Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #16
jenkh
Mouseketeer

Hello All!

Just found the thread! Very excited for our January trip (If only the park hours were posted lol)

We'll be there for a 2 week dream vacation Jan 17-31. We took the plunge and bought DVC in '07 and have pooled the points since then (and borrowed some) to really have a fun time.

From Jan 17-24 it's me, my mom and dad staying in a 1 bedroom Boardwalk View (Boadwalk Villas) Which we've never even seen before so we're all looking forward to that. (all the pictures we've seen have been so pretty)

The following week Jan 24-31 we go back to our home at AKV. We spent one night there before our cruise this past Jan and are so happy to call it home. For this week were staying in a 2 bedroom savannah view and my aunt and uncle are coming as well.

We've got our airfare already so other then making ADR's... we just wait (197 days and counting!)

All Star Music Oct 10-17 2005 / Coronado Springs Dec 1-8 2006 / DCL Trip January 26 2008 Western
All Star Movies Sept 26 - Oct 1 2008 /Boardwalk Villas January 17-24 2009 / Animal Kingdom Villas January 24-31 2009
First Trip to Disneyland! Oct 31-Nov 3 2010 / Animal Kingdom Villas Dec 3-10 2010 / Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 4-12 2011
DCL Fantasy Dec 8 - 15 2012
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #17
sixisenough
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkh View Post
Hello All!

Just found the thread! Very excited for our January trip (If only the park hours were posted lol)

We'll be there for a 2 week dream vacation Jan 17-31. We took the plunge and bought DVC in '07 and have pooled the points since then (and borrowed some) to really have a fun time.

From Jan 17-24 it's me, my mom and dad staying in a 1 bedroom Boardwalk View (Boadwalk Villas) Which we've never even seen before so we're all looking forward to that. (all the pictures we've seen have been so pretty)

The following week Jan 24-31 we go back to our home at AKV. We spent one night there before our cruise this past Jan and are so happy to call it home. For this week were staying in a 2 bedroom savannah view and my aunt and uncle are coming as well.

We've got our airfare already so other then making ADR's... we just wait (197 days and counting!)

We are arriving the same day you are, but will be at AKV til the 24th in a savannah room also. We also plunged and bought AKV and are so excited. WE also bought our airline tickets and so glad we did with the way prices are heading.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #18
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
This is our list and not in order of preference or on which day we will be going. Even though it is to be less crowded, we hope we can get all our ADRs.

1. Boma-Supper 8. Crystal Palace-Supper
2. 'Ohana-Breakfast 9. Garden Grill-Supper
3. 'Ohana-Supper 10. Tusker House-Breakfast
4. Chef Mickey's-Supper 11. 1900 Park Fare-supper
5. Le Cellier-Supper 12. Hollywood and Vine-Fantasmic
6. Coral Reef-Supper 13. Yak and Yeti-Supper
7. Whispering Canyon-Supper 14. ???????

We have most choices picked out. As you can tell we are going for character meals and kid friendly restaurants.

How do you make your ADRs without knowing the park hours? Disney has yet to release the hours as of last time I checked. I worry that we won't be maximizing the Extra hours and miss out. (I may be over paranoid on this.) We live way up north of Disney,and it is a big expense to us and can only make a trip every 3 years or more.

As for weather, as long as we don't see snow, we are happy. That is another reason on why we have picked January. What may seem cold or chillier to some, may seem warm to us. We can't wait to go.

Any suggestions on our choices. We really liked the Garden Grill but the rest will be a new experience for us.

Thanks Remmy
Those look like some excellent restaurant choices! We've been to several of them. Character meals and buffets seem to be the best choices for us too!

I'm not sure how we are supposed to make our ADR's without park hours. . . I've never had this situation before, the hours have always been posted.

I'm with you on the weather. Some people keep telling me that it might be really cold in January. Being from PA I don't really think FL weather in January is going to seem cold to us! I'm just hoping for a few days warm enough for the boys to be able to swim.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #19
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I'm planning on 7 TS meals (if we do DDP), and unfortunately I have more than 7 ideas: 1900 Park Fare (dinner), Le Cellier (dinner), Boma (breakfast AND dinner), Biergarten (lunch OR dinner), Teppan Edo (dinner), Raglan Road (dinner), O'hana (breakfast), Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner), Tusker House (breakfast), and Mama Melrose's (dinner). Obviously, this list has to be reduced. If we don't do DDP, this list will shrink very significantly. Some of this will depend on the children's menus as well...I just printed out all of the menus for my DDs/DH to check out.

Someone told me that kids don't always have to order from the children's menu on DDP at counter service. Is that pretty well known? Did you have that happen everywhere or just some places? Did anyone give you a hassle about it (because the brochure states in both the CS and TS areas that children must order from children's menu where available)?

I guess that's it for now. Have a great long weekend everybody!
Good luck narrowing that list down!!

Yep, we have ordered the kids whatever they want at CS restaurants. Never been questioned once. And we only do it when there isn't anything on the kids menu that they want.(sometimes there are only 3 choices) Generally at the CS's you walk through a very crowded line and then get to a CM who takes your order. They don't know who is in your party and they really don't care! Then you move further up the line and wait for your food. Plus I don't think Disney is too worried about it because they don't differentiate CS meals on the receipt. After every meal at the bottom of the receipt it tells you how many remaining credits you have left for that type of meal. We started out with 28 TS credits and 28 CS credits. After our first TS meal at Mama Melrose our receipt says 12 Adult TS remain, 12 Child TS remain (24 total). After our first CS meal at Pepper Market it says 24 CS remain. See what I mean??? I was even told by the concierge at POFQ last year that the CS meals didn't matter!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #20
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the January info Sixisenough!

January friends!
Tink1978 ~ Jan 1-7 POFQ
Sixisenough ~ Jan 17-24 AKL
Jenkh ~ Jan 17-31 BWV/AKV
Momof2disneyboys ~ Jan 21-27 ASMo
Trixiequilts ~ Jan 21-28 AKL
Remmy ~ Jan 25-Feb 7 POP
Cinderellamom123 ~ Jan ???
Tinkerbelluk ~ Jan ???
Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #21
Remmy
Mouseketeer

Goodies?

Has anyone heard of any rumors of any goodies that may be offered to us that want to go in January? I know in the last few years in my area that they offered (starting in November I think is when the incentive came out) free upgrade to Water Parks and More pass. Our travel agent has told us that even if we book early she will get us any deals that may be announced for our travel dates.

I wondered with soaring fuel prices and the slight downturn in economy if Disney might be offering us anything. I wish they add back onto the dining plan what they took off (gratuities and appetizer). I also wonder what next years theme will be. I can't wait.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #22
Remmy
Mouseketeer

Thank you

Thank you Shelly for starting this thread and all of the positive encouragement you have given to me. I am sorry I am not very creative to think of a catchy name for our group as of yet. I do find your last group name very humorous.

Thank you sixisenough for your input. I am looking forward to your reviews of those resort restaurants, especially Kona. We were thinking of that one too. One good thing about Disney, is that it has many restaurant choices, one bad thing is we never have enough time to discover them all on one trip.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #23
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Remmy!

Last year on Oct 30th (2007) I got an offer for Chase Disney Visa cardholders, here it is: Good most nights 1/1/08 - 3/15/08 5nights/6days Free ticket upgrades & room discounts, $385 Adults, $192 Kids for a Value resort. Other lengths of stay and moderate rates too. . . So that's what I'm holding out for this year! I have also read on other threads to expect other great offers in 2009 because of the poor economy. Free dining would be awesome!! Disney will do what they have to in order to get you to stay on-site and keep their hotels full. But I have also read that Disney is thinking about closing AK one day a week and DHS another day a week to help fill up the other parks if things get that bad. I personally don't think it will ever come to that, but what do I know! I also just read this morning on another thread that we won't be able to make our 2009 ADR's until 90 days out, instead of the 180 days, and that Disney is possibly not going to publish their park hours until 90 days out either.

Who knows what this crazy economy is going to bring us. Let's just hope we come out on the winning end of the Disney deals!! Has everyone but me booked their airfare??? I just don't know what to do. AirTran has the flights I want, at $109 each way. I've never paid more than $79 each way (and usually only $69). Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy them now ??? I don't know. We don't want to fly Southwest again, we flew with them last year and we ended up with delays and destroyed luggage!

Okay, so no one wants to come up with a name for our awesome little group! I'm at a loss too. But I think this is our symbol --> Because we will be "cool" in January, not cold!!

Have a great 4th of July everyone!!Just remember the next time you see fireworks you will be seeing them over Cinderella castle and a little tune will be playing in your ear - When you wish upon a star . . . You all know what I'm talking about!!!

Last edited by Momof2Disneyboys; 07-04-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #24
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Forgot to mention, I heard that next year's theme is going to remain the Year of a Million Dreams, but on a smaller scale.

We'll see. . . .
Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #25
jenkh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Forgot to mention, I heard that next year's theme is going to remain the Year of a Million Dreams, but on a smaller scale.

We'll see. . . .
Really? Still? I was kind of hoping that I'd finally get to see something different. All i know is this "year" has been going on forever!!

<----- Love the symbol... No idea on a name though

All Star Music Oct 10-17 2005 / Coronado Springs Dec 1-8 2006 / DCL Trip January 26 2008 Western
All Star Movies Sept 26 - Oct 1 2008 /Boardwalk Villas January 17-24 2009 / Animal Kingdom Villas January 24-31 2009
First Trip to Disneyland! Oct 31-Nov 3 2010 / Animal Kingdom Villas Dec 3-10 2010 / Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 4-12 2011
DCL Fantasy Dec 8 - 15 2012
Old 07-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #26
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Yes, it seems that the Year of a Million Dreams is turning into the YearS of a Million Dreams! I was hoping for something different too. But I suppose if I had won a wonderful prize in one of the last 2 trips I wouldn't feel that way! We have gotten a few little surprises. In 2007 we were family of the day at the Garden Grill for lunch. We got a certificate and a"free" appetizer (we were already on the DDP) and 1 fastpass good for 4 people for that day. Not a Dream Fastpass, just good for one attraction. This year DS9 got chosen to do the Jedi Training Academy and got a year of a million dreams certificate for that. He was thrilled, it was a dream come true for him!! DS6 was very disappointed that he didn't get chosen. So I am hoping that they continue to do that so that DS6 will maybe get a chance. So, anyone with little Star Wars fans should check that out if it's still there!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #27
kiteri
is eternally grateful for the Dis!!!!

Hello All!!!

Count me in! I am arriving late January 16 through January 24 right now, but hoping to extend that to January 25 if I can ever snag an extra day at Fort Wilderness!

I will have to give our name some thought!!!

When I get more time, I will be back!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #28
maplemouse
faith, trust, and pixie dust

Location: Knoxville, TN ---- 660 miles from our driveway to Mickey's door!

Planning for January

Hello
Yes, we are planning a trip to WDW for Jan. 1-5. We have gone for the past several years for a short second trip around the end of December or first of January and have always enjoyed that time of year. We always go in June, for about ten days. Last January was the coldest Jan. they had in years. We almost froze to death!! Not much fun. But, at least we were there!
I want to book my Jan. trip and it is hard to when the 2009 rates are not out. I want to compare several resorts, CR, AKL, PORR. I asked for a 2009 quote from Dreams Unlimited, but it sure didn't sound like they quoted prices for value season. Do you think there will be some discounts later for Jan.? I've never used a code before. Don't know anything about them.
30 trips to WDW since 19745 Disney cruises-7 night Magic, Oct. '06 ,BTB 4/3 Wonder, May '08 7 night Magic, May '09:5 night Wonder Double Dip/ 5 nights Disney World, May '10,5 night Magic Double Dip Holiday cruise, Jan. '11

Old 07-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #29
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

to Kiteri and Maplemouse!

I am excited, we are getting quite the little group going here!! I wasn't sure how many people would respond to this thread.

Maplemouse - I am expecting some great offers for 2009! They probably won't be out for at least a few more months though. . .
Old 07-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #30
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

January friends! (that's what I'll call us until we come up with a better name!)
Maplemouse ~ Jan 1-5 ???
Tink1978 ~ Jan 1-7 POFQ
Kiteri ~ Jan 16-24 FW
Sixisenough ~ Jan 17-24 AKL
Jenkh ~ Jan 17-31 BWV/AKV
Momof2disneyboys ~ Jan 21-27 ASMo
Trixiequilts ~ Jan 21-28 AKL
Remmy ~ Jan 25-Feb 7 POP
Cinderellamom123 ~ Jan ???
Tinkerbelluk ~ Jan ???
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread