Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #91
Laumau
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Momof2Disneyboys;26107752]Oh boy, I don't know! Maybe not, if you stay out of Pleasure Island. A lot of people will probably be going to the night clubs. Wait, when are those supposed to be closing? I forget if it's this fall or the beginning of 2009. Either way, being at DTD when it is crowded is better than being at a park when it is crowded!

We would just stay in the shopping part- no interest in the clubs or shows. We're staying in a hotel on Parkway Blvd that night.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #92
lovemy2boys
Mouseketeer

Just booked today! 10 nights at AKL in January. We just got back from our very first Disney trip last month and had such a great time that we booked again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #93
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy2boys View Post
Just booked today! 10 nights at AKL in January. We just got back from our very first Disney trip last month and had such a great time that we booked again!
Your boys are adorable- I guess you'll have #3 with you when you go again.

Glad to hear you had such a good time!

The Mau Ohana Me, DH, DD (12), DD(10), DS (6), DD (4)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #94
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Here are our plans for our trip:

We're driving from home, leaving on Dec. 29, so we'll have our own car, then DH and the "baby" (who turns 4 in Oct) will drive home and I'll fly with the older ones so they can get back to school by Jan. 8.

Leave on Dec. 29 and drive to Pensacola. Spend Dec. 30 (my birthday) in Pensacola. Leave Dec. 31 and drive to Orlando and stay in hotel in Kissimmee.

Arrive on Jan. 1- drive straight to Epcot from hotel outside Orlando. Do Future World, eat lunch, then check in to Wilderness Lodge. Take boat to Contemporary- dinner at Chef Mickey's at 5:45, perhaps take monorail to Magic Kingdom- maybe see Wishes if not too crowded and late?

Jan 2- Animal Kingdom, early dinner at Boma, 4pm, then drive to DTD for shopping. *and ice cream at Ghiradelli's!*

Jan. 3- Sleep in and spend morning at resort. Go to Epcot at lunchtime, do World Showcase, dinner at Askershus, 4:55pm, maybe see IllumiNations if not too late.

Jan. 4- Go to Studios, dinner at Mama Melrose, Fantasmic package.

Jan 5- Magic Kingdom, dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (no more character dinners! ) might cancel this one if we're too tired.

Jan 6- Magic Kingdom, back to resort early-ish, kids to Cubs Den so we can have adult night at Artist Point, 6:30.

Jan 7- Check out of WL, load car, Breakfast at Crystal Palace, 9:30, spend some time in MK, leave by 1pm, flight leaves at 3pm.

We've never been there before so I don't know how much endurance we'll have in the parks and so forth- so all is subject to change depending on mood, etc. We also may end up splitting the family if the older ones want some extra time in the Studios, for example, if they had late EMH's one night.

Right now I'm anxiously awaiting Disney's putting the packages up for sale for 2009 so we can buy our park hoppers and dining plan. Also looking forward to the park hours coming out. We may or may not take advantage of the EMH's.

What do you experience DIS'ers think of these?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #95
lovemy2boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laumau View Post
Your boys are adorable- I guess you'll have #3 with you when you go again.

Glad to hear you had such a good time!
thanks! Yes our newest little guy will be just 6 weeks when we go. He'll be strapped to me most of the time
Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #96
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy2boys View Post
thanks! Yes our newest little guy will be just 6 weeks when we go. He'll be strapped to me most of the time
That's actually a pretty easy age- have baby, will travel- especially when it's your third one. I'd take that age over 18 months old any day of the week!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #97
lovemy2boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laumau View Post
Here are our plans for our trip:

We're driving from home, leaving on Dec. 29, so we'll have our own car, then DH and the "baby" (who turns 4 in Oct) will drive home and I'll fly with the older ones so they can get back to school by Jan. 8.

Leave on Dec. 29 and drive to Pensacola. Spend Dec. 30 (my birthday) in Pensacola. Leave Dec. 31 and drive to Orlando and stay in hotel in Kissimmee.

Arrive on Jan. 1- drive straight to Epcot from hotel outside Orlando. Do Future World, eat lunch, then check in to Wilderness Lodge. Take boat to Contemporary- dinner at Chef Mickey's at 5:45, perhaps take monorail to Magic Kingdom- maybe see Wishes if not too crowded and late?

Jan 2- Animal Kingdom, early dinner at Boma, 4pm, then drive to DTD for shopping. *and ice cream at Ghiradelli's!*

Jan. 3- Sleep in and spend morning at resort. Go to Epcot at lunchtime, do World Showcase, dinner at Askershus, 4:55pm, maybe see IllumiNations if not too late.

Jan. 4- Go to Studios, dinner at Mama Melrose, Fantasmic package.

Jan 5- Magic Kingdom, dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (no more character dinners! ) might cancel this one if we're too tired.

Jan 6- Magic Kingdom, back to resort early-ish, kids to Cubs Den so we can have adult night at Artist Point, 6:30.

Jan 7- Check out of WL, load car, Breakfast at Crystal Palace, 9:30, spend some time in MK, leave by 1pm, flight leaves at 3pm.

We've never been there before so I don't know how much endurance we'll have in the parks and so forth- so all is subject to change depending on mood, etc. We also may end up splitting the family if the older ones want some extra time in the Studios, for example, if they had late EMH's one night.

Right now I'm anxiously awaiting Disney's putting the packages up for sale for 2009 so we can buy our park hoppers and dining plan. Also looking forward to the park hours coming out. We may or may not take advantage of the EMH's.

What do you experience DIS'ers think of these?
I just want to say that we loved Liberty Tree Tavern and breakfast at Crystal Palace. Both really great!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #98
Remmy
Mouseketeer

Hi fellow Snowbirds

I too am having second thoughts on booking early. I too wonder if more deals will come our way if the majority of the people wait. I received an email from our travel agent with the advice found here on the DIS and she agrees to book room only then upgrade to the package of our choice later if they are of good value.

I am also wondering if there will be a Pirate and Princess party this coming January or February when we are there. We have seen some pictures and web video on it and it looks like a blast. I especially like how they have sold it this year, as only being offered at specific times, so you keep coming back at different seasons to experience all sides of Disney.

To Shelly, Thank you so much for keeping us all motivated and keeping a running total on who is all coming and when.

To Laumau and your dinner reservations on the 5 of January. If you are wanting to see the characters, then I would book elsewhere and maybe a breakfast, or at another park-Epcot (if you have a park hoper-Garden Grill is excellent in my opinion), or at 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian. If it is for the food your are booking, or since you will be at Magic Kingdom and don't wish to go elsewhere, then I suggest keeping it the way you have it.

To sixisenough-you asked about the Fort. If you mean Fort Wilderness, we stayed there with extended family in February 2006. It was kept very clean and well laid out. We were in loop 1400 and very convenient to everything. If possible stay in that loop as it is very close to where the campfire with Chip and Dale and movie night is and Meadow Trading Post. In my opinion that was the better of the two there at that time. We also could walk up to the boat launch for Magic Kingdom, we loved that option.

You also mentioned bad bus service at the Pop. May I please inquire what your problems were. In the many guide books and on various sites, it should have been the best of all values for the buses as they don't share. That is one of the major reasons we were considering it. We have heard from friends who have been at All Stars and the above, there is much wait time to go to the other resorts to load up and drop off. I am not saying that is always the case, but just from what I have read and heard. I am curious at your reasons, if you don't mind sharing as I have time to change.

Thanks Remmy
Old 07-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #99
drakes
DIS Veteran

We are going Jan 16 to the 26th 2009!!!
Me,DH, DD and DM/Dnana will be going and we have reserved ASMo again! We really enjoyed it here in Jan 2007!
We have our flight booked and we get in early on the 16th! WooHoo - we can hit a park!
We have our plan, which seems to change when we hear rumours!

We would like to do the DlxDP as there are so many TS restaurants we want to try, when we did the basic DDP we did find we were paying OOP, which I want to avoid. I also found our TS ADR allowed us to the table quickly and we got pout in good time, just as quick as a CS. With a bonus of better food and down time to enjoy what we have just experienced.(maybe I am just trying to convince myself, DH and DM are convinced)

We booked the time as it is the same (only extended) stay of our 2007 trip. MLK was fine, no true difference in crowd levels. There was a Cheerleader competition there that weekend as well at the ASSp. We only saw these girls at the airport! We did find the food court at the all stars busy this time of year with tour groups during breakfast hours (never ate lunch or dinner there). So we are hoping to use our DlxDP to move out of the food court breakfast.

So I look forward to other plans and ideas!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #100
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post

To Laumau and your dinner reservations on the 5 of January. If you are wanting to see the characters, then I would book elsewhere and maybe a breakfast, or at another park-Epcot (if you have a park hoper-Garden Grill is excellent in my opinion), or at 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian. If it is for the food your are booking, or since you will be at Magic Kingdom and don't wish to go elsewhere, then I suggest keeping it the way you have it.

Thanks for the advice! It's funny because when I originally thought to book LTT I was doing so on the advice of my neighbor and didn't even know it was a character dinner then was excited when I found out it was, then disappointed when I found out it wasn't.

1900 Park Fare is a good idea- I'll think about that since it's close to MK and our resort, WL. We will be the MK that day, so might just keep LTT anyways. It sounds like kind of a neat restaurant, and we'll be having other character meals. The last day of characters there is actually Jan. 4- don't know if I feel like switching days- really wanted to be in MK on the presumably less busy day of Jan. 5.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #101
sixisenough
Mouseketeer

To Shelly, Thank you so much for keeping us all motivated and keeping a running total on who is all coming and when.
I agree Thank you Shelly for having so much fun with this, it is nice to have others to share our planning and excitement with.

To sixisenough-you asked about the Fort. If you mean Fort Wilderness, we stayed there with extended family in February 2006. It was kept very clean and well laid out. We were in loop 1400 and very convenient to everything. If possible stay in that loop as it is very close to where the campfire with Chip and Dale and movie night is and Meadow Trading Post. In my opinion that was the better of the two there at that time. We also could walk up to the boat launch for Magic Kingdom, we loved that option.

Thank you Remmy, We have rented a golf cart for our trip also, so that will make getting around easier. Do you know did they have any crafts/activities for the kids? How spacious were the cabins??

You also mentioned bad bus service at the Pop. May I please inquire what your problems were. In the many guide books and on various sites, it should have been the best of all values for the buses as they don't share. That is one of the major reasons we were considering it. We have heard from friends who have been at All Stars and the above, there is much wait time to go to the other resorts to load up and drop off. I am not saying that is always the case, but just from what I have read and heard. I am curious at your reasons, if you don't mind sharing as I have time to change.

I think the POP has gotten so popular and I saw that it is the 10th biggest hotel in world. We went the first week in Feb last year, and we had very bad waits for the buses, especially at MK. We stayed til after fireworks, and waited over an hour in line with 2 kids asleep. Feel free to PM me if you need more details. The all stars did not have the lines the POP did, and it is the furthest to walk to.

Last year at that time also, there were cheer groups, along with huge tour groups from Europe. They did lots of chanting in the parks. I think anymore there are so many groups throughout the year that travel to Disney.

I am so bummed about this ADR situation, my call in date was supposed to be July 21st. Have any of you done CRT and do you recommend, I may still try to reserve that and Chef Mickeys?

Also, can anyone tell me how to post pictures on the DIS? Thanks!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #102
sixisenough
Mouseketeer

Sorry I tried to post reply using the quotes and I don't think I did right.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #103
kiteri
is eternally grateful for the Dis!!!!

I am SO bummed about the ADR thing!

I am ready for the park hours to start my OCD planning too!!!

Can I take a tantrum?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #104
hrsmom
Mouseketeer

We'll be there January 17-24! We're staying at BWV. This will be our first time staying there!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #105
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!

You are all very welcome for this thread! I am glad to do it, I mean it, Disney has taken over my life!

As for the bus service at POP and the All Stars, I'm sure it's hit or miss at both, as it is at many of the resorts. All we can do is hope for the best!! I know in May we were at AK and wanted to go to ASMo to check it out so we went to the bus stop and a bus pulled right up. The bus was probably 3/4 full and that was for all 3 All Stars. From there we took a bus to DHS, after about a 5 minute wait. It was about half full and it had already stopped at the other 2 All Stars. Not bad, especially in May! I've never had any experience with the POP buses. And we have had good and bad with all the Moderates.

Six - We've never been to CRT. Chef Mickey's is awesome! To post a picture you need to upload your photo's to a photo site, I use Photobucket. Then copy and paste the link to the pic to your post here. Let me know if you need any help!

Speaking of pictures. . . If anyone want to see a picture of anything at WDW let me know and I probably have it! Remember the 600+ pics I took in May?

Laumau - Your plans look great! Mama Melrose food is great, just make sure that you leave at least 2 hours open to go there, the service is VERY slow.

to our new Snowbirds! That list is sure growing!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: