Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #31
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuccaDrake View Post
Great report so far! I especially love chip and dale teasing DE about her missing teeth! Also, the tea party seems like a great idea. It was so cute how it was all set up! Keep the updates coming!

~Beka~
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Fan View Post
The tea party looks so adorable!!! Sound like a fun time was had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
Just found your TR! Great job so far!! The tea party looks soooo cute!! Can't wait to hear more!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macheath View Post
Love your pictures of the tea party! I may have to do this for my DD6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Great trip report. I've never had shorts get so wet they stretched out, but I had a tshirt do it and it ended up longer than my knees so I looked like I had no shorts on.

The tea party looks lovely. Seeing events like make me miss having a girl, but I love my boy!
The tea party was so lovely. A real treat for kids and she really did have a wonderful time. Anyway thinking about it should go ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
I hope you got to change your shorts and didn't have to deal with them all day! the tea party sounds cute.
No I had to deal with them all day. I have had to throw them away now as they are far too big!!! Shame - they were nice too!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #32
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

just found your report and have really enjoyed reading,your children are adorable and I thought your picture on Dinosaur was great

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #33
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

A hissy visitor....

One of my favourite characters breakfasts this morning – Chef Mickeys! We park at the Contemporary Hotel and make our way down. We get seated almost straight away and are pleased to see a change of characters since our last visit. Last time we had Chip and Dale there and not Donald and Minnie. It was great to see them there as I love Donald and Minnie.

Food was lovely and we ate a lot. The kids especially loved the Mickey shaped pancakes and of course the gummi bears! We also chatted to the people at the next table and Mum was so interested to hear that the woman was a doggy nanny. Lovely people from Miami and great to have a chat with.

The traditional Fantasia Mini Golf challenge followed. Now the men in our group take this activity very seriously indeed. As a result they came bottom, then Mum and I and DE was the winner. May be due to there being so many gimmies (free shots!) but she was overjoyed and really rubbed it in with the men!! They, of course, took it in good humour!!! Ahem…….

DE and her serious golf swing!!

Late afternoon we had a swim in the pool before going to the Outback for dinner. It was lovely and the Wallaby Darned cocktails are worth the visit alone! How do they get them so slushy?

Now on the way back to the villa we were unpacking the car when Mum and DE went to the door to open it. As DE got to the end of the path Mum shouted at her to move towards the door as she saw a snake by the side of the path which had its head raised up looking like it could bite. DE was not doing what she was told so Mum ran on and got her away. Now this snake was not huge but it was obviously planning to bite. We took a photo of it and decided to persuade it to move on away from the door. DH got a broom handle to chase it off but the snake struck at it quite a few times before going off under a bush. We went inside and looked on the internet to see what it was. The markings on it indicated it may have been a juvenile Cottonmouth also called a Water Moccasin which is a venomous snake. Not good. Plans were made to do a snake check before any of the kids left the house or car to ensure that they are safe. Hate snakes so this is not good! Must admit to having a quick look under the beds – just in case! Horrible thing! Here is a pic of the offending creature!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #34
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
just found your report and have really enjoyed reading,your children are adorable and I thought your picture on Dinosaur was great
A bit embarrassing but never mind. Its all good fun!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #35
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day!! We have been thinking about adding some of Disney's mini golf to our plans this trip! I would have freaked to see a snake!!! I HATE them!! I hope you didn't run into anymore on your trip!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 07-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #36
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
Sounds like you had a great day!! We have been thinking about adding some of Disney's mini golf to our plans this trip! I would have freaked to see a snake!!! I HATE them!! I hope you didn't run into anymore on your trip!!

You'll have to stay tuned to find out!!!

I hate them too. Very scared of them. Even more so now!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #37
irky416
DIS Veteran

Very cute pictures from Chef Mickey's. They have gummi bears there?

to the snake. I would have been so scared!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #38
caz1712
Mouseketeer

Oh I would have FREAKED if I had saw a snake! I'm useless if I see a flaming house spider never mind a venomous snake!!!

My boys however would have thought it to be cool and would have wanted to keep it as a pet knowing them - never going to happen! LOL

Great day! We have been trying and trying to get an ADR booked for Chef Mickey's for dinner our last night as we are doing MVMCP that night so thought it would be a nice finish. But unfortunately the earliset we could get was 8pm and I don't want to pay for tickets to leave half way through for dinner so I'm going to keep trying and see is anything earlier comes up. I didn't realise there was a charactr change - is this just the breakfast or dinner as well?

Great update!

Carreen
xxx
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #39
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

eww snakes, we have had a few on our doorstep in florida too,i am terrified of snakes so hubby does snake patrol every evening before i will even get
out of the car

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #40
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far, I like reading ones that have a child the same age as mine it lets me know a little bit of what to expect when we get there.

The girls are so cute, they look like they are having a fab time. I am glad you liked Chef Mickey's we are having dinner there on our first day. I am hoping it is good and the boys really like the characters.

Kirsten
Old 07-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #41
luvmyboys
WoW Widow
Us non-confrontational people aren't very skilled at laying down the law!
I shed worse than an English sheepdog!
I got one leg stuck in the holey knee

Terrific report so far-- minus the snake! I would've wet my pants! Can't wait to hear more...

--Shannon
Old 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #42
chaslaw
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear the rest!!!

I lived in Edinburgh from 1991 - 1992 while getting my MSc at Univ. of Edinburgh and that is one of the places I am determined to return and show my boy. Good times!! Too cold during the winter for a whimpy Southern girl like me but an awesome place.

Spring Break 2012 - A Pixie Dust Bonanza! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2917853
Pirate Adventures at the Fort PTR - January 15 - 19, 2009
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1982710
Our first (hopefully of many!) trip report - October 24 - 27, 2007 - Fort Wilderness Campgrounds:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1876757
It's good to be us!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #43
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
Very cute pictures from Chef Mickey's. They have gummi bears there?

to the snake. I would have been so scared!

They do!!! Thankfully my girls noticed AFTER they had eaten something else - otherwise it would have been just gummi bears for breakfast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz1712 View Post
Oh I would have FREAKED if I had saw a snake! I'm useless if I see a flaming house spider never mind a venomous snake!!!

My boys however would have thought it to be cool and would have wanted to keep it as a pet knowing them - never going to happen! LOL

Great day! We have been trying and trying to get an ADR booked for Chef Mickey's for dinner our last night as we are doing MVMCP that night so thought it would be a nice finish. But unfortunately the earliset we could get was 8pm and I don't want to pay for tickets to leave half way through for dinner so I'm going to keep trying and see is anything earlier comes up. I didn't realise there was a charactr change - is this just the breakfast or dinner as well?

Great update!

Carreen
xxx
I would keep trying - they do get cancellations. It is a really good place to go - a good atmosphere. I'm not sure what characters are at the dinner as we have only done the breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
eww snakes, we have had a few on our doorstep in florida too,i am terrified of snakes so hubby does snake patrol every evening before i will even get
out of the car
I hate them too. We did a Hissing Sid hunt every time we went out or in. We called him that to make him less scary - not for the kids (they didn't care) but for me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post
Great trip report so far, I like reading ones that have a child the same age as mine it lets me know a little bit of what to expect when we get there.

The girls are so cute, they look like they are having a fab time. I am glad you liked Chef Mickey's we are having dinner there on our first day. I am hoping it is good and the boys really like the characters.

Kirsten
I loved Chef Mickeys and would highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
Terrific report so far-- minus the snake! I would've wet my pants! Can't wait to hear more...

--Shannon
Thanks!! May be more snake to come.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaslaw View Post
I can't wait to hear the rest!!!

I lived in Edinburgh from 1991 - 1992 while getting my MSc at Univ. of Edinburgh and that is one of the places I am determined to return and show my boy. Good times!! Too cold during the winter for a whimpy Southern girl like me but an awesome place.
I'm glad you enjoyed it here. Edinburgh is a lovely place but you are right it is freezing in the winter. I'm not best keen on the cold either. We have just had our monthly gas heating charge put up due to my excessive use during last winter!! Have been warned this year to buy more jumpers!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #44
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Old 07-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #45
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

I found Nemo!!!

A quieter day today (almost) – we head to Animal Kingdom after only spending a short amount of time there the previous trip. We did Kilimanjaro Safaris which was fantastic as usual and DH rode Everest which he loved.

I was really excited about seeing the Finding Nemo Musical so we made sure we were there in time for that. DK was shattered by this time and really was not in the mood. DE was being awkward and saying she didn’t want to see it as she thought it was going to be too scary. I must admit to being pretty annoyed with her this morning as all she was willing to do without a fuss is what she wanted to do. We had a little discussion about how everyone is on holiday and she has to play the game a little bit. While we waited for it to start I took DK to the back and held her till she went to sleep so we thought we would get to watch it. Unfortunately she woke up and one of us had to take her out. As I had been so looking forward to it DH took her outside for a walk in her buggy and she feel asleep out there. It was a real shame as I thought the show was amazing. So different and visually stunning – a real favourite of mine of the trip. Needless to say DE loved it and said it was one of her favourite things of her holiday. Then it was back to Dinoland and another ride on Primevil Whirl for DH, DE, Granny and Grandad while I took DK to see Dino Sue. She loved playing in the sand and digging up the dino bones. Perfect for little ones and a bit of time out of the sun was much appreciated. We had a play on some of the side shows and won a few toys. I can already tell there is no way we will be trekking them all back to the UK!!!

Lunch today was at Flame Tree BBQ and I love the pork sandwiches. I found seating right down the bottom on the little blue area which goes out into the lake area. The table looked out over to Asia and Everest and it was a fun place to sit. The kids were spotting fish and turtles in the water next to the table which kept them busy for a while.

Afterwards a quiet night and a chance to have some rest time because as you can tell we haven’t had much of that yet. We popped out briefly to Walmart to do a bit of shopping while Mum babysat the kids.

Now I know that an American would wonder why we go to Walmart when we come over. You have to understand that out supermarkets are nothing like Walmart and I could spend hours wandering about! Also for us buying things like shampoo, razors, etc is less than half the price than at home so it’s a good chance to fill up on some goodies. Why do the lines take so long to go down though? It’s a Walmart mystery!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: