Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Mom2Kate-Anna
Earning My Ears

Is it Christmas Yet? Can we Sleep with the Animals? - Updated 8-20

Hi everyone I am fairly new to the boards and have loved reading the trip reports and all of the overall useful information. So I finally decided why not go for it myself. I hope you all enjoy!!

First a little background info on my gang. We will start with who else but me, Ashley, I grew up in Florida (this is also where we currently live) on the beach and took yearly vacations to the world, usually camping at Fort Wilderness. My love for disney started at an early age but increased to great proportions when I had my own children. I am a stay at home mom/Dance Instructor I work afternoons and the kids mostly come with me, if my husband is not off of work yet. It is wonderful I Love My Job.

Now on to my hubby Nathan... we met at shall I say it........SPRING BREAK. I was working on the beach and he was visiting from Tennessee. Well I left a lasting impression I guess and he kept returning weekend after weekend. Well we were eventually married and now have 2 beautiful girls. I took DH on his first trip to disney the summer before we were married. He loves Disney but not so much in the planning but always thanks me in the end for bugging him endlessly on where he wants to eat.

On to the most important parts of our gang our two princesses. They are true Disney lovers just like their mother. The oldest is Kate she is 5 and very outgoing. She can't decide if she is a princess, pirate, or a popstar. The baby is Anna and is 2. She is our little snuggle bug and just the sweetest laid back child. She tries to be just like her sister so she can't decide if she is a princess,pirate or pop star either. Kate's first trip was at 9 months old when Nathan return from his first tour of Iraq. They had just met a few weeks prior. Anna's first trip was at 6 months after Nathan's final tour.

Next I will update with pictures of the cast and our hotel choice.

Last edited by Mom2Kate-Anna; 08-20-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Mom2Kate-Anna
Earning My Ears

Ok well here it goes my first time posting pics......

Nathan and Kate on our trip to Gatlinburg

Anna and myself also during the vacation

Yes, I try and dress the girls alike as often as I can.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
njdisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

I'm on board for your PTR. I can't wait to read all about your planning. Your girls are so cute.

BACK FROM MY TRIP OF A MILLION DREAMS (tons of pics) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post22441592
A DECEMBER TO REMEMBER (with "A LOT" of pics!!!)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post29895173
SO THEY WANT US TO CELEBRATE?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post31256577
Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Mom2Kate-Anna
Earning My Ears

Now on to the important stuff where to stay.
I went back and forth on where to stay. We knew that we wanted something very special because this was not only our big yearly family vacation it was everyones Christmas present. The girls will be getting things for the trip to unwrap Christmas morning such as princess gear, autograph books and things to do in the car on the way down.

So after Kate watched the planning dvd she asked "next time we go to Disney can we stay withe the animals" I went all out and booked the Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level for Dec 29th-Jan 4th. But I can't tell her that we are going to "stay with the animals" because we are waiting until Christmas Day to tell them .

Well here are a few more pics of he girls past trips now that I got the hang of photobucket.

Kate's 4th Birthday at the Magic Kingdom

Christmas 2007

Anna's 2nd Birthday At Epcot

And a few other of my favorites

Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Super cute! Our kids are the exact same ages.
Have a blast!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 07-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
bellasmommy0
DIS Veteran

You have some gorgeous girls. sounds like you are going to have a great trip, cant wait to hear more about it!!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Your daughters are beautiful!!!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #8
Mom2Kate-Anna
Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone for all of the responses so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdisneyfreak View Post
I'm on board for your PTR. I can't wait to read all about your planning. Your girls are so cute.
Thanks, I absolutely love planning. I think I always end up changing things just so the planning doesn't end, maybe over planning

Quote:
Super cute! Our kids are the exact same ages.
Have a blast!
Thank you,we will!!

Quote:
You have some gorgeous girls. sounds like you are going to have a great trip, cant wait to hear more about it!!
Can't wait to add more. Posting ADRs hopefully tomorrow!!

Quote:
Your daughters are beautiful!!!
Thanks So Much

Up next ADR's...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
katiebug86
DIS Veteran

Wow. Your husband sounds just like my boyfriend Ryan! It's weird. Your girls are ADORABLE. I am just missing you by a couple of days.. can't wait to hear more. Your doing a great job so far.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Too Gorgeous little girls!!! What a great present!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
Mom2Kate-Anna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug86 View Post
Wow. Your husband sounds just like my boyfriend Ryan! It's weird. Your girls are ADORABLE. I am just missing you by a couple of days.. can't wait to hear more. Your doing a great job so far.
Thanks so much!! Yeah my husband is counting down the days to college football season, I'm guessing Ryan is just as ready for it to start.

Quote:
Too Gorgeous little girls!!! What a great present!
Thank You!!!

Last edited by Mom2Kate-Anna; 07-18-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #12
Mom2Kate-Anna
Earning My Ears

Well after much thought over the dining plans (we have never used them before, just DDE) we decided to go with the deluxe dining plan. I did the math over and over and over again and we came out ahead everytime with the deluxe plan versus the use of DDE or the regular plan. So my adr's are booked and with all of the credits we have with the plan we still have an extra adr we will just pay OOP. Alot of them are new to us as I told myself since we are doing the deluxe plan we are going to try many new things and not just our regulars.

So here they are

12/29
Dinner Jiko 7:10 - New to us

12/30
Breakfast Akershus 8:40
Lunch Le Cellier 12:00 -New to us
Dinner O'hana 7:00 - New to us

12/31
Breakfast Donalds Safari Tusker House 8:05 - New to us although we did do the breakfast when it was at Restuarantasaurus (sp?)
Lunch Yak and Yeti 12:00 - New to us
Dinner Boma 6:30 - New to us

1/1
Lunch Crystal Palace 11:30- Must Do each visit
Dinner California Grill 5:40 - New to us

1/2
Breakfast Hollywood and Vine 8:10 - New to us kinda- Our last visit for breakfast the power went out in that section of the park so they brought pastries and fruit with coffee and juice out at no charge and they also brought out the characters.
Lunch Mama Melrose 12:00-New to us
Dinner 1900 Park Fare 7:00

1/3
Lunch The Plaza 11:30 - OOP
Dinner Cinderella's Royal Table 5:45

1/4
Lunch Rose and Crown 12:00 New to us
Dinner Chefs de France 6:00 New to us

Well there they are. Up next touring plans and other surprises!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
katiebug86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Kate-Anna View Post
Thanks so much!! Yeah my husband is counting down the days to college football season, I'm guessing Ryan is just as ready for it to start.

Thank You!!!
Yep .. he is. lol Acutally on his myspace page he has a countdown ticker like the ones we have for disney world for when the first LSU game.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
njdisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Kate-Anna View Post
Well after much thought over the dining plans (we have never used them before, just DDE) we decided to go with the deluxe dining plan. I did the math over and over and over again and we came out ahead everytime with the deluxe plan versus the use of DDE or the regular plan. So my adr's are booked and with all of the credits we have with the plan we still have an extra adr we will just pay OOP. Alot of them are new to us as I told myself since we are doing the deluxe plan we are going to try many new things and not just our regulars.

So here they are

12/29
Dinner Jiko 7:10 - New to us

12/30
Breakfast Akershus 8:40
Lunch Le Cellier 12:00 -New to us
Dinner O'hana 7:00 - New to us

12/31
Breakfast Donalds Safari Tusker House 8:05 - New to us although we did do the breakfast when it was at Restuarantasaurus (sp?)
Lunch Yak and Yeti 12:00 - New to us
Dinner Boma 6:30 - New to us

1/1
Lunch Crystal Palace 11:30- Must Do each visit
Dinner California Grill 5:40 - New to us

1/2
Breakfast Hollywood and Vine 8:10 - New to us kinda- Our last visit for breakfast the power went out in that section of the park so they brought pastries and fruit with coffee and juice out at no charge and they also brought out the characters.
Lunch Mama Melrose 12:00-New to us
Dinner 1900 Park Fare 7:00

1/3
Lunch The Plaza 11:30 - OOP
Dinner Cinderella's Royal Table 5:45

1/4
Lunch Rose and Crown 12:00 New to us
Dinner Chefs de France 6:00 New to us

Well there they are. Up next touring plans and other surprises!
Looks good. Not only will you guys be at AKL when we're there, but we'll both be at the AK on Dec. 31st. We're bound to run into each other.

I can't wait to read your next update.

BACK FROM MY TRIP OF A MILLION DREAMS (tons of pics) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post22441592
A DECEMBER TO REMEMBER (with "A LOT" of pics!!!)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post29895173
SO THEY WANT US TO CELEBRATE?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post31256577
Old 07-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
NatalieMT
Mouseketeer

First of all what a beautiful family you have! What a fantastic surprise trip too, sure you will make memories for a lifetime. I like the surprise element aswell, I can imagine it will be so exciting for your daughters.

Great ADRs too, like the opening night at Jiko. Sure you guys will have a blast. I look forward to reading more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: