Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #16
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

Your girls are so adorable!!! My mom is from a little town on the outskirts of Glasgow and I always enjoy reading TR's from Scotland! Sounds like the girls really enjoyed Epcot. Looking forward to reading more.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
caz1712
Mouseketeer

What a small world - (oh no the song is coming into my head)

I'm from Falkirk and I don't know how but I recognise your face from somewhere! Probably just around town or something! Your girls are gorgeous!

Great trip report can't wait to read more!

Carreen
xxx
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #18
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz1712 View Post
What a small world - (oh no the song is coming into my head)

I'm from Falkirk and I don't know how but I recognise your face from somewhere! Probably just around town or something! Your girls are gorgeous!

Great trip report can't wait to read more!

Carreen
xxx
How strange is that??

Wish i was still looking forward to my trip! Another 3 years for us now......

Lx
Old 07-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #19
caz1712
Mouseketeer

I know bizzare!

My countdown can't go quick enough really! I am an obsessive planner and I have lists for lists! So finding this forum has been great! Knowing that there are other obsessive people like me out there!

DH thinks I'm mad for all the planning I'm doing (well he thinks I'm off my rocker anyway so really doesn't make much difference! ) but he just doesn't seem to understand how much planning this holiday will take!

Oh he will thank me I can tell you

Three years is probably what we will have to wait for after this holiday as its cost an absolute arm and a leg!

Carreen
xxx
Old 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #20
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

I feel your pain! I too am an obsessive planner but I think if you don't plan then your holiday to WDW can be a nightmare. Some people wing it but never seem to have the same enjoyment that you get if you do your homework.

Your countdown will pass very quickly I'm sure.

Lx
Old 07-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #21
manntra
DIS Veteran

Subscribing.....I wish I knew what target you hit on Buzz Lightyear...I am taking my two nephews in a few weeks and of course they are video game addicts so I would love to beat them! Great report so far and lovely pictures of your family!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #22
IcePrincess467
Love everything about WDW and I am Addicted to The Dis!!

Subbing to your TR. So far, so good and your girls are just sooo cute!! Looking foward to reading more

Cast: Me (28), DH (30), DS (3.5 months) WDW Honeymoon May 2005, WDW Easter Trip April 2007 , WDW 2008 17 day vacation!, Connor's First Visit to meet Mickey April 2010
Old 07-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #23
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Subscribing.....I wish I knew what target you hit on Buzz Lightyear...I am taking my two nephews in a few weeks and of course they are video game addicts so I would love to beat them! Great report so far and lovely pictures of your family!
I can't quite remember but the ride stopped and so I got a good look about. i do remember it being near the beginning of the ride on the right hand side. It was like an antanna sticking up with a target on the end - if that helps!!!!! Just luck! I only had to hit it a few times to get that score. i think if you can find targets that are not so easily seen these have the biggest score!

Glad you are enjoying my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess467 View Post
Subbing to your TR. So far, so good and your girls are just sooo cute!! Looking foward to reading more
Welcome!!! Will try to get the next day done tomorrow night. Been so busy these last few days!
Lx
Old 07-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #24
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom this morning and again we were there pretty early. I really love this park – there is something about the look of the park and the attention to detail which I love. We rode Kali River Rapids - DE loves this ride and we got totally soaked. My problem was that I wore shorts which did not have any elastic in the waist but fitted me nicely. Somehow in getting soaked my shorts started to get bigger and bigger and I had no belt! Oooops!

We then headed to Dinoland USA and did a ride switch for Dinosaur. I was trying to persuade DE to ride Dinosaur but she didn’t want to so I left her. I am sooooooo glad she didn’t want to as I had forgotten how intense it is. Now I know I am a wimp on this but I actually had both hands covering my eyes by the time the picture was taken – queue hilarity from others looking at them! – and still have not seen what happens at the end of the ride. All I know is something big happens as I can hear the roar and feel the breath but my eyes are always tightly shut!!!!!

Note me in the back row. The kids in front crack me up. They are almost on the floor!

She rode Primevil Whirl and DK rode the Triceratops Spin. A quick visit to the character spot to see Pooh and friends and we were off.

Then it was off to the Grand Floridian. DD6 had a reservation for the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party. We checked in and waited for it to start. Now I should say that by this time I was seriously in danger of losing my shorts. They were at least 2 sizes too big by this stage. Thankfully my top was quite loose so it hid it well. Every time I stood up I had to ensure that I held on to them – just in case!!!

When the doors to the tea party opened it looked fantastic. The table was set with little tea pots and cups and each child had a little cupcake with icing and sprinkles. The cast members asked them leave the end seats free for them as they have had a long day and with that the grown ups were sent away! An hour later we returned for her and by all accounts a wonderful time was had by all. When we got back in the room all the kids were pretending to be asleep and then they shouted surprise and they all had made little flower bouquets for the parents. Very sweet! Details are a bit patchy but I gather that they decorated their cupcakes and ate them, had sandwiches and tea (apple juice) and played various games. Obviously the end seats were reserved for Alice and the Mad Hatter and they led the fun. They came out with a photo of themselves with the 2 characters. If you have a little girl (or wee boy – there were 2 there and both had a lot of fun) this is really worth doing. Something they can do on their own and just have fun with other kids.

Now the other big event of the day is that DE lost another tooth. She already has lost the front 2 teeth by knocking them on the side of the bath 2 years ago – they have not come in yet. She lost the one next to these ones today so she now has 3 missing from the top – all in a row! Lovely!!! It just adds to her cheekiness. May be a sign that the front 2 are eventually starting to push down into place – fingers crossed!

Last edited by ScotsMinnie; 07-09-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #25
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Great report so far! I especially love chip and dale teasing DE about her missing teeth! Also, the tea party seems like a great idea. It was so cute how it was all set up! Keep the updates coming!

~Beka~

1983-1994 - Offsite (Dave as child)
1997 - Offsite (Beka as teenager)
2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP
2013 - CSR in December
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #26
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

The tea party looks so adorable!!! Sound like a fun time was had.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #27
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR! Great job so far!! The tea party looks soooo cute!! Can't wait to hear more!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 07-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #28
irky416
DIS Veteran

I hope you got to change your shorts and didn't have to deal with them all day! the tea party sounds cute.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #29
macheath
Got Dole Whip? No, really. Get me one and no one gets hurt!

Love your pictures of the tea party! I may have to do this for my DD6.
Next trip: POR Princess Tiana Room!- November 2012 "3 Birthdays Trip"

DH ME DS DD
Old 07-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #30
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. I've never had shorts get so wet they stretched out, but I had a tshirt do it and it ended up longer than my knees so I looked like I had no shorts on.

The tea party looks lovely. Seeing events like make me miss having a girl, but I love my boy!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: