Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #46
macheath
Got Dole Whip? No, really. Get me one and no one gets hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Now I know that an American would wonder why we go to Walmart when we come over. You have to understand that out supermarkets are nothing like Walmart and I could spend hours wandering about! Also for us buying things like shampoo, razors, etc is less than half the price than at home so it’s a good chance to fill up on some goodies. Why do the lines take so long to go down though? It’s a Walmart mystery!
I have distant family in Wales. They have said the same thing. They love Walmart! I once sent them some pictures that I had processed at WM and I think they were more thrilled in the WM envelope than anything! They say they wish they could take WM back home with them.
Next trip: POR Princess Tiana Room!- November 2012 "3 Birthdays Trip"

DH ME DS DD
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #47
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
How can you not look? They're frickin' hilarious.

Thank you so much for your TR so far! I'm really enjoying it a lot and can't wait to read more. Your girls are absolutely beautiful.

I'm just curious: What were the dates of your trip? I'm assuming it was recently. Are you still in Florida?

It seems like you and I have the same taste when it comes to attractions. I love Journey into Imagination as well. DH just groaned through it. I'm so said that they took away the Figment meet-n-greet. I didn't realize it was there when we went last and I found out about it when I got home. Now it's gone. I also thought Finding Nemo: The Musical was one of the most amazing things I'd ever seen. It is, bar none, the best show I've ever seen in a theme park.

I'm really glad you talked about the Tea Party. We don't have children yet but this seems priceless. Exactly the type of thing I would have liked to do when I was a little girl. How long did it last and how much did it cost? It would be so nice if Disney could offer more things like this to give parents a little break from the kiddies without feeling guilty.

By the way, I've only been to Edinburgh once, and it was just for a few days, but it is perhaps my favourite city in the world. I come from a place in Canada that has very strong Scottish roots with a lot of people who still speak Gaelic. My DH owns a kilt and that's not uncommon here. So, I enjoy your perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
Very cute pictures from Chef Mickey's. They have gummi bears there?

to the snake. I would have been so scared!
There are all kinds of fun things that they offer at Chef Mickey's to top your waffles or pancakes.

I recommend this short clip about Chef Mickey's. It shows many of the options:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8voYH0wbQTk
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #48
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. & Mrs. Smith View Post

There are all kinds of fun things that they offer at Chef Mickey's to top your waffles or pancakes.

OH WOW, thanks for that link now I wish we were going for breakfast instead of dinner. All those desserts for the kids look fab though. I CAN'T wait......

Kirsten
Old 07-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #49
irky416
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the video! I might have to try Chef Mickey's next time I go. The gummi bears really pushed me over the edge!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #50
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your TR! I'm one of the several on the boards that wants to visit the UK as much as you all want to visit WDW!

Your daughters are adorable! And so sorry about the snake! Yikes!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #51
Microcell
No, no,no, those red signs with the word STOP on them are optional if they have a white border.
I hope you like Debbie Gibson? I did not and got busted at a DECA National Convention for skipping her concert!

Great TR! Yeah, the Walmart love has me stumped, as I do everything in my power to avoid it like the plague! I take it for granted to be sure, as there is one 1/2 a mile away from my house! You won't find me in one between November and January.. the Christmas rush is INSANE!!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #52
mplsmom1
Mouseketeer

What a great trip report! Really enjoying it and now will be sure to do Nemo at AK, it wasn't even on my radar. I've been to Edinburgh about 13 years ago and thought the city was beautiful and enjoyed a sidetrip to Lithingow (sp?!) even more.

Your girls are so sweet. I will be traveling with big teenage boys - ah, but they are pretty sweet as well!

being from Minnesota I have to put a plug in for Target instead of Wal-Mart. I never shop Wal-Mart unless I can help it.

Will keep reading - have to see if that snake resurfaces ( ) THanks again for the wonderful report!

Oct '08 - AsMo
Apr '04 - AsSp
Nov '01 - AsMo
Oct '99 - AsMo
Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #53
Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post
OH WOW, thanks for that link now I wish we were going for breakfast instead of dinner. All those desserts for the kids look fab though. I CAN'T wait......

Kirsten
Didn't that peanut butter and jelly with mashmallow pizza thing look amazing? It's funny because when I showed DH the Chef Mickey's video, he was grossed out by all the junk food for breakfast. Me? I would be in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplsmom1 View Post
being from Minnesota I have to put a plug in for Target instead of Wal-Mart. I never shop Wal-Mart unless I can help it.
Agreed. I Target! Can't stand the evil Wal-mart.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #54
mplsmom1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Agreed. I Target! Can't stand the evil Wal-mart.
Is Target in Canada?? We just drove to Banff Alberta and I saw some Wal-Marts but no Targets??! Perhaps they were hiding from me!

Oct '08 - AsMo
Apr '04 - AsSp
Nov '01 - AsMo
Oct '99 - AsMo
Old 07-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #55
Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Quote:
Is Target in Canada?? We just drove to Banff Alberta and I saw some Wal-Marts but no Targets??! Perhaps they were hiding from me!
I don't believe there are any Targets in Canada but there are plenty in the States.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #56
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for your TR so far! I'm really enjoying it a lot and can't wait to read more. Your girls are absolutely beautiful.

I'm just curious: What were the dates of your trip? I'm assuming it was recently. Are you still in Florida?

It seems like you and I have the same taste when it comes to attractions. I love Journey into Imagination as well. DH just groaned through it. I'm so said that they took away the Figment meet-n-greet. I didn't realize it was there when we went last and I found out about it when I got home. Now it's gone. I also thought Finding Nemo: The Musical was one of the most amazing things I'd ever seen. It is, bar none, the best show I've ever seen in a theme park.

I'm really glad you talked about the Tea Party. We don't have children yet but this seems priceless. Exactly the type of thing I would have liked to do when I was a little girl. How long did it last and how much did it cost? It would be so nice if Disney could offer more things like this to give parents a little break from the kiddies without feeling guilty.

By the way, I've only been to Edinburgh once, and it was just for a few days, but it is perhaps my favourite city in the world. I come from a place in Canada that has very strong Scottish roots with a lot of people who still speak Gaelic. My DH owns a kilt and that's not uncommon here. So, I enjoy your perspective!

We werein orlando in Early June. Our first MK day was the 11th June and we flew back the evening of the 27th. Wish I was still there!!!

Don't miss Finding Nemo the Musical. It was magical and totally worth seeing.

Glad you enjoyed Edinburgh. Love the fact that your DH has a kilt! All men look fab in a kilt I think!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #57
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macheath View Post
I have distant family in Wales. They have said the same thing. They love Walmart! I once sent them some pictures that I had processed at WM and I think they were more thrilled in the WM envelope than anything! They say they wish they could take WM back home with them.
We have the UK equivelent from the Walmart family - Asda. Its rubbish. I could wander round Walmart all night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR! I'm one of the several on the boards that wants to visit the UK as much as you all want to visit WDW!

Your daughters are adorable! And so sorry about the snake! Yikes!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Kristen
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcell View Post
Great TR! Yeah, the Walmart love has me stumped, as I do everything in my power to avoid it like the plague! I take it for granted to be sure, as there is one 1/2 a mile away from my house! You won't find me in one between November and January.. the Christmas rush is INSANE!!
See I always think "I bet this place is great with the Christmas stuff in" !!!!

Quote:
What a great trip report! Really enjoying it and now will be sure to do Nemo at AK, it wasn't even on my radar. I've been to Edinburgh about 13 years ago and thought the city was beautiful and enjoyed a sidetrip to Lithingow (sp?!) even more.

Your girls are so sweet. I will be traveling with big teenage boys - ah, but they are pretty sweet as well!

Will keep reading - have to see if that snake resurfaces ( ) THanks again for the wonderful report!
Linlithgow is very close to me and it does have a beautiful palace - I take it that is where you visited?

We also visited Target and I like it too - although not as much!!!

I know - I am a sick puppy!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #58
lborne
It all started with a rabbit

Its funny. I shop the Wal-Mart on 192 in Orlando when I'm there because they have an entire row dedicated to Brit food. I stock up on Apple & Black Current Squash which we can't normally get here in the states. Otherwise, as others have said, we stick to Target.

As for the long lines, it is due to slow check out clerks and/or slow customers who seem to occupy Wal-Marts in greater percentages than other stores.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #59
Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lborne View Post
As for the long lines, it is due to slow check out clerks and/or slow customers who seem to occupy Wal-Marts in greater percentages than other stores.
And Wal-mart is notorious for understaffing its stores. Not only that, but with the way they treat their employees, it's no wonder they don't work with a spring in their steps. But I digress . .

Sorry...on with the TR!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #60
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

The best day of my holiday I think.......

This is a boys or girls day.

Boys day first…….

The boys left at 6am and left for Port Canaveral to do some sea fishing. We found a great company online (don’t know if I can post the link or not?) who had small boats (they were the only customers on the boat) and go about 4-5 miles out for some fishing for 4 hours. DH said it was great as it wasn’t sterile and organised too much. It was like the guys were going out to fish they were along for the ride. Very laid back and enjoyable. It seems that it was mainly sharks but some croakers that were caught but a great day was had by all. DH caught a shark which he is very proud of! After some lunch they head to the Magic Kingdom to pick us up.

DH and his shark - Jaws eat your heart out!!!

Girls day.....

Probably my favourite day of the holiday. We had a taxi pick us up at 7am to take us to the Magic Kingdom. The Magic Kingdom didn’t open till 9 but we had a reservation at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at 8.05am for DE. We arrived outside the Magic Kingdom in loads of time and went through the gates. There were a few others walking through at that time on their way to breakfasts and things but it very surreal going up Main Street USA almost by yourself. The girls had earlier in the trip bought princess outfits to wear. DE chose to be Jasmine and DK was Tinkerbell. DK really wanted to be Aurora but nowhere could we find the Aurora dress in the smallest sizes. She loved her Tink dress too though. She is still wearing it now we are home!! I snapped loads of pictures of them wandering up to the castle – it was quite special.

My little princesses!

The ball invitation....

We arrived at the Boutique and DE was taken straight away. It was done so well and the salon area was gorgeous. We got to sit on the chairs in the middle of the room and watch which DK loved. DE chose the Princess makeover with the little tiara and she had her makeup and nails done. Must admit to being impressed by the ladies there. They really make the girls feel special and the little touches are so pretty. DK even got a sprinkling of fairy dust which she was excited about. Granny and I also got a little bit of fairy dust which I was then covered in all day. I really had to scrub my scalp to get it off my head too. I thought DE looked very pretty when she was done and she was very pleased with herself!

At Rope Drop...

When we came back into the castle we were at the rope for rope drop. DK insisted we went on the sasselle (carousel) first and so that is what we went straight for. We were first in line so DE was able to ride Cinderella’s horse. (In case you are wondering – Cinderella’s horse is the one in the second row with the gold bow tied round its tail). DK, not to be outdone, insisted that she was on Aurora’s horse! As noone was waiting to ride the cast member told us to stay on for a bonus ride much to DK’s excitement!

Note the ribbon on the tail..

Within the next hour we manage to ride most of Fantasyland due to walking on most rides which was great fun. I love the Winnie the Pooh ride and of course we had to go on It’s a Small World again for DK! Again!!!!

At 10.10 we made our way to the Castle again for our breakfast with the princesses. After checking in we went inside and got our photo taken with Cinderella. Its a great way to keep people busy while they wait for their table to be ready. I love the fact that Jaques and Gus are up in the rafters watching Cinderella. A very nice touch. Almost immediately we were called to go up stairs. I love the dining room in the castle – its so well done. The girls were given their wands and their wishing starts and enjoyed making their wishes when the time came. DE loved the twinkling lights after the wishes were made. I love the little speech about how everyone has wishes and dreams in their heart. I am a big softie and that always brings a little tear!!! How pathetic!!!! We had a lovely server and I think the food was much nicer than the last time we went. I love the bacon in the US. I seem to be in the minority as the rest of my family find it too fatty but I love the crispy sweet taste of it. DE was overjoyed to see Jasmine was there as she was not there on our last trip. For some reason Snow White is always my favourite at these things. She just sounds right (if you know what I mean?). DK was ecstatic to see Aurora and actually sat next to her for a photo – almost the only character she did this with.

All too soon it was over and we made our way outside. By now the heat had really cranked up so the girls changed out of their costumes. I had brought a nice skirt and top for DE and she kept on her sash. DK was very reluctant to give up her Tink dress – maybe as she was attracting such attention in it, but it was far too hot. She was very suited to being Tink – she has that cheekiness about her, but very cute.

ToonTown Fair was calling so as Mum and I took turns to take DE on the Barnstormer, the other played with DK in the playground. She was as happy as Larry on the slides and at least it is shaded in there. After a few more rides we headed for Main St USA. Mum has being dreaming about an apple charlotte from the Main Street Bakery since our last visit 3 years ago so that was our next stop. We got a table on the street so spent some time people watching – my favourite sport! The Family Fun Day parade passed and it was fun to see other guests taking part.

My very special princess...

At about half past two we left the park and the boys picked us up at the TTC. A shopping trip to the Premium outlets followed and then we stopped at Bahama Breeze for a lovely meal. I had paella and it was truly delicious. Back to the villa for a bit of a relax!

It didn’t seem so busy when we were there! No wonder I am so tired now!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: