob. He would probably enjoy it.

Oh, you get to come back next June!
Jacob would love it! i thought it was really good value too for what they get.

I am sooooooo excited about June. Was getting depressed at the thought of having to wait another 3 years!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #99
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Oh and wee bit of exciting news! My lovely DH has decided that we shouldn't wait another 3 ears to go back - we have just booked flights for the end of June next year!!!!

So excited!!!!!!! We will still do a big trip in 2011 but this will be a bonus one!!
Woohoo that is great news.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #100
rochek1999
Mouseketeer

Sunburned!

Scotsminnie -

If there is a next time you get a sunburn (LOL) get some regular grocery store Vinegar. Slap that on your burn and the pain is gone! Yip, you don't smell very good, but at least you aren't in pain!

Enjoying your TR!

Kim
1999 - All Star Music
2000 - All Star Music
April 2002 - All Star Music
November 2008 - POR and DH's First Trip

" Too Much of a Good Thing Can be Wonderful" - Mae West

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/h6xzc5sfuhdqzmjz.png[/img]

You've been BOO'D by Mickey's Halloween Helpers.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:16 AM   #101
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochek1999 View Post
Scotsminnie -

If there is a next time you get a sunburn (LOL) get some regular grocery store Vinegar. Slap that on your burn and the pain is gone! Yip, you don't smell very good, but at least you aren't in pain!

Enjoying your TR!

Kim
Thanks for the tip - I will remember that one. I wouldn't have cared aboutt he smell. It was agony. And the heat coming off it would have kept a small arctic country warm for a whole winter!

Not fun!

I never plan to make that mistake again. (although I'm sure I've said that before!!!)
Old 09-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #102
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

Beautiful pictures! The pictures of the storm behind you when you left the beach were pretty eery looking!!! Glad the weather turned out so nice for you but hope your sunburn didn't bother you too much. I loved the pirate cruise DD took. It looked like a lot of fun for kids. Sorry your TR is coming to an end.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #103
*MyGirlLovesMulan*
Earning My Ears

I am loving your TR, I MUST start my very own, been back one week today and I am feeling thoroughly depressed! More than anything because we don't ever seem to have a summer of our own any more?

I totally freaked at the photos of your villa visitor (wow, thought I was brave with a couple of cockroaches and a couple of frogs but jeez a snake!! Respect to Grandad for the bucket ) we also stayed off site at a beautiful villa in Formosa Gardens. Where were you staying at??

I'm also hearing you about the North Sea thing, we live a mile from the coast here in the North East and I can confirm the purple toes comment, a world away from the beautiful Gulf Coast!

Your photos are absolutely fab, I tend to take dreadful photos but I got a few beautiful ones this trip. The pirate trip looks brilliant (I think I will be keeping that one in mind for our next trip).

I am so pleased for you that you are getting to go back next year
we are also going back next year (hopefully) we learned some bad news about my neice when we were away, she was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis and we are hoping to raise the money to take her away with us in April. She is SUCH a sweetheart, she is only 2 yrs old and she watched our holiday video in COMPLETE awe! and couldnt believe her presents we brought back for her ("they came all of the way from Cinderella's Castle for me?") Fingers crossed, we will get to make her Disney Dream come true.

I look forward to reading the rest of your TR, brilliant so far, looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #104
I love OKW
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip report!! Can't wait to hear more.

How exciting that you will get to go back next summer!! We will be there the mid of July...just booked the flight today

Your girls are adorable!!

We will be bringing the light of our lives, our granddaughter, next summer. She will be 2 1/2 and I can't wait to see it thru her eyes like we saw it thru her mother's!!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #105
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Hi! I'm really enjoying your trip report. I love how you write about things you do, and your cadence and use of language makes me miss my friends across the ocean (England and Ireland).

I find the same thing happens to me with the spray-on sunscreen. It just doesn't stay put!

Oh, soft pretzels. I love them. Where I live they are plentiful, and you can get them plain - just salt, not butter or sugar - and they are still delicious and, best of all, not a lot of calories. They are what you get on the way home after going for drinks with girlfriends. Perfect no-guilt late night snack.

That's wonderful that you can come again in June! How fun!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: